D3 Top 25 Fan Poll

Started by usee, October 20, 2010, 04:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Quote from: wally_wabash on November 29, 2018, 08:53:49 AM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on November 29, 2018, 07:16:49 AM
Funny that CWRU is in the South.  I never really considered Cleveland, OH in the South.  ???

CWRU is a member of the PAC.  The PAC is a South region conference.  I trust you can connect the dots.

C'mon Wally

You no very well Cleveland, Ohio is not in the south. If it were any further north, it would be in Lake Erie. Don't think K & J's Dad was thinking about some stupid NCAA classification. Can't always think in terms of Dlll. Ease up, please! 😃
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Funny that CWRU is in the South.  I never really considered Cleveland, OH in the South.  ???

CWRU is a member of the PAC.  The PAC is a South region conference.  I trust you can connect the dots.

Yes Wally, it was an attempt at Humor.  Thank you for correcting me again.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

MRMIKESMITH

I just realized how we should do the playoffs: Instead of an 32 team bracket. We should just had Mount vs. St. Johns and UMHB vs. UW-Whitewater with both games played in Texas the last week of December and 1st week of January and had 28 team using the DIII/Div I-FCS format. Would this save money for the NCAA?

Bob.Gregg

Quote from: MUC57 on November 29, 2018, 09:58:41 AM
...Cleveland, Ohio is not in the south. If it were any further north, it would be in Lake Erie...

Spoken as if you were a Steelers fan, MUC57...
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

Toby Taff

C'mon Wally

You no very well Cleveland, Ohio is not in the south. If it were any further north, it would be in Lake Erie. Don't think K & J's Dad was thinking about some stupid NCAA classification. Can't always think in terms of Dlll. Ease up, please! 😃
is Cleveland in South Canadia?
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Toby Taff on November 30, 2018, 11:48:23 AM

C'mon Wally

is Cleveland in South Canadia?
I'd think Minnesota/Upper Peninsula is South Canadia. But then you have Detroit which is north of Canada so...
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

MUC57

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on November 30, 2018, 11:20:21 AM
...Cleveland, Ohio is not in the south. If it were any further north, it would be in Lake Erie...

Spoken as if you were a Steelers fan, MUC57...

A Steelers fan? A Steelers fan? Why I ................  😃 🍺
Actually, after living in the San Francisco Bay Area for 16 years, I'm a 49ers fan. Browns too, I guess.
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

bleedpurple

Alternative Reality North/West Regional Ranking Challenge   (Held in Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI)

10 V 10   Baldwin Wallace vs Wartburg   Knights win a thriller 31-28.                     1-0 West
9 v 9       Wheaton vs Monmouth            Good Wheaton shows up. 31-3 route.       1-1
8 v 8       Wash U vs St.  Norbert            Wash u in a shootout 38-27                     2-1  North
7 v 7       Illinois Weslayan vs St. Thomas   St. Thomas pulls away 34-21                2-2
6 v 6       Wittenberg vs UW-La Crosse      Eagles fly high  59-24                            3-2  West
5 v 5       Wabash vs  Linfield                   Cats turn vintage  38-7                           4-2 West
4 v 4       Trine vs Bethel                         Royal Roughshod  62-24                         5-2 West
3 v 3       John Carroll vs Whitworth          Whitworth stymies JCU  24-13                6-2  West
2 v 2       North Central vs St Johns           No magic needed, 35-20 SJU                 7-2  West
1 v 1       Mount Union vs UW-W               Must be a glitch  41-14 Mount                7-3  West

West wins this Alternative Reality Regional Ranking Challenge 7-3

Ralph Turner

Awaiting the rest of bleedpurple's Alternative Reality Challenges...

Right now, my ballot has some variation of

1-3) MHB/MU/SJU, in alphabetical order for now
4) UWW  Lost to UMHB by 17
5-6) HSU (lost to UMHB by 21 twice)/ JHU (two costly pick-sixes away from the Stagg. But, how good is this UMU team which has its fans lamenting how un-Mount-like this team is?)
7)  Whitfield  Whitworth
8)  Bethel
9)  North Central
10)  ???  Everyone else was a monkey stomp away from the top 2 tiers

MRMIKESMITH

I'll wait until Mount Union an MHB Play to do mines. However, our top 4 is the same. Considering matchups and other factors, after Top 5, it's anyone's fair game. Also, I'm sure Whitfield should have been Whitworth.

repete

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 10, 2018, 01:05:30 PM

5-6) HSU (lost to UMHB by 21 twice)/ JHU (two costly pick-sixes away from the Stagg. But, how good is this UMU team which has its fans lamenting how un-Mount-like this team is?)
7)  Whitfield  Whitworth
8)  Bethel
9)  North Central

RT .. Wondering about your thoughts on Whitworth over Bethel placement. SJU figured Pirates out after a half, but were in a dogfight with Royals into the 4th. And Bethel and freshman QB got better as season wore on. Plus a pretty nice win on road at NCC.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: repete on December 11, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 10, 2018, 01:05:30 PM

7)  Whitfield  Whitworth
8)  Bethel
9)  North Central

RT .. Wondering about your thoughts on Whitworth over Bethel placement. SJU figured Pirates out after a half, but were in a dogfight with Royals into the 4th. And Bethel and freshman QB got better as season wore on. Plus a pretty nice win on road at NCC.
Thanks, repete.

It is always dangerous to play the transitive properties game, but I thought that Whitworth just kept coming at the Johnnies. The SJU TD with 00:14 sec in the half and then the opening drive in the 3Q for a TD really put Whitworth in a hole.  It became a 21 point final margin of victory for SJU. SJU, in turn, plays UMHB the toughest this season.

Now, if you want to look at the path for Bethel, we have a win over what seems to be a very weak NCC. In fact, one can say that the North Region was relatively weak this year.  The freshman QB for bethel may ahve gotten better, but I think Erdmann's offense got better throughout the year, too.

Bethel lost to UWW by 14 and then UWW lost to UMHB by 17.  (In our ASC Pick'ems contest, only Bornpowerindex was close to the final margin, projecting a 15 point UMHB win over UWW.)

For UMHB, "Defense wins championships."  Once UMHB has you down 2 scores, they get very conservative. UMHB fans scream on the ASC message board about this conservative play! UMHB will pound the rock and kill the clock. Look at the UMHB games in the final rounds against the top foes, UWO, UMU, SJU. It is almost a monkey stomp at that point because most teams (SJU aside) will not come back from a 2 score deficit, even a storied program such as UWW!

wally_wabash

Very weak North Central?  Not quite sure I see that. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

repete

Thanks, RT. Almost always enjoy hearing the thoughts behind these things, especially from the vets. (I'll let you and Wally spar on NCC.)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: repete on December 11, 2018, 10:41:29 PM
Thanks, RT. Almost always enjoy hearing the thoughts behind these things, especially from the vets. (I'll let you and Wally spar on NCC.)
Thank for the kind words. I also enjoy reading your comments as one of the veterans of the message boards.

I really think that we saw the Stagg Bowl in the QF matchup between UMHB and SJU.

I will juggle HSU and JHU depending on the Stagg. JHU got to enhance its resume with its bracketing against the East Region.

Now we get to see the real strengths of the left versus the right bracket.