Conference changes

Started by hopefan, May 01, 2008, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailsy

Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Caz Bombers

I wonder how much longer Gallaudet wants to be in the NEAC. That's two of their shorter road trips in a far-flung league soon to be gone.

Also, maybe this leads to the NY and PA contingents of the NEAC divorcing each other, long suspected by some.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Caz Bombers on August 31, 2017, 11:21:37 PM
I wonder how much longer Gallaudet wants to be in the NEAC. That's two of their shorter road trips in a far-flung league soon to be gone.

Also, maybe this leads to the NY and PA contingents of the NEAC divorcing each other, long suspected by some.

Gallaudet basically has no choice but to be in the NEAC. The CAC won't take them back, the ODAC isn't going to be interested, the CSAC certainly isn't going to take them (outside of their footprint), the new conference isn't going to be interested (or they would have been in the conversations to begin with and I know they were not part of the conversations). Don't even consider the Centennial or the MAC. That leaves Gallaudet no options. None.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 01, 2017, 03:17:33 PM

Gallaudet basically has no choice but to be in the NEAC. The CAC won't take them back, the ODAC isn't going to be interested, the CSAC certainly isn't going to take them (outside of their footprint), the new conference isn't going to be interested (or they would have been in the conversations to begin with and I know they were not part of the conversations). Don't even consider the Centennial or the MAC. That leaves Gallaudet no options. None.

They wouldn't be too upset, though, if the NEAC footprint suddenly stops in northern PA somewhere.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on September 02, 2017, 07:19:47 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on September 01, 2017, 03:17:33 PM

They wouldn't be too upset, though, if the NEAC footprint suddenly stops in northern PA somewhere.

Maybe... because that footprint in between is getting smaller and smaller as well.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

gordonmann

Bumping this back to the top.

Conference Changes Starting in 2017-2018
Alfred State joins the newly formed ACAA
Berea joins the USAC
Brevard joins the USAC (1st year provisional in 2017-18)
Daniel Webster closes its doors
Dean joins the NECC (1st year provisional in 2017-18)
Finlandia joins the ACAA
Ithaca leaves the E8 for the LL
Maine-Presque Isle joins the ACAA
Pine Manor joins the ACAA
Regis leaves the NECC for the GNAC
Rust leaves Division III for the NAIA
Sage leaves the SKY for the E8
SUNY-Canton joins the ACAA
Valley Forge joins the ACAA
Pfeiffer joins the USAC (1st year provisional in 2017-18)

Provisional Pipeline for 2017-2018 (Confirmed from NCAA)
First year full members: Berea, Bryn Athyn, Penn College
*4th year provisional members:  Alfred State, Illinois Tech, Iowa Wesleyan, McMurry (reclassifying)
*3rd year provisional members: Belhaven
2nd year provisional members: none
1st year provisional members: Brevard (reclassifying), Dean, Pfeiffer (reclassifying)
Exploratory: SUNY-Delhi, Johnson and Wales (Col.), Mississippi University for Women (no men's program)
*Games against Year 3 and 4 provisional members count the same as games against full-members for regional-ranking and tournament selection purposes

Conference Changes Starting in 2018-2019
Arcadia leaves the MACC for the New Conference
Bryn Athyn leaves the NEAC for the CSAC
Cabrini leaves the CSAC for the New Conference
Castleton leaves the NAC for the LEC
Colby-Sawyer leaves the NAC for the GNAC
Eastern Nazarene leaves the CCC for the NECC
Ferrum leaves the USAC for the ODAC
Green Mountain leaves the NAC and D3 for the NAIA
Gwynedd Mercy leaves the CSAC for the New Conference
Illinois Tech joins the NACC
Immaculata leaves the CSAC for the New Conference
Marymount leaves the CAC for the New Conference
Marywood leaves the CSAC for the New Conference
Neumann leaves the CSAC for the New Conference
New England College leaves the NAC for the NECC
St. Joseph (Conn.) adds men's basketball in the GNAC
Thomas More leaves the PAC for ?
Wesley leaves the CAC for the New Conference
Wilson leaves the NEAC for the CSAC

mailsy

Quote from: gordonmann on October 18, 2017, 06:14:13 PM
Bumping this back to the top.

