Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njlincolnlion

Luv:

Who is backing up Dustin Johnson this year?  In the past they could go to a Shai Warsaw type.  Does the backup QB have any experience? 

I also expect another huge year for Leroy Satchel.  The Gulls have to make it to the playoffs and get over the hump and get a post season win.

Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, '30

17 NCAA DIII Championships

ACMob

Lagrange should be an easy place for recruiting.  They have no competing schools (in D3) close to them.  The local high school has won the past 2-3 state championship within their class.  Also, before moving up in division II, West GA. won the D3 title back in 82 and they are geographically similar.  Lots of real good local boys that can play football should be interested in this GA/AL border school.  Eventually, they will be a force in the South region!

luvapontiac

I believe at this point it is Travis Peters out of McDonough, though I am not entirely sure yet. No backup QB got significant playing time last season really.

I agree with you about the getting the playoff win this season, or nobody will take them seriously anymore when they become a choke playoff team.

njlincolnlion

Luv:

I noticed that the Gulls are playing a 1-AA team in St. Peters (NJ).  Additionally, the Peacocks has a preseason All-American at RB.  Since the game is at Salisbury, I hope the Gulls pull it out, however, do you think a lost to a 1-AA team will affect their playoff chances if they only have one loss to another D3 squad?
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Pat Coleman

St. Peter's is I-AA non-scholarship. If Salisbury loses to them they are in a world of hurt. St. Peter's only beat Hartwick, one of the worst teams in D-III, 19-9 last year.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

njlincolnlion

Pat:

Thanks for the input.  I live in North Jerssey and wasn't even aware St. Peters had a foorball team until I saw them on Salisbury's schedule.

I'm looking forward to the Salisbury, CNU game as well as the Widener, Montclair, and Wesley games. 
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Knightstalker

St. Peters used to have a hard time beating NJCU back when they were JCSC and still had football.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

njlincolnlion

Knightstalker:

Thanks for the encouraging info on St. Peters.  Have you heard from Ira Thor lately? 

Hopefully Lincoln will get another "crack" at the Gothic Knights in Basketball, but that subject belongs on another board.      8)
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die,
That cannot fly.

Langston Hughes, '29      

Knightstalker

Ira just sent the the Mens and womens soccer schedules to all the Gothic Knight fans on his mailing list. 

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

Bigtoe75

Travis Peters started a couple of games (maybe 3?) for Salisbury last year.  Dustin Johnson hurt his knee in the Methodist game and was out for awhile.  I know Travis started and played the whole game against Greensboro last year.

plmokn

Travis Peters started 3 games last year and played in 9 of the 11.  Salisbury always plays more than one QB

plmokn

I believe Wesley will win the conference.  With their academic standards they have a distinct advantage.

rams1102

You have to be kidding. Wesley, academic standards  :o
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

rams1102

You have to be kidding, Wesley academic standards  :o
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

Pat Coleman

Yeah, standards are for the people who post messages twice. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.