Bumblin' B's

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 03, 2005, 10:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Yeah, but NJCU and Bethany both lost by MORE than 15 ... so mark TWO DOWN for the bumblers. <BR> <BR>Maryville could usually compete straight up in pool C, but MOST of the pool Bs have been pretty pathetic over the years. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by cabonney on March 3, 2005)

WooScotsFan

Good win for Maryville tonight but the other two "B's" stumbled badly tonight.

John Carroll crushed Bethany by a 76-48 score and Virginia Wesleyan dominated New Jersey City by a 76-57 count.

WooScotsFan

Cabonney -- you beat my post by seconds! http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" border=0>

Mr. Ypsi

WSF,

I'm CONSTANTLY losing out to others by a hair - great that I FINALLY got in the first post!

scottiedoug

If some of y'all could find a couple of good teams and schools to join the Great South conference so Maryville can qualify some other way, we can go ahead and do away with Pool B!

Gregory Sager

Scottiedoug, I think that most years Maryville is good enough to earn an at-large bid even if there was no Pool B.

I honestly don't think that most people consider Maryville to be a part of the Bumblin' B fraternity in anything other than a procedural sense. Scots fans such as yourself should therefore not take all the Posting Up razzing about Pool B's perennial ineptitude to heart.

Pat Coleman

For what it's worth, NJCU was down by 6-10 most of the second half. The game got away from them in the final two minutes. They were competitive.

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Good broadcast last night Pat, you and Ira did a nice job.  Abe Williams missing was part of the difference, but injuries happen and you have to deal with them.  I feel sorry for Abe missing out on playing in an NCAA tournament game; you never know when you will get another.  If the was played in Jersey City it could have been different.  I read quotes by both Mark Washington and Coach Brown, the Knights were just outplayed, VWC deserved to win.  Good luck to them, and thankfully NJCU is back in the NJAC next season.

scottiedoug

Gregory Sager:  Thanks.  I have gotten over taking offense.  There is no reason I can think of why there could not be several competitive teams in and from Pool B, and there may have been this year.  I would trust Pat about NJCU and who knows about Lincoln.

It would be helpful if Maryville were to go deep.  I think they have been competitive in the tournament lately even in losing on the road (to Hanover and John Carroll), but we really need to beat some of the teams generally thought to be top tier.  That would mean beating Mississippi College Saturday and then beating someone else!  If the Scots play as well as they did last night, such is possible.

Gregory Sager

Pat, I didn't really think of NJCU as Bumblin' B material, either. I simply thought of them all season as an NJAC team on a sabbatical. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Lincoln was a hot or cold team like NJCU, when they were on they could play with anyone in the country when they weren't they had a hard time with mediocre teams.  Lincoln needs to align themselves with a decent conference and they will be alright, good core of players but need consistent competition to take the next step.

scotswin

How did Lincoln do in that other tournament?

Mr. Ypsi

Lost in the first round.

Ira Thor, NJCU SID

Thanks Mike. Broadcasting a game with Pat was a once in a lifetime experience http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

scottiedoug

Well I guess I'll be chattin' with y'all again next year, when once again Maryville will be contending for a B spot.  Maybe next year we can go deeper.  Mississippi College is a handful!!