Berea joins the USAC
Finlandia joins the ACAA

*4th year provisional members:  Alfred State, Illinois Tech, Iowa Wesleyan, McMurry (reclassifying)
1st year provisional members: Brevard (reclassifying), Dean, Pfeiffer (reclassifying)
Exploratory: SUNY-Delhi, Johnson and Wales (Col.), Mississippi University for Women (no men's program)
*Games against Year 3 and 4 provisional members count the same as games against full-members for regional-ranking and tournament selection purposes

Arcadia leaves the MACC for the New Conference

Just to let you know, from my understanding, Arcadia is not leaving the MAC in the 2018-19 season. Waiting on new president to sign off on joining new conference and won't be leaving until 2019-20 season.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Mr. Ypsi

gordonmann,

PLEASE tell me that the New Conference is just a temporary place-holder until they select a 'real' name! ;D  "New College" (Oxford) is one of the oldest colleges in the world.  The New River in North Carolina to West Virginia is (or so I have read) the oldest river geologically in North America, and perhaps the world!  "New" is never a good permanent name for anything! :D

Just ask "New Coke"! :o :(

Pat Coleman

I heard they wanted to call themselves the NEW MAC.  ;D
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 19, 2017, 12:10:37 AM
gordonmann,

PLEASE tell me that the New Conference is just a temporary place-holder until they select a 'real' name! ;D  "New College" (Oxford) is one of the oldest colleges in the world.  The New River in North Carolina to West Virginia is (or so I have read) the oldest river geologically in North America, and perhaps the world!  "New" is never a good permanent name for anything! :D

You don't want to come to the Green Bay area then. Everything is new up there. The NEW zoo, or Northeast Wisconsin Zoo and the N.E.W. Lutheran High, again, Northeast Wisconsin Lutheran High School.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

KnightSlappy

Thanks for the updates and confirmations! This page is key for me to make sure my SOS spreadsheets are up to date.

Berea joins the USAC
Finlandia joins the ACAA

Arcadia leaves the MACC for the New Conference -- pending approval, possibly (probably?) not till 2019-20

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: mailsy on October 18, 2017, 11:17:18 PM
Just to let you know, from my understanding, Arcadia is not leaving the MAC in the 2018-19 season. Waiting on new president to sign off on joining new conference and won't be leaving until 2019-20 season.

From what I have been told, Arcadia has the door open to the new conference. They are waiting for their a new president to make it official - because basically the interim president apparently doesn't want to make any decisions; many schools have made these kinds of decisions in similar situations. Arcadia could conceivably join as soon as next year if they really wanted. They have no punishment, financial or otherwise, from the MAC for leaving and no timeline to do it in. The more this drags out, the more likely it will be another year until Arcadia joins, but I am still in the camp that they join the new conference next season.

As for the new conference: from what I've been told, still no commissioner, name, offices, etc. Thus a lot not getting done or having to be done by many others. I was told a few months ago that one of the school's presidents told his school they were waiting for the NCAA to approve the conference before announcing it - of course that came after we announced it first (I was told they were going to announce it by the end of that week, so we got our story buttoned up). Not sure why they have to wait for the NCAA. It isn't a requirement for what is basically a rubber stamp.

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

smedindy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 19, 2017, 07:41:29 AM
gordonmann,

You don't want to come to the Green Bay area then. Everything is new up there. The NEW zoo, or Northeast Wisconsin Zoo and the N.E.W. Lutheran High, again, Northeast Wisconsin Lutheran High School.

Then there was the New Zoo Revue:

Caz Bombers

Quote from: smedindy on October 20, 2017, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on October 19, 2017, 07:41:29 AM
gordonmann,

Then there was the New Zoo Revue:

they should invite The New School Narwhals, on the short list with the Banana Slugs and Geoducks and such for best mascot in the world.

http://narwhalnation.com/gnarls-page/