D3 Soccer Coach Framed for Murder

Started by Saint of Old, July 29, 2015, 07:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corazon

Quote from: Saint of Old on July 29, 2015, 07:29:05 PM
http://www.truthfornickhillary.com/

Thanks for posting this info, Saint. This case has many parallels to the Duke Lacrosse rape hoax. Really makes you question law enforcement's motives.

Rain = Nifong

deutschfan

Very very circumstantial and a case most prosecutors without agendas wouldn't bring.  The Duke lacrosse case has a number of parallels including a prosecutor trying to make a name and no inculpatory DNA or fingerprint evidence.  The biggest difference is that in the Duke case there was substantial evidence that no crime was committed.  In Potsdam there seems to be little doubt that a crime was committed, the question is by who?  I would be surprised if the court doesn't dismiss at the close of the state's case unless there is some significantly incriminating piece of evidence that hasn't been made public.  It is a tragic case for everyone involved whatever the outcome.   

2xfaux

Other than the possibility of prosecutorial misconduct I do not see how you can compare these cases.  The Duke "boys" hired some poor women to "entertain" them.  The rape allegations proved false and all the Duke "boys" wanted was some fun humiliating women???  In the case of the coach apparently he was accused "out of thin air".  While I am glad that no one was falsely convicted of rape I was, am and will continue to be saddened that the boorish behavior of the Duke "boys" was somehow legitimized by that case. 

Corazon

Quote from: 2xfaux on July 30, 2015, 04:31:10 PM
Other than the possibility of prosecutorial misconduct I do not see how you can compare these cases.  The Duke "boys" hired some poor women to "entertain" them.  The rape allegations proved false and all the Duke "boys" wanted was some fun humiliating women???  In the case of the coach apparently he was accused "out of thin air".  While I am glad that no one was falsely convicted of rape I was, am and will continue to be saddened that the boorish behavior of the Duke "boys" was somehow legitimized by that case.

Are you serious??? You think the Duke lacrosse team somehow deserved what it got because a few kids behaved boorishly and ordered a stripper?  While an extremely poor decision which I'm sure broke team rules, it was not illegal and they suffered far more than you obviously think.  I'd suggest you look into the Duke case a little closer.  While you may think facing significant prison time for rape, looking at their education and careers ruined, causing significant financial hardships for their families, being ostracized by their school, their own professors harass them, having their beloved coach fired and their season ended (while a legit National title contender) due to a completely made up charge of rape by a pathological liar who later committed murder (Yes, look it up) might be justified because the boys behaved "boorishly", I strongly disagree.

The Duke boys were framed by the police and DA and exculpatory evidence ignored because you know, they "deserved it for being privileged and white athletes" and it served a re-election platform. 

It sure seems to me that Nick Hillary is being framed by the police and DA and exculpatory evidence ignored because you know, he "deserved it" for dating a white woman, and it also serves a re-election platform.

Seems pretty similar to me.  Like Duke, I hope Hillary is vindicated.

2xfaux

I don't think I said anyone deserved anything.  What I said was I do not see these cases as similar as you seem to and that I remain disturbed by the idea that college "men"and college "men" involved in athletics in particular...no matter their race or financial status...get a pass on (yes) boorish behavior.  Yes, Ms. Mangum was a sex worker and yes she plead guilt to second degree murder.  Perhaps, we can agree to disagree on this.  I do appreciate the negative karma from the big "boys".  It is a very convenient way to express your thoughts.   

Corazon

So you think the Duke Lacrosse team got a "pass?"

Mr.Right

Corazon--This has really hit a nerve for you. I have not read you being so passionate about something since you were commenting on the Kenyon assistant..I am chuckling just a bit

PaulNewman

The Duke case always has been incredibly polarizing. Yes, those kids were dragged through the mud and suffered some real damage as a result of the overzealous DA and extensive, prolonged media coverage.  But let's not minimize what they actually did do.  Excusing their
behavior as just routine frat-boy, white, privileged prep school partying is a little much.

Corazon

Excuse me, but I don't see how anyone can rationally deem their coach being fired and their season being terminated as somehow minimizing their behavior or giving the team a "pass". Personally, I will reserve my outrage for actual laws being broken - you know, like framing innocent people for murder and rape.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Corazon on July 31, 2015, 12:20:55 AM
Excuse me, but I don't see how anyone can rationally deem their coach being fired and their season being terminated as somehow minimizing their behavior or giving the team a "pass". Personally, I will reserve my outrage for actual laws being broken - you know, like framing innocent people for murder and rape.

At least the DA did suffer harsher punishment than the LaX team - he was disbarred and imprisoned (though, alas, for only one day - spent in solitary 'for his protection').  I suspect that Mike Nifong will rarely have a 'good day' the rest of his life - and I will not mourn that prediction.  (As of 2014, investigators are checking every prosecution Nifong ever succeeded in to check for miscarriages of justice.)

PaulNewman

Quote from: Corazon on July 31, 2015, 12:20:55 AM

Nobody said that they got a pass or that they weren't treated unfairly.  They were treated very unfairly as it turns out (and I believe compensated).  That said, not having any criminal culpability is a lot different than saying they had no culpability.  It's not like nothing happened.  If the police had never been involved many of those players still could have faced serious sanctions within the university.  There could have been suspensions and a serious threat to their glorious season (how is THAT relevant??) with NO outside police or DA involvement.  And they also still would have received massive negative media attention for their apparently "innocent" behavior.