BB: SCIAC: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, December 31, 2005, 09:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

108 Stitches

CLU wins 6-5 came from down 5-3 in the 7th.
CLU           6-16-2
Chapman   5-6-1

Jack Parkman

Redlands leads 1-0 after 2 and it was rained out.  Pick it up tomorrow morning at 8:30am.

Great win for Cal Lu.  They had 16 hits but it took a Chapman error and a huge 2-out double to win this one.  Guessing Chapman plays the loser of Oxy/Redlands at 11:30 or noon, and Cal Lu plays the winner of Oxy/Redlands at 3 or 3:30.  Elimination game on Sunday and 1 championship game, then probably another Championship game (if necessary) on Monday.

108 Stitches

Just checked the scores and Redlands beat Oxy 2-1 in what looked like a pretty good game from the box.

Redlands 2-10-2
Oxy          1-8-0

Chapman takes on Oxy next and CLU faces Redlands in the afternoon. All games a Oxy and they are webcasted

SoCalSoxFan

Quote from: 108 Stitches on May 07, 2016, 02:11:58 PM
Just checked the scores and Redlands beat Oxy 2-1 in what looked like a pretty good game from the box.

Redlands 2-10-2
Oxy          1-8-0

Chapman takes on Oxy next and CLU faces Redlands in the afternoon. All games a Oxy and they are webcasted

Redlands and CLU split 4 games this year, with Redlands taking 2 extra inning games.  Last week CLU eked out 6-5 win.  In fact, last three games CLU has won 6-5..  I'm Expecting a very competitive game.   Is Redlands going to be this years version of LaVerne?  #4 seed winning SCIAC tourney?   Looking forward to next 24-30 hours.

Purple Heys

You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Jack Parkman

Oxy beats Chapman 5-2 to move into tomorrow mornings game between the loser of the Cal Lu/Redlands game.  Chapman booted a dribbler to score 2 runs and give Oxy a 4-2 lead.  Cal Lu and Redlands just started.

Jack Parkman

Cal Lu beats Redlands 6-3 to advance to the SCIAC Tournament Championship game.  I also believe this solidifies their spot in a regional, regardless of what happens tomorrow.  Oxy and Redlands in game 1 tomorrow to see who will play Cal Lu.

Sluggerdad

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 07, 2016, 08:57:41 PM
Cal Lu beats Redlands 6-3 to advance to the SCIAC Tournament Championship game.  I also believe this solidifies their spot in a regional, regardless of what happens tomorrow.  Oxy and Redlands in game 1 tomorrow to see who will play Cal Lu.

Quite a winning tradition they've got going there.  No wonder it's so hard for freshman players to break through there. 

Jack Parkman

I am interested to see how the pitching lines up today for the winner of the Oxy/Redlands game.  Oxy has thrown 2 complete games and will start their freshman who has been roughed up a little lately after dominating most of the season.  Redlands looks to be without their #1 as he hasn't thrown in a few weeks.  If Oxy wins game 1 and gets a long outing from their starter, I would assume they start their closer against Cal Lu in the afternoon game.  Redlands might have to start their closer if necessary as well.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

Sluggerdad

Cal Lu wins 4-1 over Oxy.

How deep will Cal Lu go in the Regional?

Will Oxy get a pool C bid?

Jack Parkman

Quote from: Sluggerdad on May 08, 2016, 08:29:36 PM
Cal Lu wins 4-1 over Oxy.

How deep will Cal Lu go in the Regional?

Will Oxy get a pool C bid?

They will go as far as their hitting takes them.  They have been to plenty of regionals with high powered offenses only to be shut down in the regional.  The West is typically a very low-scoring regional.

Oxy is in a very tough spot.  They dropped from 2 to 5 in the regional rankings (which are all that matters) after losing 2 games last week.  They were behind Concordia in the latest ranking but Concordia went 1-2 in the ASC Tourney.  Oxy dropped 2 more games in the SCIAC Tourney and has a SOS of 176, which is awful and definitely something the committee will look at.  The new regional rankings will tell the story for Oxy and their chances.

108 Stitches

Congrats to CLU in filling out the West Regional. I think Oxy is in a tough position with CTX. Getting to the championship game helps their cause but it is a national selection process so their fate rests in the results from the rest of the country. There are some pretty good teams in the mid-west who will likely displace them depending on the results of other conference tournaments.

BigPoppa

I think OXY needs to cheer for all the conference favorites to win tourney titles this weekend if they are to have ANY shot of a Pool C. Still, I think OXY is done (All the faves never win their titles).
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

SoCalSoxFan

Quote from: 108 Stitches on May 09, 2016, 01:38:09 AM
Congrats to CLU in filling out the West Regional. I think Oxy is in a tough position with CTX. Getting to the championship game helps their cause but it is a national selection process so their fate rests in the results from the rest of the country. There are some pretty good teams in the mid-west who will likely displace them depending on the results of other conference tournaments.

108, agreed.
Like last year with CLU, I expect the SCIAC regular season winner (Oxy) who goes on and loses in Final, will be left at home.