WBB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by David Collinge, November 23, 2004, 04:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

Congrats DePauw on the title. Excellent season and doing Indiana proud. :)
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

pbrooks3

Congratulations to Kris Huffman & the DePauw Tigers on another national championship tonight. Pearson and Walker went out on a high note for sure. I had been a doubter during the season thinking the schedule had not challenged enough, but I have been proven wrong again.
🏀🏀🏀

mark_reichert

Quote from: pbrooks3 on March 16, 2013, 08:53:07 PM
Congratulations to Kris Huffman & the DePauw Tigers on another national championship tonight. Pearson and Walker went out on a high note for sure. I had been a doubter during the season thinking the schedule had not challenged enough, but I have been proven wrong again.

Congratulations as well.  The most challenging game was in November as it has frequently been since the Tip Off Tournament started in the 1999-2000 season.  This makes two years in a row, three of the last four, four of the last seven in which a Tip Off host has been NCAA champion.  They've been a participant in the championship game in the last five and six of the last seven.

mark_reichert

Over in the women's CCIW area, this reply to a post of mine prompted me to do the research to give the info below:

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on November 25, 2013, 07:59:20 PM
I've always admired the guts of whichever team joins the IWU/WashU/DePauw tourney.  I haven't attempted to check, but I wonder how many times that team has avoided 4th place?

Three times: Illinois College,  Kalamazoo, Central (Iowa) College.   There's been 14 tournaments, one time there wasn't a 4th team, and 10 times the 4th team has gone 0-2.  IWU has gone 0-2 twice and WashU once.

1999-00 Washington University 2-0, IWU, Depauw 1-1, Beloit 0-2
2000-01 Washington University 2-0, Depauw, Illinois College 1-1, IWU 0-2
2001-02 Washington University 2-0, IWU, Depauw 1-1, Thomas More 0-2
2002-03 Washington University 2-0, IWU, Depauw 1-1, Illinois College 0-2
2003-04 Washington University 2-0, IWU, Depauw 1-1, Illinois College 0-2
2004-05 Washington University 2-0, Depauw, Kalamazoo 1-1, IWU 0-2
2005-06 Washington University 2-0, IWU, Depauw 1-1, Coe College 0-2
2006-07 IWU 2-0, Depauw, Central (Iowa) College 1-1, Washington University 0-2
2007-08 Depauw 2-0, IWU, Washington University 1-1, Olivet 0-2
2008-09 IWU 2-0, Depauw, Washington University 1-1, Central (Iowa) College  0-2     
2009-10 IWU 2-0, Depauw, Washington University 1-1, Central (Iowa) College  0-2

2010-11 IWU, Depauw, Washington University 1-1 (no fourth team, round robin)

2011-12 Depauw 2-0, IWU, Washington University 1-1, Hendrix 0-2
2012-13 Depauw 2-0, IWU, Washington University 1-1, Coe 0-2

The Bears haven't gone 2-0 since the year before Depauw won its first championship, though it was IWU that went 2-0 that year.  Also, the three teams had a history of playing each other before the tournament started.  WashU is listed as playing both at the start of the year the three years prior to the tournament and one or the other for quite a few years before that.

Illinois College is making its fourth appearance this year breaking the tie with Central (Iowa).

mark_reichert

The tournament involving WashU, IWU, and Depauw for this year starts this afternoon and is being called the Midwest Challenge.  Here is the link for Live stats and video streaming:

http://www.depauw.edu/athletics/womens/basketball/midwestchallenge/

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final week of the regular season is upon us and already teams are on the bubble hoping to qualify for the NCAA national championships and that can also mean some upsets. So tonight, we focus on the bubble and who has to get it done this week in conference tournaments. We will be talking to Ohio Wesleyan WBB coach Stacey Lobdell about their upset of #1 DePauw along with the following guests:

- Rhodes WBB coach Matt Dean
- Emory MBB coach Jason Zimmerman
- Lyndon State MBB coach Joe Krupinski
- Wheaton (MA) WBB coach Melissa Hodgdon
- UW-Stevens Point WBB coach Shirley Egner
- Baruch WBB coach Machli Joseph
- MSOE MBB coach Brian Miller

We will also feature a special #whyd3 story from York (Pa.) women's basketball you have to see.

