GAMES OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY

Started by meadowdale, June 04, 2017, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meadowdale

This sounds like a great win/win for students and coaches. Do all schools take advantage of this?
I sure hope my son's team does this.

Pat Coleman

Definitely not all do. You're allowed to do it once every three years, and with it, you also get to have 10 practices in pads in the spring. "Overseas" games can definitely include Canada and Mexico.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Just Bill

Other sports do this more often than football. It's obviously easier and less expensive to transport a basketball team or a volleyball team out of the country than it is a football team.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

astro9046

Didn't Wabash go to Spain last year and play a semi pro team? How cool that had to be!
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Also, they have to fundraise and players are responsible for their own expenses basically. So a lot of time this is not a very easy thing to do. Much more popular with smaller sized sports.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: astro9046 on July 30, 2017, 11:56:58 AM
Didn't Wabash go to Spain last year and play a semi pro team? How cool that had to be!

A subset of the team (32 players) went to Spain last year.    It was their fourth trip - second to Europe - since 2003.

http://sports.wabash.edu/news/2016/5/16/football-team-headed-to-spain.aspx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ3S28Or2TA

JCUStreaks70

The best is when John Carroll and St. Norbert's played in Dublin, for the first game of the season in 2012!
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.