WBB: Colonial States Athletic Conference

Started by Cavs Will Shock You, June 27, 2004, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC HOOPS

Lefty I figured I wouldn't make him wait a year for his answer. It should be a great game, GMC has won 18 straight and can't wait to prove to everyone that they deserve to be ranked in the TOP 25, it's a JOKE that they aren't. But goodluck to you guys, I hope you enjoy your last game. The winner of our game gets NYU, are they that good???

gobombers15

Quote from: TC HOOPS on February 26, 2007, 04:41:05 PM
Lefty I figured I wouldn't make him wait a year for his answer. It should be a great game, GMC has won 18 straight and can't wait to prove to everyone that they deserve to be ranked in the TOP 25, it's a JOKE that they aren't. But goodluck to you guys, I hope you enjoy your last game. The winner of our game gets NYU, are they that good???

Bombers are playing great ball right now, beating a very good, top-seeded Elmira team in Elmira's home gym for the E8 title. IC is far better than their 16-11 record may suggest. The Bombers were 3-8 at one point and have closed the season with a 13-3 stretch. Also, unlike GMC, Ithaca played extremely tough competition outside of its conference. Included in their 11 losses were losses by 5 points to Cortland (25-2 record in a better conference than GMC's), a 4-point loss to tourney-bound St. Lawrence, and a loss to nationally-ranked Rochester by 11, in a game in which Ithaca had a 7-point lead late in the first half. In addition, one of those losses was to D1 Cornell. Further, in those four aforementioned games, Erika Steele played, 12, 18, 11, 21 minutes, respectively. Let's just say that shortly thereafter Ithaca realized what they had in Steele. To that end, she's been the conference's top player over the last month and is putting up numbers that are absolutely obscene, of late (averaged 20.5 ppg and 18.5 rpg in the E8 Tourney). It's no wonder that IC's late winning streak coincided with Steele seeing more time on the floor.

Also, when I look at the two teams' schedules, there is just one common opponent: Nazareth. GMC beat Naz at home, 70-60. Ithaca beat Naz twice, 80-66 in Ithaca and 75-66 on Naz's home floor. Furthermore, GMC's loss against Geneseo is rather unimpressive. Geneseo came in fifth place in the SUNYAC and finished at a mediocre 14-12. Forgive me for not being horribly intimidated by a ten-point win against our conference's SEVENTH best team (3-11 conference record) or a four-point loss to a very average Geneseo squad.

I truly think this game is going to very tight. It would NOT be an upset if Ithaca wins this game.
A 2004 graduate of the "almighty legendary" Ithaca College. Goooooo Bombers.

lefty2

Wow, the PAC room is hopping.

The All-PAC team has been announced.

Player of the Year: Lauren Fortna, Alvernia College
Rookie of the Year: Brittany Whetts, Neumann College
Coach of the Year: Keith Mondillo, Gwynedd-Mercy College

All-PAC Women's Basketball First Team:
Lauren Fortna, Alvernia College
Karen Tierney, Gwynedd-Mercy College
Dominique Murray, Immaculata University
Ericka Morrison, College Misericordia
Katie Linder, Rosemont College

All-PAC Women's Basketball Second Team:
Kerry Higgs, Alvernia College
Ashley Vandiver, Gwynedd-Mercy College
Meg Legere, Immaculata University
Amy Hughes, College Misericordia
Brittany Whetts, Neumann College

All-PAC Women's Basketball Honorable Mention:
Katie Lynch, Arcadia University
Kate Ryan, Cabrini College
Raya Shores, Eastern University
Jackie Dougherty, Gwynedd-Mercy College
Amanda Lass, Marywood University
Cecelia Saunders, Rosemont College

Push the Rock Sportsmanship Awards
Alvernia College: Erin Knarr
Arcadia University: Stephanie Bates
Cabrini College: Nikki Duggan
Cedar Crest College: Courtney Thomas
Eastern University: Jeriah Garton
Gwynedd-Mercy College: Michelle Sgrillo
Immaculata University: Nina Cammarano
Marywood University: Amy Hand
College Misericordia: Lacey DeGraw
Neumann College: Caitlin Agnew
Rosemont College: Jen Wood
Wesley College: Annette Nacrelli
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

