Spring games

Started by Falconer, May 05, 2019, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truenorth

By the way Blooter, I'm an unabashed cheerleader for the Maine lifestyle.  I'm always heartened when young Mainers return to their home state...and I gotta say that the Maine economy has never been more robust than it is right now.  Welcome back!

blooter442

Quote from: truenorth on May 31, 2019, 08:21:54 AM
By the way Blooter, I'm an unabashed cheerleader for the Maine lifestyle.  I'm always heartened when young Mainers return to their home state...and I gotta say that the Maine economy has never been more robust than it is right now.  Welcome back!

Thank you, and I couldn't agree more! I loved Massachusetts and was grateful for all the fun and opportunities I had there but Maine is much less stressful — and, contrary to popular stereotype, there is plenty to do and all the major amenities you'd ever need (in the southern part of the state, at least). I was also glad to have had the experience of being in a city — I think I would always wonder "what if" had I not done it — but my new commute is 30 minutes both ways combined, in Boston it was 40 minutes one way on a good day, and the traffic pales in comparison. I am not the first "boomerang," and, based on conversations with a number of friends, sounds like I won't be the last!