MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AppletonRocks

My prediction is North Central 81, Illinois Wesleyan 69. 

Jordan Nelson will not play.
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

D-3 watcher

I believe Mr. Nelson will play. Iwu needs him to play like we have seen in the past.
I do think that this be be a difficult game to win, with or without him. IWU non conference
schedule wasn't filled with a lot of power programs. All that is going to change very quick.
Bigger game for the home team, but all games are big now. With 3 losses already, and I think
at least 3 or 4 more during the rugged conference season, pool C bids might be wishful thinking.
Long way to go, it will be fun, always is.

AndOne

I believe Watcher is correct, and that Mr. Nelson will indeed play. It is difficult to imagine him not doing so in a game this important.

This will be a game in which every player needs to play tough every minute they are on the floor. Not doing so will only help insure their team comes out on the losing end. Also, tough will not be enough. Which team can combine that toughness with smart play will have a definite advantage. The mental aspect of the game can tip the balance in key situations.

From a statistical standpont, I think two of the most important areas will be rebounding and turnovers. I believe the team having the higher number at the bottom of the rebound column and the lower number at the bottom of the TO column will very likely be tonight's winner. JMO.

petemcb

Sight seen at Faganel in Elmhurst this afternoon: Assistant Coach Tyler Peters (in a coach-type suit) "stealing signs" from John Baines.

AndOne

Quote from: petemcb on January 03, 2015, 05:22:10 PM
Sight seen at Faganel in Elmhurst this afternoon: Assistant Coach Tyler Peters (in a coach-type suit) "stealing signs" from John Baines.

I thought good Christians weren't supposed to steal.  :o

iwu70

AO, at IWU were just Methodists, not Christians, so we'd be happy "to steal" a win at NCC tonight. :)

IWU women up 29-23 at the half, handling "the system" pretty well so far.  Long way to go against all those trey attempts.

The men's game should be a real bruiser.  I'd expect Nelson to play some.

IWU70

Titan Q

Final from Elmhurst...

Elmhurst 83
Wheaton 75

The Bluejays hold serve.

kenoshamark

Carthage gets destroyed at home, 73 to 42.  About as pathetic of an offensive display as I may have ever witnessed since I've followed them.  One player in double figures (11), out rebounded 40 - 24 (not surprising the amount of rebounds considering Carthage shot 34% from the field and 17% from behind the ark).

No Reese Herth today so not sure what the reason was (didn't see him on the bench either).  Over a 10 minute stretch in the second half, Augie went on a 25 to 1 run.  Augie has too much size, depth and talent for Carthage to compete. 

kenoshamark

Well, guess I should have waited to post until I read the press release about the game.  According to the website, Reese Herth has left the team. 

tjcummingsfan

Gotberg

Quote from: tjcummingsfan on January 03, 2015, 08:50:23 PM
No Jordan Robinson again?  Any word?

Not sure, but NPU is a different team without him - probably 15-20 pt swing.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

Mr. Ypsi

NCC 78, IWU 72, FINAL.

After 30 minutes neither team had ever led by more than 4.  NCC went on a surge, and was up 11 with 4 to go.  The Titans clawed back to trail by only 2 with a minute left.  But the Cards went 6-6 from the line to ice the game.

WAY to much Jack Burchett tonite - he finished with 25.

iwu70

Yes, a tough loss for the Titans, after scratching back close.  NCC holds court, protects home court, in a very tough, well-fought game.  Nelson and Seibring played well for IWU, Burchett a montster 25 for NCC.

I don't normally complain about the zebras but the blocking foul on Seibring, as Burchett charged right into him, with .33 seconds to go, well, it was just appalling.  It came at a crucial time when the TITANS were within one possession.  Truly appalling.

Well, there you go, we expect tough close games like this.  Good to see Nelson back, hitting some threes.  Titans will have to be tougher in the paint going forward. 

Titans now 8-4, likely to drop out of the top 20 or so.  CCIW race is going to be a real wrestling match.  Tough games every night.

IWU70

toooldtohoop

Hats off to Elmhurst tonight.  They played what seemed like a mistake-free second half to hold the Thunder at bay.

Now on to home games against IWU and NCC!  Tough week, but then everybody has a tough schedule now!

Gregory Sager

Millikin 77
North Park 67

Juwan Henry: 29 pts, 7 rebs, 4:2 a:to
Colin Lake: 10 pts, 4 stls

T.J. Sims: 17 pts, 7 rebs
Nick Novak: 11 pts
T.J. Griffin: 10 pts
Jacob Kueker: 10 pts
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell