FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umhb2001

Coach of Linfield talking about the end of the season and their upcoming game with HSU.

https://youtu.be/R_7FXww_43Q
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

D O.C.

Sounds like everyone knows their job and there's no need for talk.

Safe flight Cowboys.
No injuries!.

umhb2001

REady for the Thanksgiving break and playoff football.

Kelly Boggs

Weather forecast for kickoff at Crusader Stadium on Saturday: Temperature 73 degrees - Sunny - Wind out of the North/Northwest at 23 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

UMHB03

http://d3football.com/columns/around-the-nation/index

Not a lot of respect for the defending National Champs in the D3 predictions.

Ofcourse, I'll admit that I'm pretty nervous about getting back to Salem, considering the anemic offense and the murderer's row of opponents that the NCAA committee saddled us with.
2016, 2018, and 2021 D3 Football National Champions

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

DFWCrufan

Quote from: UMHB03 on November 16, 2017, 01:46:02 PM
http://d3football.com/columns/around-the-nation/index

Not a lot of respect for the defending National Champs in the D3 predictions.

Ofcourse, I'll admit that I'm pretty nervous about getting back to Salem, considering the anemic offense and the murderer's row of opponents that the NCAA committee saddled us with.
one at a time... I don't take the write up to be disrespectful The Cru have a very tough road ahead, very...tough.... Your talking Chapman, who could pull a rabbit out of a hat and fool you, then a rematch of one or two we faced this season so far and it was not easy, then St. Thomas...That is one road from hell to be playing on, the only saving grace is home. But we can say this.. it is going to be one hell of a bracket to watch.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

umhb2001

umhb2001

OCguy

Hello Cru Nation - I might be the only Chapman poster on these boards so i felt the need to say Hello and Good Luck. This Chapman team is special and has shown the most improvement over the course of a season as any Panther team i have ever seen. The Trinity lose was a fluke, coaches took their foot off the gas and then couldn't regroup. Haven't lost a game since.
Wish i could attend the game, hope everyone plays safe and hard. We could make it close or lose by 5 touchdowns, either way im excited. Go Chaptown!

OCguy

MonroviaCat

Quote from: OCguy on November 17, 2017, 10:17:50 AM
Hello Cru Nation - I might be the only Chapman poster on these boards so i felt the need to say Hello and Good Luck. This Chapman team is special and has shown the most improvement over the course of a season as any Panther team i have ever seen. The Trinity lose was a fluke, coaches took their foot off the gas and then couldn't regroup. Haven't lost a game since.
Wish i could attend the game, hope everyone plays safe and hard. We could make it close or lose by 5 touchdowns, either way im excited. Go Chaptown!

OCguy
I watched the Trinity loss and I'm not sure it was a
"taking the foot off the gas situation" as much as a meltdown by the offense and coaches to give Trinity the game.  The fumble that led to the game tying drive, the FG that got blocked that would have given Chapman a lead at the end of regulation, and then calling a passing play on first down in OT (when a FG was all that was needed to win it) that resulted in the fumble and game winning return by Trinity were all avoidable mistakes....IMO.  That being said, I absolutely agree that Chapman has improved a lot this season.  I was at the first game of the year and they were better than I expected then.  I've only seen improvement since.  I don't think they match up well against MHB (who does?) but they should be proud of the progress they've made this year.
Go Cats!

GillCJ1

OCguy

Congrats to your Panthers on the great season.  It's probably a little late, but safe travels to everyone who is going to the game.  Hopefully the stream works for everyone else.  As for me, I'll be on campus bright and early.

Go Cru!
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

umhb2001

Quote from: MonroviaCat on November 17, 2017, 12:11:08 PM

OCguy
"taking the foot off the gas situation" as much as a meltdown by the offense and coaches to give Trinity the game.  The fumble that led to the game tying drive, the FG that got blocked that would have given Chapman a lead at the end of regulation, and then calling a passing play on first down in OT (when a FG was all that was needed to win it) that resulted in the fumble and game winning return by Trinity were all avoidable mistakes....IMO.  That being said, I absolutely agree that Chapman has improved a lot this season.  I was at the first game of the year and they were better than I expected then.  I've only seen improvement since.  I don't think they match up well against MHB (who does?) but they should be proud of the progress they've made this year.

Good to hear.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: umhb2001 on November 17, 2017, 12:43:13 PM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on November 17, 2017, 12:11:08 PM

OCguy

Good to hear.
Ha---which part?   ;D
Go Cats!