TC HOOPS

I would have to say that's a JOKE that GMC get's one girl on First team, one on 2nd team and one on honorable mention. Their starters might play an average of 15 minutes a game against PAC teams because they blew almost everyone out with a 28 point scoring margin. They were 18-0 in the PAC with 2 games won by less then double digits. And if I was Cabrini I would be just as upset, one girl makes honorable mention? Crazy. Coaches do some research instead of voting for the leading scorers because they play 38 minutes a game because thier teams stink. How can you leave Kristy Cramp of GMC off? The best 3 point shooter in the league and Michelle Sgrillo the leading rebounder for the UNDEFEATED PAC champs. It's a JOKE. At LEAST you got the coach of the year right. I don't know why I just wrote that no one will probably read it till next year when GMC runs the table AGAIN!!!

lefty2

Misericordia has accepted an invitation to join the MAC beginning with 2008-09.

http://www.misericordia.edu/athletics/
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

heatlee

Immaculata's 1972 womens championship is being made into a movie.  For more info go to http://www.quakermedia.com/Press/PressRelease.html

kate

Major congratulations to the Alvernia team for winning last night over GMC!  It's much more fun in any league when the top team gets knocked off once in awhile - better competition all the way around.  i say that, but Alvernia will be moving to the MAC Freedom in the 08-09 b'ball season, so yikes, the Aggies will be looking forward to playing you :)!

lefty2

Kate,

Are you lost?

You seem to have a special dislike for Gwynedd-Mercy.

Is it just my imagination?

kate

Lefty, of course it is, your imagination, i mean :), - it is better for any league to not have a particular team, who for whatever reason just runs roughshod over all the over league teams.  As hard as it is sometimes for myself being the No. 1 Aggie fan, it's better for the players & the league to have some genuine competition.  Ya just never know on any given night in the MAC - anything can happen, as it's been shown ALL season (darn it anyway :))!

Pat Coleman

Ahh, nice to have a reason to come back to this board and read the remnants of TC HOOPS's rantings. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WolfPAC

Quote from: kate on February 08, 2008, 03:22:02 PM
Lefty, of course it is, your imagination, i mean :), - it is better for any league to not have a particular team, who for whatever reason just runs roughshod over all the over league teams.  As hard as it is sometimes for myself being the No. 1 Aggie fan, it's better for the players & the league to have some genuine competition.  Ya just never know on any given night in the MAC - anything can happen, as it's been shown ALL season (darn it anyway :))!

Kate, I hear ya.

Just ashame how good B. Morgan has those Cabrini women playing but they cannot beat GMC under any circumstance.  They can beat the Vern but can't drive on the GMC girls.   What else do they have to do?

Chris Panter, GMC SID

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 08, 2008, 03:46:33 PM
Ahh, nice to have a reason to come back to this board and read the remnants of TC HOOPS's rantings. :)

*bites lip*
Ham sandwich, baby

Flyer

Quote from: WolfPAC on February 10, 2008, 08:44:57 PM
Quote from: kate on February 08, 2008, 03:22:02 PM

Kate, I hear ya.

Just ashame how good B. Morgan has those Cabrini women playing but they cannot beat GMC under any circumstance.  They can beat the Vern but can't drive on the GMC girls.   What else do they have to do?

I think Cabrini can beat GMC this year.  But first they have to get it in their heads and hearts.  They had them down for awhile this year.  The day is coming.

mailsy

Any thoughts on the womens matchups tonight? 
Can Alvernia beat GMC again tonight at Gwynedd?
Will the Lady Cavs avenge their loss on the road to Miseri at The Dixon center tonight?
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Flyer

Quote from: mailsy on February 27, 2008, 11:46:22 AM
Any thoughts on the womens matchups tonight? 
Can Alvernia beat GMC again tonight at Gwynedd?
Will the Lady Cavs avenge their loss on the road to Miseri at The Dixon center tonight?

What a finish for the Lady Cavs..... Deanna DiAmico hit a long 3 from the top of the key with less than 3 seconds for a buzzer beater which tied the game.  Then it was all defense for the Cavs and they won in overtime on some long 2's and foul shots.

Saturday game at GMC who defeated Alvernia.......... TBD  but the Lady Cavs have not been able to overcome GMC and their nasty point gaurd #11 until recently.  Should be a great match-up but who knows what the outcome will be....

See you there Mailsy.  It was good to see all the men's basketball team and coaches supporting the Lady Cavs.