MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndOne

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 07, 2018, 09:44:57 PM
Not to beat a dead horse (cue GIF, Sager) ... but the other thing we have to keep in mind is SIDs are now dealing with basketball in the middle of conference tournaments for the fall sports and NCAA tournaments starting. They usually had time to worry about basketball a little later (similar to the season starting earlier has thrown all of us off) ... now they are trying to button things up while six sports are playing for conference titles.

I really think this earlier start date was completely mis-guided in terms of Nov. 8 - but that's a different topic for another time. :)

Seems like thats one of the reasons something called an Assistant AD was invented.  ;)

Your check from CoSIDA is in the mail.  :)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AndOne on November 07, 2018, 09:59:14 PM
Not to beat a dead horse (cue GIF, Sager) ... but the other thing we have to keep in mind is SIDs are now dealing with basketball in the middle of conference tournaments for the fall sports and NCAA tournaments starting. They usually had time to worry about basketball a little later (similar to the season starting earlier has thrown all of us off) ... now they are trying to button things up while six sports are playing for conference titles.

I really think this earlier start date was completely mis-guided in terms of Nov. 8 - but that's a different topic for another time. :)

Seems like thats one of the reasons something called an Assistant AD was invented.  ;)

Not sure if perhaps you mean an assistant SID, but either way, it would certainly be nice if all Division III schools had one full-time SID first, before we get to looking for a second person.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lmitzel

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 07, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

Not sure if perhaps you mean an assistant SID, but either way, it would certainly be nice if all Division III schools had one full-time SID first, before we get to looking for a second person.

Well, and we at North Central are kind of spoiled with not only an outstanding SID, but also an outstanding assistant SID... and then add to that three GA's and an undergrad assistant as well.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 07, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

Yep. I sure did mean ass't SID, not AD. No idea how I screwed that one up. 🤒

AndOne

It seems that Miles Curry, a junior forward who was expected to start at the 4 spot for IWU this season, has suddenly left the team. While not known for his shooting, and not expected to be one of the Green Team's top scorers, Curry was expected to be a major force on the boards, helping fill the rebounding void created by the graduation of Jaylen Beasley. His departure could prove to be a major loss.
He has been removed from the IWU roster.

mwunder

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 07, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
Quote from: mwunder on November 07, 2018, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: kenoshamark on November 06, 2018, 08:28:25 PM
Carthage roster is now up

https://athletics.carthage.edu/roster.aspx?path=mbball

And just 7 hours after my post.  Coincidence?? ;D ;D

Probably.

Had a couple of thoughts on this that I never got written down ...

First off, please remember things are starting a week earlier in terms of a season than they ever have. This means the timeline on a lot of things has been truncated even for coaches. Also, SIDs can't always post things if their coaches haven't given it to them. This would have been released ten days before the season start had this been last year's schedule. I don't think people would have complained as much.

Second ... back to that coach thing. Many like to blame SIDs about information not being posted. Did anyone think that maybe the coach isn't giving them the information? Or begging for that information not to be posted until X date? There is more going on behind the scenes than just the guy responsible for ultimately posting these things to the web for our enjoyment. Ultimately, it means nothing as long as the roster is in to the stats system for the first game.

I won't argue/debate that anything you said here COULD be a possibility for the tardy arrival of the Carthage roster to it's website.  Hell, there could be 15 MILLION reasons for that...and all of them could be valid.

The page still isn't complete, but I've come to expect that sort of lackadaisical effort.

Red and black

10 freshmen on the much anticipated Carthage roster.  Looks like a decent class coming in. 

Was Carthage the last school to have their roster up?

iwu70

Curry would be a major loss for the Titans.  He was slotted in to start.  If he's out, and it seems he is, likely Baker or Bair into the starting line-up at the 4.  Perhaps Titans go to more wings, a smaller quicker line-up. 

Major loss.

IWU'70

kiko

Quote from: Red and black on November 08, 2018, 07:30:04 PM
10 freshmen on the much anticipated Carthage roster.  Looks like a decent class coming in. 

Was Carthage the last school to have their roster up?

North Central's is not up yet.  Can't speak to other schools.

AndOne

North Central's roster is not up yet because the coaches have yet to determine which 16 players will comprise the 2018-2019 varsity team. Unlike some schools where everyone is issued a jersey, North Central limits the varsity to 16 players. However, 28 players reported to the opening practice on 10/15. The staff is still evaluating the players based on the practices and scrimmages against Olivet Nazarene, and U of Chicago. As the first game isn't until 11/17, there has been no need to rush to make a final decision.
While the first 10-11 sports are fairly transparent, there is intense competition for the last 5-6 varsity spots. Once a final decision has been made, the Cards should field a JV team of about 8-10 players.

kenoshamark

Carthage preview was in the K-News today.  Typical coach speak for the most part.  Bosko feels they are flying under the radar as no one knows what they really have in the building.  Talks about the significant transfers and great additions in the freshman class. 

Of the transfers, points out Kedrowski (very good offensive player), Laketa also being a good offensive player with great range from outside of the arc and Cook being an explosive, dynamic guard (out with an injury and expected back at practice next week). 

The only starters mentioned are Mike Canady (the only senior on the roster) at the point and Baltimore.   

As far as returners he mentions a few, but Brad Perry was not mentioned at all.  He is on the roster, so not sure what to take from that.

mwunder

Quote from: kenoshamark on November 09, 2018, 12:34:12 PM
Carthage preview was in the K-News today.  Typical coach speak for the most part.  Bosko feels they are flying under the radar as no one knows what they really have in the building.  Talks about the significant transfers and great additions in the freshman class. 

Of the transfers, points out Kedrowski (very good offensive player), Laketa also being a good offensive player with great range from outside of the arc and Cook being an explosive, dynamic guard (out with an injury and expected back at practice next week). 

The only starters mentioned are Mike Canady (the only senior on the roster) at the point and Baltimore.   

As far as returners he mentions a few, but Brad Perry was not mentioned at all.  He is on the roster, so not sure what to take from that.

Just read the article...the Perry non-mention is a great catch KMark.  I wonder how that plays out this season...I know he disappears at times during games, but geesh, I hope they haven't given up on the big guy.  He gets easy buckets when he gets it down low.

AndOne

Quote from: mwunder on November 09, 2018, 01:44:33 PM
Quote from: kenoshamark on November 09, 2018, 12:34:12 PM

Just read the article...the Perry non-mention is a great catch KMark.  I wonder how that plays out this season...I know he disappears at times during games, but geesh, I hope they haven't given up on the big guy.  He gets easy buckets when he gets it down low.

File under.........We'll know soon enough

Yesterday I advised kenoshamark about a rumor that I and a couple of associates have heard recently regarding Brad Perry.
That being that he has sustained a knee injury and is going to be out for an unspecified but possibly extended length of time. Kenoshamark evidently did a little investigating and found the preview article referenced above, which was just posted yesterday.
As indicated, there is no mention of Perry whatsoever which is more than a bit odd as he is certainly a player that you would have projected would start for Carthage this season, or be a major player at the least. Perhaps the non mention by Bosko, and the fact he is still listed on the roster signifies he will be out initially, but is expected back at some point this season. As Carthage begins their season tonight at Lake Forest, I guess we'll find out soon enough. 🏀

HAMBO

Millikin just opened up the season with a victory over Dubuque.  Do any of you know anything about Dubuque because I do not?

HAMBO

Yes I know it is in Iowa ... I was requesting info about basketball talent.