MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sac

The MIAA was a difficult poll starting with the fact neither of last years co-champs were dominant forces.  I'm far more surprised a semi-finalist from last year was voted #6 with Albion than with a team returning its entire roster and two overtime losses from winning a piece of last years title being voted #1.  ( I thought Trine missed a great opportunity to win the league last year)

Important to note while voted #1, that's hardly a consensus.  I think you should think more like, "3 favorites"

KnightSlappy

Update for Thursday: Calvin's game against the Grace Christian Bible Tigers has been moved to the Hoogenboom Gym (the old gym) due to conflicts with the NCAA Volleyball tournament. I think most of the Calvin season ticket folks were notified via email and the team schedule page now reflects the change as well. Tipoff remains 7:30.

sac

sac

Madonna 108  Olivet 90 exh for Olivet, believe it counts for Madonna
https://mucrusaders.com/boxscore.aspx?id=7155&path=mbball

45!!! 3-point attempts for Olivet.   Trevor Manuel did not play.

sac

Hope is playing Lake Superior State at Alma College Thursday night, tip set for 5:30pm

Exhibition schedule:

Nov 8  Hope vs Lake Superior State @ Alma  5:30pm
Nov 8  Alma @ Spring Arbor  7pm
Nov 12  Calvin @ Davenport 7pm
Nov 13  Alma @  Saginaw Valley State 7pm

Jameswys

Quote from: sac on November 07, 2018, 09:38:58 PM

Looking on the OC website, Olivet has a 0-1 record and the # denoting exhibition play has been removed from the Madonna game. Not sure why the change, but as of Tuesday it was still listed as an exhibition.

This could also just be some sort of website glitch.
Olivet '05

Gregory Sager

Glitch or not, it's a mistake. The D3 men's basketball season officially begins today. Any game played prior to today doesn't count.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

... and long-since fixed. It's a game for Madonna and Madonna mistakenly assumed it was a game for everyone and changed it in the PrestoSports system to remove the exhibition tag. That mis-marked it on Olivet's site, the MIAA site and D3hoops.com.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: sac on November 07, 2018, 09:38:58 PM

Should we be concerned that Manuel didn't play?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

sac

I don't see links for tonight's Hope game.  If I can I'll try and tweet some updates through the game, hit the twitter link below here.

PS  I'm not good at the in game tweeting thing.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: sac on November 08, 2018, 03:59:44 PM
I don't see links for tonight's Hope game.  If I can I'll try and tweet some updates through the game, hit the twitter link below here.

What game? They don't even have one listed on their website. First one is Nov. 16 at North Park.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Jameswys

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 08, 2018, 04:04:51 PM

What game? They don't even have one listed on their website. First one is Nov. 16 at North Park.

Quote from: sac on November 07, 2018, 09:51:25 PM
Hope is playing Lake Superior State at Alma College Thursday night, tip set for 5:30pm

Exhibition schedule:

Nov 8  Hope vs Lake Superior State @ Alma  5:30pm
Nov 8  Alma @ Spring Arbor  7pm
Nov 12  Calvin @ Davenport 7pm
Nov 13  Alma @  Saginaw Valley State 7pm
Olivet '05

Winifred Durfee

Going to get a little live video going for us on Twitter?  ;D

maroonandgold

Calvin had a fairly well-played 76-62 win over a good Grace Christian team tonight.  They showed a good balance between the inside game and the outside shots with the scoring being led by Derick De Vries with 25 points.  He was especially strong on drives early in the game.  Chad Shymanski was a surprise starter at point guard as far as some of us were concerned, and he responded with 16 points on strong three  point shooting and a couple of drives with fellow guard Tony De Witt scoring 14.  The defense seemed shaky at times and will have to improve.

sac

Spring Arbor 101 Alma 89    http://www.saucougars.com/SIDHelp/fullBoxScores/16/1/5679.php
That was an exhibition for Alma, real game for SAU

Some tough news to report, Alma twitter is saying Doug Bradfield had successful knee surgery today.  That can mean anything from minor to major but it probably means the Sr. is going to miss at least a chunk of this year if not more.  Best wishes to Doug.

Edit--- Doug has posted on twitter himself that he tore his ACL and is done for the season.  Will graduate in December.

Spring Arbor 82  Albion 62

SAU website is also listing a game they won against Albion from Oct 30, also an exhibition for Albion, real one for SAU
http://www.saucougars.com/SIDHelp/fullBoxScores/16/1/5676.php

SAU is off to a 6-1 start