MBB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 22, 2005, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Ralph Turner

We had an interesting discussion about seeding, hosting and bracketing on the Top 25 message board.

I have "quoted" this post from Dave McHugh for general consideration. 

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 20, 2018, 02:05:25 PM
Schreiner would have been the solution. CMS didn't do anything to the bracket to force anything because a California school was coming out no matter what the equation.

It appears that even Schreiner (15-12) would have been favorably considered as a host site for the first week of playoffs because of "geographical  proximity".

SRSU and LeTU could have bussed to Schreiner and the committee could have flown Whitworth out of Washington and into a separate bracket away from conference-mate Whitman.

Ron Boerger

Nice incoming class for Trinity ... with only 3 losses to graduation it will be a challenge to find playing time, but a nice problem to have.   In reverse Twitter order:

• AJ Clark - 6'3" G San Atonio C T Johnson
  • Grant Reed - 6'2" G Cape Fear Academy, Wilmington NC
  • David Nickell - 6'8" F Humble Atascocita
  • John-Anthony Di Tulli - 6'2" G Gmunden AUSTRIA
  • Drew Conya - 6'9" P Fort Bend Austin
  • Mason Roberts - 6'8" F Kerrville Tivy
  • Luke Steward - 5'10" G Lubbock All-Saints Episcopal
  • Ayden Smith - 6'7" F Aledo
  • Ben Hanley - 6'3" G Flower Mound
  • Jordan Lippman - 6'3" G Round Rock
  • Jack Williams - 6'5" F The Woodlands
  • Carter Laramore - 6'5" F Seminole
  • Ben Cadady - 6'2" G Lake Forest Academy IL

guest323

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: guest323 on November 08, 2018, 01:12:28 AM
Looks like University of Dallas lost the national ROY (Spencer Levi)
https://uncpbraves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7008

They did - thus we didn't consider him for preseason All-America either.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 08, 2018, 04:07:34 PM
Quote from: guest323 on November 08, 2018, 01:12:28 AM
Looks like University of Dallas lost the national ROY (Spencer Levi)
https://uncpbraves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7008

They did - thus we didn't consider him for preseason All-America either.

Yeah, I was surprised about that when I didn't see him on the Preseason AA. I guess I didn't put two and two together.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ron Boerger

He was surely a one-man wrecking crew at times last season and will be sorely missed by UD. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The risk with basketball (and other sports) season? Weather. One or two storms can throw a monkey wrench into a well thought out schedule and travel plans.

The same can be said about trying to play with within a conference. Programs know each other so well that games can suddenly become rockier than anyone thought looking at the matchup on paper.

On Sunday's Hoopsville, Dave will take a look at the "stormy weather" that both Mother Nature and conference schedules seem to have brought us. From postponements and travel challenges to head-scratching results and season-turning outcomes.

Tonight's highlights include a Williams men's team off to the best start in program history, a DeSales women's program that is blowing the doors off of games, and a Greenville men's squad that seems to have mastered the "System" pretty darn fast.

We will also debut the "NABC Coach's Corner" with a former DIII coach, turned administrator. Schreiner Athletics Director Bill Raleigh talks about his former days coaching and why being an athletic director is what drives him now. He also talks about his work on the NCAA Basketball Rules Committee and his continued work with the NABC in support of Division III.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's episode hits the air at 7:00 p.m. ET and can be watched here: http://bit.ly/2VRm3Lh (or via Facebook Live & Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Kevin App, No. 3 Williams men's head coach
- Morgan Birmelin, No. 22 DeSales women's senior guard
- Bill Raleigh, Schreiner Athletics Director (NABC Coach's Corner)
- George Barber, Greenville men's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com lead columnist

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The 2018-19 season has entered it's final weeks. For some teams, their final games are this week. For others, they are fighting to hopefully still be playing next week and maybe beyond. While others hope their season stretches into March, as long as they take care of business this week and next.

The season can really all boil down to a couple of games. While November is just as important, February games seem to have a different feel to them. Regional Rankings coming out gives everyone a new sense of where they stand if they have postseason plans. Conference tournaments getting ready to start also gives gives teams more incentive to lock up seedings or berths.

As a result: A lot of craziness and games to watch on any given night.

On Sunday's Hoopsville, Dave and guests try and take the temperature of these final few weeks. Who has turned heads, who seems to be stumbling down the stretch, and who should we be talking about while we've been distracted by the usual suspects.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show starts at 7:00 p.m. ET right here: http://bit.ly/2GkK7C6 (or video Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Ashlee Rogers, Marymount women's coach
- Kristina Baugh, Mass-Boston women's coach
- Jarred Samples, UDallas men's coach and national committee member (NABC Coach's Corner)
- John Thompson, North Carolina Wesleyan men's coach
- Bob Quillman, IWUHoops.com (Central Region)
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Senior Writer (Top 25 Double-Take with Quillman)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

guest323

Ron Boerger

Wow.  If you have the Fox regional networks you can watch Southwestern open at TCU right now.  The announcers, doing the usual amount of research, said "we don't know a lot about this team.  It has 21 players."  Hope they weren't paid too much for that in-depth analysis.

SW up 3-2.  Oops, not any more.

Did not realize Coach kuykendall (sp) came over from Schreiner in the off-season.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Southwestern game is an exhibition, just to be clear. I see "they opened tonight" and I get a little nervous. :)

They also an exhibition next week against St. Edwards.