Show starts at 7 PM EST and will run until at least 9:30 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/feb23

Don't forget you can ask us or our guests questions via social media:
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

David Collinge

DePauw and Denison lead the way in the 2015-16 preseason coaches poll. The Tigers earned 6 first-place votes from the nine coaches, with the other three opting for the Big Red. Defending conference tournament champions Wittenberg finished a distant third in the voting.http://www.northcoast.org/sports/wbkb/2015-16/releases/coachespoll

David Collinge

Wooster's off to a 2-0 start, which may not seem too exciting until you consider that they were 1-24 last season. They do, however, own Geneva, dropping them by 12 last night, 364 days after dumping the Golden Tornadoes by 16.

David Collinge

Don't look now, but the Scots are an astonishing 4-0!

jaybird44

Wash-U will host the Midwest Challenge tournament this weekend at the Fieldhouse.  Good early-season barometer matchups that will give the teams a good look at what they are doing well, and what needs improvement.

Saturday:  DePauw vs. Illinois Wesleyan, 1 pm CDT (both teams 2-1)/Wash-U (2-1) vs. Illinois College (3-0), 3:00
Sunday:  Consolation game 1:00, Championship game 3:00

The national championship pedigrees of Wash-U, DePauw, and Illinois Wesleyan are well-known, but don't sleep on Illinois College--the Lady Blues have had two winning seasons in a row and bring a bumper crop of height to the Fieldhouse--6 players at 5'11" or 6'.  3 more at 5'10".

Should be fun to watch in person, or join me at http://bearsports.wustl.edu and click on "Live Games" for your game of choice.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Despite technical problems over the last few weeks, Sunday's edition of Hoopsville has not been derailed by Mother Nature's rath! Three-feet of snow and still we will get two-hours of the show all thanks to that wonderful home studio.

Tonight, Dave McHugh talks to programs who are storming the competition right now. Whether in the midst of long winning streaks or dominating their conference, these programs are making the turn at five weeks to go in pretty good shape.

You can tune into Hoopsville tonight starting at 7:00 PM ET right here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/jan24

Guest include (in order):
- Cherise Galasso, WPI women's coach
- Gabby Lisella, No. 22 Rowan women's coach
- Kris Huffman, DePauw women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Mike McGrath, No. 12 Chicago men's coach
- Bert West, East Texas Baptist men's coast It isn't easy to coach at any level. It is a joy to coach Division III says many a coach. Some enjoy it on their way up the ladder, others on their way closer to retirement, and others as their passion.

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

And don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Alright, folks -- the NCAA's first women's basketball regional rankings are posted. Check out the full list from D3hoops.com:
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3hoops/2016/02/10/first-2016-regional-rankings-released-today/
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is already the midway point of January. In a month's time, we will be looking at conference tournaments and discussing who has a chance to make the NCAA tournaments. However, there is still a lot of basketball to be played and many teams are starting to take the turn into the second half of conference play.

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave will chat with a number of guests to get a landscape of where things are in Division III. The conversation will include checking in at the NCAA Convention where legislation will be voted on by DIII members and conferences on whether to start the season a week earlier.

Dave then talks to some of the hotter teams in the country. Two women's programs (ranked and unranked) who are leading their respective conferences and looking to build on recent success. Also two men's programs one of which is not in the spotlight as much as they traditionally are along with a program we haven't talked to in a number of years.

This week's WBCA Center Court will feature a women's coach who is doing what she can to spread the word about women's basketball including giving more of her time to make sure her colleagues are taken care of and heard.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2DmSR9D

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- James Wagner, CSAC Assistant Commissioner
- Bobby Hurley, Stevens men's coach
- Kris Huffman, No. 9 DePauw women's coach
- Polly Thomason, Texas-Dallas women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Matt Logie, No. 7 Whitworth men's coach
- Ashlee Rogers, Marymount women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh