MBB: Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference

Started by upb88, March 04, 2005, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upb88

TimFlynn, Pitt-Bradford hasn't been totally shy about scheduling tough opponents. In fact, two years ago, they played, and beat, a ranked Division II team, Clarion, on the road. They've also played Wooster, Scranton, St. John Fisher and other top programs in recent years. Ultimately, I guess, the answer is for the AMCC to get better, from top to bottom.

upb88

Tim, no reason to stand corrected.

Does anyone have any rooting interest in the tournament now? I'm pulling for unbeaten St. John Fisher, a team in our neck of the woods (sort of). Pitt-Bradford beat them a few years ago at home and played them to the bitter end on the road at the beginning of last season (03-04). So if SJF were to win it all, it should make the idea of winning a national championship seem just a bit more attainable, not only to Pitt-Bradford but to all of the teams in the AMCC.

Thoughts?

cash$$$

truth be told, stewart-smith had the worst shot selection in the games i seen him play...kiifer b*tches to the officials constantly why wouldnt i say he is a cry baby....all you people have no idea what im talking about because you are not on the court, you sit back and preech....o and i definitely believe there are more deserving players to be honored than smith, and o yea i almost forgot, he plays GREAT defense too..HA!....o well im done with the talk on that so ill wait to read what you "critics" write in response to this 1

ballfan

Your rambling doesn't warrent any response except for 1...SOUR GRAPES  from a player apparently that didn't get his "supposive" dues...could that have hit a nerve...so that's all I have to say on that subject and we'll see what u have to say on that 1

stu23

good point, ballfan - cash $$$ must be a true benchwarmer who is just plain mad at everyone but lake erie players! again, take a look at the stats - no need to say anything else except it is obvious it is sour grapes, get over it!

stu23

by the way, cash - what are you even talking about? you obviously are talking about two games, lake erie at home, lake erie away. At home for you, Ethan had 10 pts, reggie had 14 - I'll admit that was his great game with 14 assists  but you're hung up on shooting. At Penn State Altoona, Ethan and Reggie's stats were almost identical except Ethan had 24 Reggie 23!!! Both had 3 assists. Maybe next year will be a better year for you and you won't be so angry.

cash$$$

1st off, i am a starter but i am graduating, not exactly sour, just a tad frustrated, i suppose the teams that played against altoona he must have made "smart decisions" against, however, in the 2 meetings against my squad the kid put up the worst shot selection i have ever seen, horrible passing, not to mention, the rest of his team is garbage cept for franklin who is hands down the best player in the AMCC so smith was counted on to take more shots, however most of them put up in games against my team were ridiculous, 2ndly, never have i bad mouthed richardson, who in my eyes can stroke on any given night, kid is lightning quick and plays smothering defense.....so benchwarmer? i think not

d-mac

Basketball in Division III at this time of year... is so SWEET!!!
32 teams still have a chance at two national titles... and many teams weren't expected to get this far.
Tonight, a preview of this weekend's Sweet 16 action and preparations for the Final Four... on "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville"!!!

Wooster, Wittenburg, and Illinois Wesleyan are out of the men's bracket!
So, who in the world is still left in the Men's Road to Salem?
Well... UW-Stevens Point, Amherst, and St. John Fisher.

Trinity (TX) is still alive. Most thought they would be playing IWU on Friday night, instead they face Hanover. Tonight, we will chat with Coach Pat Cunningham about his Tigers. Their road to the Final Four is going to be a tough one.

Then there is John Carrol, who defeated Wittenburg to earn their Sweet 16 berth. Coach Mike Moran seems to have his Blue Streaks team clicking on all the right cylinders, having won the OAC before their run in the NCAA's. We will chat with Coach Moran about his upcoming game against Albion... who got by on what some say is a questionable win over Wooster.

On the women's side, not too many upsets, even though DePauw and Buena Vista were eliminated on their Road to Virginia Beach.

Wesleyan continues to surprise as they took out Staten Island to earn their Sweet 16 game against Springfield. Coach Kate Mullen will join us live on the air to talk about how this season's finish isn't what the Cardinals planned on... and how they're looking to keep dancing.

George Fox will be earning a lot of frequent flyer miles this weekend. Coach Scott Rueck has his Bruins playing very good basketball and will take on St. Benedict, who upset Buena Vista. But how are the Bruins going to handle flying across the entire length of the nation for the game(s)... we will ask Coach Rueck.

And Salem is getting ready for their tenth Men's Final Four. ODAC Commissioner Brad Bankston will join us live on the air to let us know how the preparations are going. How you can get tickets! And what else you can expect and should do while in the great city of Salem (and Roanoke), Virginia.

Oh... and of course we will chat with our regional reporters - Gordon Mann will actually join us in studio. And we will certainly take your questions and comments on the air and try and cover a very busy week of basketball.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8PM - 10PM Eastern!

"http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville": only place where you can listen or chat about Division III Basketball in the nation.

Check out the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for information on how you can listen... and be a part of the show.

dballer30

I didn't see too many games but from what I've seen I really didn't think Tyler Franklin was the best player in the AMCC.  He can ball but when you go from best players like Beacom, Curren, Bowery, Ayers, etc. Franklin's really not close to them guys.  He's not up there within Altoona if you ask me.  TJ King was really good and so was Eugene Ahmad.  Franklin can play, but from what I've heard Conlon did it all, and I know for a fact that he can play.

dballer30

Just got some news that the Duke Cooper kid is a player too.  I haven't seen him play but I do know alot of players who've played against him and say he's the real deal

wilmer ehle