MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swish3

So glad CNU beat VWC...they have some real douchebag fans.

Swish3

CNU moves up 3 spots to #6, while Salisbury tumbles 10 spots to #15 in the most recent poll...even though I wasn't sad that Salisbury lost two in a row, it would have been nice if they had at least split for the sake of the conference.  At this point, it looks like it will be a two team race for the top spot...a little surprised that MWC isn't doing better, and St. Mary's has been inconsistent.

Anyone out there?

GO CAPS!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on January 04, 2017, 08:33:58 AM
CNU moves up 3 spots to #6, while Salisbury tumbles 10 spots to #15 in the most recent poll...even though I wasn't sad that Salisbury lost two in a row, it would have been nice if they had at least split for the sake of the conference.  At this point, it looks like it will be a two team race for the top spot...a little surprised that MWC isn't doing better, and St. Mary's has been inconsistent.

Anyone out there?

GO CAPS!

I was a little disappointed Salisbury didn't split in Vegas as well (I thought they would split at worst), but at the same time they ran into two very good teams - one that should have been ranked (I will admit) and another I had in my preseason poll, but was finally healthy as a team for the first time against Salisbury. BOTH should be in the NCAA tournament (baring injuries and such) and BOTH could make deep runs (unless the NJAC curse remains in place).

Salisbury will be fine, though I agree that I am disappointed in the rest of the conference. I have stated a few times that I thought this conference would be a four-horse race... but Mary Wash and SMC are not playing as well as I expected. I heard SMC has brought in 26 players in the last two years - it isn't showing on the court. I figured Mary Wash would have figured things out by now - not showing on the court. I suspect both will improve as the season goes on, but it has taken some of the excitement out so far this year.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

MW_Eagles

Hey all, I'm also a little disappointed in the Eagles this year.   Not so much with their play, but more so on the attrition they've had.   Losing both Mark Madison (freshman of the year) and TJ Jones for this season has taken a dent.  Not sure of the back story, but was really looking forward to the season with those 2 in the lineup.   They've lost a couple of OT (Dickinson, St Marys) games in which both were sent to OT on a last second 3 at the end of regulation.   They have some OK talent (Shaw, Luktenhaus) and are getting some freshman a lot of time.   Another worry, especially in conference play, is they don't appear very deep.  Through attrition and injuries, I've only counted 9-10 guys dressed.   Should be an interesting one tomorrow.   I'd expect Salisbury to come out pretty hungry and angry after dropping 2.   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah - Salisbury is going to come in very fired up. That is for sure. I also look forward to seeing what the Sea Gulls look like when Brooks gets back into the rotation.

As for Mary Washington - GREAT to hear from an Eagles supporter! Keep it up!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Swish3 on January 03, 2017, 09:57:47 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on December 21, 2016, 12:05:52 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on December 20, 2016, 08:41:55 AM
I heard from a reliable source that as of Saturday night at approximately 6 o'clock, Barcikowski decided to become a minister and gave a sermon to the entire SU program on Sunday in church...they were all holding hands and rejoicing, while thanking God for an early Christmas!

I've never seen that kind of emotional turn around.  Barcikowski knew his pull up three was stupid before it even clanged off the rim.  In the ensuing timeout he wouldn't even walk over to huddle and stayed for a prolonged period on the other side of the floor with Sachs just staring him down.  When Andy Sachs is too upset to yell, you know its bad.  Then, not two minutes later (in real time) Barcikowski is tearing around the floor in utter elation.  Pretty cool moment - and my second in-person buzzer beater of the year (four if you count the two halftime shot Steven Point hit at the Hoopsville Classic).  Very nice to see redemption come around so quickly.

Also, I went to "Cook Out" after the game - $6.88 for dinner.  I'll bill you.

I was offering to pay if you stayed away, Ryan...you obviously jinxed CNU by going! ;)  Also, since when is Cook Out any better than a 7-11 hot dog?

I'm a Yankee; I'd never even heard of one before and my friends said I had to try it.  I was not disappointed.  Honestly, hot dog is one of the few foods I'm snobby about, ironically.  I like my hot dogs high quality.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Swish3

A couple of big games for CNU at Marymount tomorrow...the Lady Captains will have their hands full, while the Marymount men have been better than expected...should be interesting!

GO CAPS!

TheOsprey

Why did Mr. Smith not play for Salisbury today?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: TheOsprey on January 08, 2017, 08:16:26 PM
Why did Mr. Smith not play for Salisbury today?

He went to Washington?

Sorry... couldn't resist. I don't personally know.

TheOsprey

Thanks, d-mac.  Just hope he took night off.

Keep up the good work Dave.👍 ;)

MRMIKESMITH

Good win by the Gulls over Frostburg, good way to jump out early. You have to win the games that you are suppose to. After being away from home for nearly a month, it's always good to play at home in a familiar place. Another home game and then to York, then having a game against the team up 13 (always interesting).

Swish3

I'm glad Daly decided to show up for the last ten minutes against Marymount...that was a tough game!  CNU has another potentially tough game w/St. Mary's at the Free tonight...we'll see what Jimmy Fallon has in store for the Captains. :)

GO CAPS!

MRMIKESMITH

Dominating win for the Seagulls yesterday. Having Agent Smith in the lineup, the Seagulls dominated in the paint. If they can continue that success in the paint, especially against good competition, they are going to be a great inside out team with the great shooting of Barcikowsk and be tough to beat come conference tourney and hopefully the national tourney. Now on to York, winners of their last 4 out of 6 with tough losses to Marymount an Randolph Macon. They are going to be amp coming off two straight wins and playing at home.

Swish3

CNU pulled out another tough one against a game St. Mary's team...I will admit that they have talent, but have been playing mediocre as a team overall.  The Captains were pretty dismal shooting the ball, especially in the first half...unusual to see McFarland really struggle from three...thanks goodness for their stingy defense.  Once again, Daly was indecisive and waited too long to become aggressive...Regimbal hit some big baskets during the last several minutes, as he's really come on lately.  CNU has to be ready for everyone's best shot when they step on the floor...also need to shoot free throws better.  Don't want to come down too hard on a top five team that's 12-2, but there's lots of room for improvement....

GO CAPS!

Swish3

Quote from: MANDGSU on January 12, 2017, 11:15:46 AM
Dominating win for the Seagulls yesterday. Having Agent Smith in the lineup, the Seagulls dominated in the paint. If they can continue that success in the paint, especially against good competition, they are going to be a great inside out team with the great shooting of Barcikowsk and be tough to beat come conference tourney and hopefully the national tourney. Now on to York, winners of their last 4 out of 6 with tough losses to Marymount an Randolph Macon. They are going to be amp coming off two straight wins and playing at home.

Dominating second half, as the Gulls shot 75%, but that's a rarity, so don't expect it to happen again for the rest of the season...just sayin'.