D3 soccer in Landmark conference

Started by sokermom, February 03, 2017, 10:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklyspeaking

The preseason scrimmages seem to shed some light on these teams and also gives some insight on the Freshman class.  It would be nice to see who is playing who.

franklyspeaking

Are preseason games listed anywhere?  Do these teams play D3 opponents in the preseason or do they play D1 and D2 level teams?  I have heard that Drew had a strong recruiting class this year.

Mid-Atlantic Fan

Quote from: franklyspeaking on August 09, 2017, 10:04:36 AM
Are preseason games listed anywhere?  Do these teams play D3 opponents in the preseason or do they play D1 and D2 level teams?  I have heard that Drew had a strong recruiting class this year.

It all depends on the team. Some teams do post who they will scrimmage in the preseason but most do not. As for the level of competition that also depends on the coaches preference but we do tend to see many D2 and D3 teams playing each other in the preseason or spring season as well as a few teams playing D1 schools here and there usually in the spring.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on August 09, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

It all depends on the team. Some teams do post who they will scrimmage in the preseason but most do not. As for the level of competition that also depends on the coaches preference but we do tend to see many D2 and D3 teams playing each other in the preseason or spring season as well as a few teams playing D1 schools here and there usually in the spring.

I can't remember seeing a D3 team playing a D2 or D1 in the spring. Here are the construction pics for Scranton's new NCAA regulation field:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXnWe8vlA3A/
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

SoccerFan2017

Quote from: NEPAFAN on August 10, 2017, 10:10:47 AM
Quote from: Mid-Atlantic Fan on August 09, 2017, 02:01:24 PM

I can't remember seeing a D3 team playing a D2 or D1 in the spring. Here are the construction pics for Scranton's new NCAA regulation field:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXnWe8vlA3A/

D3 teams play D2 teams frequently in spring play days and occasionally some will play D1 teams for their one date of competition. I believe Messiah has played D1 teams such as Georgetown, Lycoming played Bucknell last spring...just a couple of the many examples

franklyspeaking

Interesting.  Was Messiah able to compete well against Gtown, and how about Lycoming vs Bucknell?

Mid-Atlantic Fan

If I recall, Lycoming played Bucknell two springs ago and tied them. This past spring they attended a play date with some others that consisted of Lock Haven (D2), Kings, Ursinus, Arcadia, and others. Elizabethtown also hosts a play date in the spring that usually consists of D2 and D3 teams. I know in the past Lycoming, Misericordia, and Susquehanna have all faced Bloomsburg University (D2) in the preseason and spring season. Messiah faced Shippensburg (D2) last preseason. Another example is F&M and Leb Val both played Bucknell this past spring season I believe. Not sure how they made out but D3 schools playing against D2 and D1 schools happens quite often.

Ejay

I believe Drew defeated D1 St. Peters this spring 3-1.

franklyspeaking

Anywhere to find out when the preseason scrimmages will be played

NEPAFAN

Twitter is bet, according to twitter lvc has played F&M and plays Scranton on Tuesday.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

sokermom

I tried to go to each school's websites and not many schools have updated their rosters or posted pre-season scrimmages.  And most schools are not active on twitter.  So yeah, we have to wait for the actual season to begin to keep track of each school's progress/performance.

franklyspeaking

My guess is that rosters are not updated because they do not know who will be on the team.  There are teams that cut players and they dont want to put out a roster that is not accurate. 

Shooter McGavin

Quote from: sokermom on August 21, 2017, 12:34:58 PM
I tried to go to each school's websites and not many schools have updated their rosters or posted pre-season scrimmages.  And most schools are not active on twitter.  So yeah, we have to wait for the actual season to begin to keep track of each school's progress/performance.

Many schools wait until at least close to the completion of preseason before being able to add roster names, photos, team pictures, etc due to the amount of other sports also practicing and those teams needs as well. D3 schools don't have the luxury of having one person covering each sport and constantly updating everything at the blink of an eye.

Also to echo what franklyspeaking stated, most teams haven't even had a scrimmage yet so teams are more than likely still figuring out who will make the cut. I would anticipate seeing rosters, conference coaches polls, pictures, etc all by the end of this week/weekend.

franklyspeaking

Scranton plays at Lebanon Valley today

NEPAFAN

any result in the Scranton-LVC game?
Vince Lombardi