WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsc

HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

finnman

Wow! Way to go McM...great win on the road against the defending conference champs.  Don't get complacent...keep grinding and working hard.  Congrats!

Ralph Turner

Stats:

HPU--Daniels 19; Blalock 10; Hoffman 9
FG 12-47; 3FG 1-17; FT 21-25; Rebs 34 17 turnovers.

McM--Sawyer 22; Tarra Richardson 19 pts/6 rebs; Burton 10 pts/ 4 Rebs; Engelke 6 pts/15 rebs;  Tuttle 2 pts and 10 assists; FG 26-61; 3FG 4-11; FT 81-4; Rebs 44; TO 13; Assists 15

mcmfan

Congratulations, McM Indians!  But don't forget... classes resume on Monday!!
Alacumba!

bcal

BIG win for Coach Sam Nichols, win number 600!!!

BIG win for the team, 13 & 0 aganist a good HPU team.

Sul Ross at Alpine on Saturday night.  Keep it going. 

Alacumba!!!

cp1123

ETBU bounces back from a dissapointing loss at Letournea tuesday, as they roll Louisiana Colelge in Marshall, though I can't recall the final.

dballa

Congrats to McM tonight on a good win.  HPU just shot horrible all night long.  Missed way too many open shots and didn't block out giving McM a lot of 2nd chance opportunities.  HPU definitely should have lost tonight but that score shouldn't have been 16.  Sawyer had one heck of a night, I hope Nichols gave her a big hug after the game :)

inthepaint

Congratulations McM!  To spank HPU so convincingly in the Browntown Mausoleum is quite a testimony to your strength.  That is one tough place to play but you certainly did it up right!

Ralph, it looks like your girls are for real! 

fanstand

Good game tonight for the L.I.B. I never could relax the whole game, thinking HPU could get back in it. We played great defense all night long. The depth of this team is what helps and the unselfish play of the players makes all the difference. Great job and what a special night for Coach Nichols, with a special group of young ladies. Keep working hard and smiling big...............13 and 0!!!!

calhsu

Saturday's game for HSU and HPU is very critical. Mainly because both need to win a big game to restore confidence. If the Cowgirls could win they have only home games with MCM and HPU.  But McM is not going to lose two conference games so they are a lock for the regular season championship.   Right now it is all about the conference playoffs.  McM could lose in the playoffs and still go to the big dance.  All the rest except MC have to win the playoffs.

inthepaint

Simply looking at the performances of HPU and HSU so far this season I find it hard to believe that HPU will lose to HSU at home.  HSU fans can only hope the Jackets will perform as poorly as they did against McM or the Cowgirls will perform as brilliantly as McM did against HPU.  Since I did not make the game I don't know who gets the credit, or the blame, for the results.  Dballa thinks it was HPU's poor performance.  Fanstand thinks it was McM brilliance.  Either way, back-to-back losses in the Mausoleum are not likely.  HPU will probably bounce back and HSU has not shown any reason to put a great deal of confidence in them.

dballa

Now don't put words in my mouth :) I did say HPU should have lost that game because McMurry did come out fired up and ready to go.

Shooting 16% in a half will make you lose just about any game unless it's a jr high game.  HPU missed so many open shots you would have thought it was played on a neutral court. 

They most likely will bounce back against HSU and shoot a better percentage but both the defense and offense will have to perform well in order to pick up a win and keep that 2nd place spot.  Should be a fun game on Saturday.  Hopefully a lot more fun than watching a 26% shooting performance.

fanstand

HPU had 21 points on free throws. Did McM foul that much? I was there and it was a little one sided, but the officials were not the deciding factor in the game. When you only have 2 assists and shoot 26%, you are not going to win. I think HPU will rebound against HSU. The key to last night, was McM was relaxed and HPU was feeling the pressure. I think HPU will relax against HSU and HSU will feel the pressure. The target has shifted to the back of the McM Lady Indians, now everyone will be gunning for them. As long as they stay loose and focused and play their style of B-ball they should win the West. HPU and HSU should both have no trouble getting to the tourney. The 4th place team could be Schreiner or any of the other teams. No let down L.I.B., Sul Ross' court does some crazy things..........

dsc

Half: 

HPU over HSU 21-15

Final:

HSU over HPU  51-48

Late in the game the score was 46-37 HPU!!!

Unbelievable comeback!!!

Congratulations to the Cowgirls!!! :)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

mcmfan

It might be noted in the HSU victory that Sonja West wasn't much of a factor because of back problems -- and the Cowgirls managed to pull off the win anyway.  This is not a one-player team, as some posters seem to think.
Alacumba!