Press coverage (Articles about D3 players or D3 in general)

Started by K-Mack, February 12, 2007, 07:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Mack

Saw one the other day (not about Michael Allan, I assure you) and I can't remember what it was. Someone who had some kind of D3 link though. :)

Philly.com on Byron Westbrook's draft chances:

Says Salisbury has never produced an NFL player, but I guess that's only if you consider that Kyle Acker never appeared in a game. The TE from a few years ago at least made it to training camp, didn't he?

If I think of the other story, I'll post it. I think it was someone from another sport with a D3 football or basketball background.

Oh, the guy the Vikings signed (Todd Lowber) who played BBall at Ramapo.

WR prospect apparently ran a 4.11 40 once.

The link to the good PhillyBurbs article is dead, so that's all I've got.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Pat Coleman

That reads just like our notable, but without a photo and the additional info. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

PA_wesleyfan

Pat

I posted this on the Centennial Board

Maybe it's time for us to honor all those athletes who have given the ultimate with a board to post their names. Regardless of Division or Sport!

A note for those of you who follow Johns Hopkins U and the Naval Academy sports...
  Colby Umbrell who played football for Johns Hopkins in the ealry 2000's was killed in Iraq on Thursday. He was on he was from Doylestown Pa.
  Travis Manion a standout wrestler at the Naval Academy was also killed this week in Iraq and was also from Doylestown Pa.
Both were excellent athletes and particapted in multiple sports in high school. Both also were very involved in helping the children in Iraq.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-05042007-1341164.html

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-05042007-1340959.html

There are many more artciles on these two young men at  http://www.phillyburbs.com/
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

tmerton

Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on May 05, 2007, 10:07:43 AM
   Pat

I posted this on the Centennial Board

Maybe it's time for us to honor all those athletes who have given the ultimate with a board to post their names. Regardless of Division or Sport!

A note for those of you who follow Johns Hopkins U and the Naval Academy sports...
  Colby Umbrell who played football for Johns Hopkins in the ealry 2000's was killed in Iraq on Thursday. He was on he was from Doylestown Pa.
  Travis Manion a standout wrestler at the Naval Academy was also killed this week in Iraq and was also from Doylestown Pa.
Both were excellent athletes and particapted in multiple sports in high school. Both also were very involved in helping the children in Iraq.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-05042007-1341164.html

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-05042007-1340959.html

There are many more artciles on these two young men at  http://www.phillyburbs.com/

Thanks for posting those articles - and for the fine idea to honor these athletes.

Knightstalker

This Memorial Day we should all remember it is not about the parties and sales.  It is to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for their friends, family and country.  Take some time this year and attend your towns observations.  Take some time out if you are with family and friends to remember these young men and women.  If you see the men and women of the VFW and their Auxilaries giving out poppies, take one and give a small donation if you can, wear it to remember.  Look up the poem "On Flanders Fields" and you will understand the poppy.

Michael Dougherty
Sr. Vice Commander VFW Memorial Post 3776, Secaucus, NJ.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

K-Mack

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 27, 2007, 02:08:21 PM
That reads just like our notable, but without a photo and the additional info. :)

Oh, piss off.

Here's another one, about a week old and possible reading like some notable I haven't seen, but it mentions Josh Brehm's (Alma) post-draft plans. Probably some more updated reporting to be done on that, or better info to be found, but it's the offseason, this is the best I'm doing right now :)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

pg04

K-Mack

Nine D3 homies on Team USA headed to Japan:

http://www.usafootball.com/press-box/press/index.php?&id=64

Also saw how Williams, Middlebury and Amherst were up in the all-sports Sears Cup (?) rankings yesterday. Wooo NESCAC! :sarcasm:
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

K-Mack

Quote from: kirasdad on June 13, 2007, 11:44:25 AM
K-Mack got the smack down from PC.  LOL!  :D

Meh. I didn't even feel it.

Just because something was on the front page doesn't mean there can't be another article about it that people would like to read (gasp!)

I realize we kick the crap out of the rest of the world with regard to D3 coverage. Knowing that, shouldn't we be a little more secure in our place, and therefore share links to the outside world on this puny little thread that barely no one reads?

Pat has a conniption (sp?) like everytime I link to something that's already been on the site.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

K-Mack

What I'm saying is that its safe to assume that if it was newsworthy, we had it here on the site.

So this thread is specifically for articles that are not on the site, for the die-hard readers who can't get enough, regardless of whether they are breaking news or not. Next time I create a thread, I'll be sure to specify the intent clearly in the thread name.  ::)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Pat Coleman

Quote from: K-Mack on June 14, 2007, 10:07:53 PM
Quote from: kirasdad on June 13, 2007, 11:44:25 AM
K-Mack got the smack down from PC.  LOL!  :D

Meh. I didn't even feel it.

Just because something was on the front page doesn't mean there can't be another article about it that people would like to read (gasp!)

I realize we kick the crap out of the rest of the world with regard to D3 coverage. Knowing that, shouldn't we be a little more secure in our place, and therefore share links to the outside world on this puny little thread that barely no one reads?

Pat has a conniption (sp?) like everytime I link to something that's already been on the site.

I see.

I guess the definition of "news" didn't stretch to a three-week old press release that we already ran. Not so "new" in this case.

I don't think there is any reason to link off the site to something we already ran three weeks ago, even in this forum. At least if you're going to do so, recognize that we already ran this three weeks ago.

K-Mack

The New York Times is reporting that Salem has been awarded the Stagg Bowl for 2008-09.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take