FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldandBlueBU and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr. Ypsi

The dialect quiz got me pretty well: northern Illinois/Michigan.  I grew up in central Illinois (Peoria), and have lived in southeast Michigan (Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti) for over 2/3rds of my life.  (Though I speak fluent Maine: on a couple of questions I was very tempted to give my Maine response (e.g., rotary or Italian), but few people here would know what the hell I was talking about! ;D)

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

sowilson

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 20, 2017, 10:49:51 PM
The dialect quiz got me pretty well: northern Illinois/Michigan.  I grew up in central Illinois (Peoria), and have lived in southeast Michigan (Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti) for over 2/3rds of my life.  (Though I speak fluent Maine: on a couple of questions I was very tempted to give my Maine response (e.g., rotary or Italian), but few people here would know what the hell I was talking about! ;D)
Go Huron's

sjujohnnie

The countdown 'til kickoff is on! Although I'm anxiously counting down for the next game as soon as the clock ends. St John's could use a game where they just roll after the sloppy conditions (& ball handling) last weekend against Carleton in Northfield. Hoping they can go into the bye on a very high note!

Tom Thumb

Anyone know what happened to Gustavus QB Veldman? Gustavus is a different team without him. He's had a rough time with injuries his first two seasons.

57Johnnie

Quote from: sjujohnnie on October 21, 2017, 12:19:54 PM
The countdown 'til kickoff is on! Although I'm anxiously counting down for the next game as soon as the clock ends. St John's could use a game where they just roll after the sloppy conditions (& ball handling) last weekend against Carleton in Northfield. Hoping they can go into the bye on a very high note!
Gustavus was the real football powerhouse of the MIAC when I was in school. Hamline in basketball and Duluth in hockey. Showing my age again.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

PurpleReign

Hamline with -1 yards rushing and 5 first downs for the game. Where have we seen these type of stats before? I guess I wouldn't gage this game as to where the Tommies stack against the best in the nation.  Unfortunately Herzog was hurt for the Tom vs. Con game and would have provided us with our only test this year in the MIAC.

faunch

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 21, 2017, 05:16:50 PM
Hamline with -1 yards rushing and 5 first downs for the game. Where have we seen thise type of stats before? I guess I wouldn't gage this game as to where the Tommies stack against the best in the nation.  Unfortunately Herzog was hurt for the Tom vs. Con game and would have provided us with our only test this year in the MIAC.

Probably a good idea then to onside kick in the 2nd qtr up 50-0 then?  ???

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

PurpleReign

Quote from: faunch on October 21, 2017, 05:52:14 PM
Hamline with -1 yards rushing and 5 first downs for the game. Where have we seen thise type of stats before? I guess I wouldn't gage this game as to where the Tommies stack against the best in the nation.  Unfortunately Herzog was hurt for the Tom vs. Con game and would have provided us with our only test this year in the MIAC.

Probably a good idea to onside kick in the 2nd qtr up 50-0 then?  ???

Hey, Saint Glen has to do something to provide you Johnny's with some outrage.  Let's call this one Onside-Kick Gate, and I look forward to seeing you hand wringers debate this one.  On a lighter note, I do respect your healthy obsession with the Tommies.

bennie

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 21, 2017, 06:20:57 PM
On a lighter note, I do respect your healthy obsession with the Tommies.
From the guy who constantly brings up the Johnnies... ::)
High sticking, tripping, slashing, spearing, charging, hooking, fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, interference, roughing... everything else is just figure skating.  ~Author Unknown

jamtod

I was only listening on the radio but I gather that it wasn't an onside kick. It was a line drive kick that a Hamline player tried to field and it bounced off of him. But don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative please.

sowilson

Quote from: Tom Thumb on October 21, 2017, 12:47:10 PM
Anyone know what happened to Gustavus QB Veldman? Gustavus is a different team without him. He's had a rough time with injuries his first two seasons.
Injured non-throwing hand in the Concordia game, probably out for the season

Mr.MIAC

The Tommies showed real class today. The score was so lopsided at the half it became painful to watch. However, instead of running up the score to near triple-digits, the Tommies took the high road, burned the clock, and thereby showed real sportsmanship. Congratulations to our fine young gentlemen...you did us proud.

faunch

Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 21, 2017, 06:58:49 PM

I was only listening on the radio but I gather that it wasn't an onside kick. It was a line drive kick that a Hamline player tried to field and it bounced off of him. But don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative please.

Then why did the TommieMedia tweet that it was an onside kick???#alternativefacts?

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

USTBench

Quote from: faunch on October 21, 2017, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on October 21, 2017, 06:58:49 PM

Then why did the TommieMedia tweet that it was an onside kick???#alternativefacts?

Because the kids on Tommie Media know absolutely nothing about football.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions