MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

Quote from: Gregory Sager on November 05, 2018, 10:57:19 PM
Quote from: AndOne on November 05, 2018, 10:05:31 PM
North Central will hit the Eisenhower Expressway tomorrow afternoon to join the multitudes for the rush hour(s) crawl into Chicago.

At that time of day on the Ike, rush-hour traffic is far, far worse leaving the city, as opposed to entering it. The Cardinals are traveling opposite the suburban commuter flow.

You're correct, but having made that drive many times, it isn't exactly an open road going in the other direction.

USee

I'd take the Stevenson myself.  Ike is a nightmare both directions

WUPHF

How about I-55 East to I-294 South to Eastbound 95th to I-94 North?

How about a report from that scrimmage?

AndOne

Quote from: WUPHF on November 06, 2018, 11:58:52 PM
How about I-55 East to I-294 South to Eastbound 95th to I-94 North?

How about a report from that scrimmage?

U of Chicago won the first half by 3
NCC won the 2nd half by 6
NCC won the 3rd/JV half by 2

NCC started Raridon, Chang, Cappelletti, Meredith, and Bronec. Primary subs were Koth, Pollock, J. Clausil, W. Clausil, Jones, and Smietanski. The same players played almost the entire first 2 halves.

Karras, Laravie, and Jacobsen played well for UC.

If any stats were kept, I was not made privy to them.

AndOne

badgerwarhawk

The WARHAWKS scrimmaged Elmhurst last night winning the first half by 20+ and the second by 8.  The two teams tied in the third stanza and Elmhurst won a fourth played with a running clock by a point sinking a three point basket with 1.1 seconds remaining. 

Elmhurst wasn't that impressive.  If the CCIW is what it usually is I see them as a .500 team.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

mwunder

Quote from: AndOne on November 07, 2018, 03:44:26 AM

Where is 17.8 PPG scorer Jordan Thomas who led CC in both 3 pointers and FTs made?  ???

Excellent question.

Carthage returning players that contributed significantly last season:

Baltimore     18 PPG / 30 MPG
Perry            10 PPG / 23 MPG
Johnson        4 PPG / 17 MPG

That's it folks...

Lots of opportunity for someone to make an impact this season.

kenoshamark

AndOne,

Even though Thomas was listed as a junior on the roster, he was part of the senior night proceedings last year.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: mwunder on November 07, 2018, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: kenoshamark on November 06, 2018, 08:28:25 PM
Carthage roster is now up

https://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball

And just 7 hours after my post.  Coincidence?? ;D ;D

Probably.

Had a couple of thoughts on this that I never got written down ...

First off, please remember things are starting a week earlier in terms of a season than they ever have. This means the timeline on a lot of things has been truncated even for coaches. Also, SIDs can't always post things if their coaches haven't given it to them. This would have been released ten days before the season start had this been last year's schedule. I don't think people would have complained as much.

Second ... back to that coach thing. Many like to blame SIDs about information not being posted. Did anyone think that maybe the coach isn't giving them the information? Or begging for that information not to be posted until X date? There is more going on behind the scenes than just the guy responsible for ultimately posting these things to the web for our enjoyment. Ultimately, it means nothing as long as the roster is in to the stats system for the first game.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Excellent points, Dave.

Quote from: kenoshamark on November 07, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
AndOne,

Even though Thomas was listed as a junior on the roster, he was part of the senior night proceedings last year.

Jordan Thomas is gone, but I see that the Red Men have a freshman named Michael Thomas. He's at least the third player in CCIW history to bear that name -- which I, at least, find interesting. He's also the second one to play for Bosko. If this Michael Thomas is even half as good as the Michael Thomas who played for Bosko at North Park, then the Carthage coaching staff must be thrilled to pieces to have landed him.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Quote from: kenoshamark on November 07, 2018, 12:24:51 PM
AndOne,

Thanks, Mark!  :)

AndOne

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 07, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: mwunder on November 07, 2018, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: kenoshamark on November 06, 2018, 08:28:25 PM
Carthage roster is now up

https://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball

And just 7 hours after my post.  Coincidence?? ;D ;D

Probably.

Had a couple of thoughts on this that I never got written down ...

First off, please remember things are starting a week earlier in terms of a season than they ever have. This means the timeline on a lot of things has been truncated even for coaches. Also, SIDs can't always post things if their coaches haven't given it to them. This would have been released ten days before the season start had this been last year's schedule. I don't think people would have complained as much.

Second ... back to that coach thing. Many like to blame SIDs about information not being posted. Did anyone think that maybe the coach isn't giving them the information? Or begging for that information not to be posted until X date? There is more going on behind the scenes than just the guy responsible for ultimately posting these things to the web for our enjoyment. Ultimately, it means nothing as long as the roster is in to the stats system for the first game.

Excellent point Dave.
And here is an illustration of a situation that fits Dave's explanation perfectly.......

Let's say a team has 16 varsity uniforms. However, they have almost twice that many guys out for the team. Someone who barely knows the difference between a 🏀 and a 🏈 could probably tell you who 10 or 11 of those uniforms are going to go to. However, there is a fierce degree of competition going on between as many as 15 players for those last five or six varsity, as opposed to JV, spots. The coach(es) are going to take as long of a look as possible at those 15 players before making a final decision on who will comprise the respective varsity and JV rosters. A decision will probably be made pretty soon but, if the team is still 10 days from it's first game, there really hasn't been any pressing need to make that final determination yet. The staff is wisely using all the time it has to analyze and evaluate performance, both in practice and scrimmages, before posting the final roster lists. Until those final decisions are made the coach naturally can't give the list to the SID to post on the school's 🏀 web site. And, you can bet your bottom dollar he isn't concerned with anybody else's time table but his own. 😏

AndOne

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Not to beat a dead horse (cue GIF, Sager) ... but the other thing we have to keep in mind is SIDs are now dealing with basketball in the middle of conference tournaments for the fall sports and NCAA tournaments starting. They usually had time to worry about basketball a little later (similar to the season starting earlier has thrown all of us off) ... now they are trying to button things up while six sports are playing for conference titles.

I really think this earlier start date was completely mis-guided in terms of Nov. 8 - but that's a different topic for another time. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.