FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HScoach

Quote from: Dr. Acula on June 05, 2018, 05:50:18 PM
The most impressive part about the low number of interceptions was that he threw the ball a lot AND he threw the ball down field a lot.  He had the best touch on deep balls I've ever seen in D3.  The number of times he'd drop it in Knestrick's hands full stride was incredible.

Agree 100%.  He had a great deep ball.

And was a much better athlete than most remember.  Imagine Greg Micehli's mobility with a much better arm.  Greg could throw the long ball but had to really step into it.  Bill could just flick it 50 yards so effortlessly.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: HScoach on June 05, 2018, 09:16:55 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on June 05, 2018, 05:50:18 PM
The most impressive part about the low number of interceptions was that he threw the ball a lot AND he threw the ball down field a lot.  He had the best touch on deep balls I've ever seen in D3.  The number of times he'd drop it in Knestrick's hands full stride was incredible.

Agree 100%.  He had a great deep ball.

And was a much better athlete than most remember.  Imagine Greg Micehli's mobility with a much better arm.  Greg could throw the long ball but had to really step into it.  Bill could just flick it 50 yards so effortlessly.

Isn't this where I'm now required by the Terms of Use to bring up that he was an option QB in high school?  That's like Borchert's version of Poorman's "LK got on a plane to go watch him!"   ;D 

Sir Battlescars

It should also be brought up that in the mid '90s the OAC was by far the King conference in D3. Just about every team in the OAC had a few studs, which makes Borchert's stats that much more impressive.
2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!

MUC57

Sis Battlescars

Excellent point on the quality of the OAC during the Borchert years. It truly does make his numbers even more impressive. A perspective we all missed. ☠🏈

Should say "Sir" above. Don't know how to correct it. A thousand pardons!
I am old. I tend to get mixed up AND I forget things! 😟
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

SaintsFAN

Quote from: HScoach on June 05, 2018, 12:52:01 PM
He was a stud.  Best QB to play at Mount.

I've heard his name before
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

bluenote

I never come on this page much but MUC57 seems to be acting up.... I think he may need a shoe shine and straight shot of tequila.  :-X

MUC57

Bluenote

Only if I can have my tequila in a frozen margarita, salt the rim. No shoe shine, wearing sandals!
Sometimes you frighten me, Blue! Strange! ☠🏈🍻

Desertraider

A few things about Borchert that always amazed me.
1. He played QB at Holy Name, ran the option and, if I remember correctly, threw the ball fewer than 50 times his Senior year. I read an article on LK that I thought mentioned it was less than 30 - but regardless.

2. The weather NEVER mattered. He lit teams up for 400 and 5 TDs rain, snow, sleet, hail.

3. The wind NEVER mattered. I think it was the 1997 Stagg bowl that had gusts of 30 mph and Borchert was slinging it all over the field and threw 6 TDs (?) and ran for 1 or 2.

4. Count his playoff games from 97 and I believe he had 60+ TDs and 2 INTs.

I think he is the greatest of the Mount QBs and should have been a first ballot.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

bluenote

MUC57.... you seem to have a long extension span go haywire?... in anywise please call the operator and get a shoe shine along with a yoga session..... and a brain transplant? LOL.  :o

MUC57

Bluenote

Have you thought of a face transplant? LOL I think you've had too many Singapore Slings. And speaking of my getting my shoes shined, where do you get your pants shined? And don't worry, those pants may come back in style! I don't think your Nehru jackets will, though!
But all seriousness aside, you need help. In those famous words, "here's looking at you, kid"!
☠🏈😀🍺

MUC57

Happy Father's Day to dads everywhere. Those of us that are dads are truly blessed. May God watch over us and all our children - and children everywhere. 🇺🇸

MUC57

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

I know I'm retired and have lots of time, and there isn't much going on, but gee guys, it's lonely out here.
Haven't heard from the usual cast of characters like: desertraider, Dr. Acula, joelmama (a fraternity brother), HScoach, WRMUalum, and our friends from JCU. Are you still alive?
Only 2 months until practice starts. Can't wait.
OK! I'll say my usual - Go Everybody. And remind you that I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things!
☠🏈🇺🇸👍😀🍺
And just for the hell of it, I'll throw in a Romanian flag - 🇷🇴 . Noroc (cheers)

BrowardRaider

Quote from: MUC57 on June 21, 2018, 12:05:03 PM
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

I know I'm retired and have lots of time, and there isn't much going on, but gee guys, it's lonely out here.
Haven't heard from the usual cast of characters like: desertraider, Dr. Acula, joelmama (a fraternity brother), HScoach, WRMUalum, and our friends from JCU. Are you still alive?
OK! I'll say my usual - Go Everybody. And remind you that I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things!
☠🏈🇺🇸👍😀🍺
And just for the hell of it, I'll throw in a Romanian flag - 🇷🇴 . Noroc (cheers)

I'll drink to that 57, Noroc

MUC57

BrowardRaider

You're my kind of guy. Nice to see you on the boards. Hope you post more often. We do have some fun. Sometimes we even make sense. We'll both drink to that!
By the way, I just gave you a +k. Go Raiders! ☠🏈🍻😜

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: MUC57 on June 21, 2018, 12:05:03 PM
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

☠🏈🇺🇸👍😀🍺

I was going to post, but you didn't mention me (another fraternity brother) so I will withhold my comments.  ;)
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017