FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crufootball

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on January 26, 2013, 07:15:25 AM
Concerning LC: The college has launched a capital campaign with the goal of raising $50 million. In that $50 million there is money earmarked for completion of the stadium. However, it is money that must be raised and not a gift from the LBC. At its annual meeting in November, the LBC voted to allow LC to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC specifically for $12 million which is part of the $50 million total. The $12 million is designated for renovation and repair of campus housing/infrastructure.

To recap in an effort to make more clear: $38 million of the $50 million, which must be raised, is for various campus projects which will include new housing, renovation of the basketball facility, completion of the stadium, etc... $12 million of the $50 million is specifically for repair/remodeling of campus housing. Per a vote at the LBC annual meeting, LC is allowed to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC in an effort to raise the $12 million.

I hope this helps, but if it is still about as clear as mud, I do understand. : )
[/

Is there confidence that at least the 12 million will be raised soon?

LaCollegeFan

Quote from: crufootball on January 26, 2013, 11:35:35 PM
Quote from: Kelly Boggs on January 26, 2013, 07:15:25 AM
Concerning LC: The college has launched a capital campaign with the goal of raising $50 million. In that $50 million there is money earmarked for completion of the stadium. However, it is money that must be raised and not a gift from the LBC. At its annual meeting in November, the LBC voted to allow LC to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC specifically for $12 million which is part of the $50 million total. The $12 million is designated for renovation and repair of campus housing/infrastructure.

To recap in an effort to make more clear: $38 million of the $50 million, which must be raised, is for various campus projects which will include new housing, renovation of the basketball facility, completion of the stadium, etc... $12 million of the $50 million is specifically for repair/remodeling of campus housing. Per a vote at the LBC annual meeting, LC is allowed to make direct appeals to the churches of the LBC in an effort to raise the $12 million.

I hope this helps, but if it is still about as clear as mud, I do understand. : )
[/

Is there confidence that at least the 12 million will be raised soon?

Thank you Mr. Boggs. I knew that it was something a long those lines, just wasn't sure on all the details. As far as the 12 million, the Town Talk quoted some church leaders around the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, and they seemed eager to help any way they could. So, i really hope the 12 million will be raised very soon.

Gray Fox

UMHB will be playing at Redlands on Sept 7.
Fierce When Roused

Ron Boerger

Hal Mumme's son now OC at LaGrange.  Seems an odd move from D2 McMurry -> DIA Davidson back to a D3 school.

http://d3football.com/seasons/2012/contrib/20130213911r1u

Hawks88

Quote from: Gray Fox on February 14, 2013, 02:34:47 AM
Isn't this when they were supposed to be coming to Huntingdon? Any idea what happened?

Gray Fox

Quote from: Hawks88 on February 14, 2013, 12:21:10 PM
Quote from: Gray Fox on February 14, 2013, 02:34:47 AM
Isn't this when they were supposed to be coming to Huntingdon? Any idea what happened?
I don't know.  I got my info fron the SCIAC board.
Fierce When Roused

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ron Boerger on February 14, 2013, 11:24:41 AM
Hal Mumme's son now OC at LaGrange.  Seems an odd move from D2 McMurry -> DIA Davidson back to a D3 school.

http://d3football.com/seasons/2012/contrib/20130213911r1u

Davidson isn't IA -- they are FCS non-scholarship, only about 10 years removed from playing ODAC teams on a regular basis.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ron Boerger

...and upon reflection the younger Mumme wasn't at McM when they were D2.   Never mind  :P

crufootball

Andy Archibald

Quote from: crufootball on February 14, 2013, 05:47:02 PM
UMHB unveiled  their new athletics logo today for those interested.

http://www.cruathletics.com/news/2013/2/14/BB_0214133618.aspx?path=baseball

Very displeased with the new logo. UMHB no longer has a original design. Looks way too much like Rutgers and UCF.
National Champions 2016, 2018, 2021!

twitter: @andyarchibald

cover2

Ron Boerger

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

Ron Boerger

Yes, but while crusaders were knights not all knights were crusaders. 

Gray Fox

Someone had to stay home and polish the chasity belts so they wouldn't rust.
Fierce When Roused