MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoostAr

3 regionally ranked SCIAC teams for the first time in....ever???....

Perhaps a shot at more than one SCIAC team in the national tourney!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: WoostAr on February 16, 2017, 01:04:46 PM

Sadly, no. There is a very, very, very outside chance CMS could get an at-large bid meaning a second team... however, with their SOS currently below .500 the chances are pretty darn slim. I think the bubble line in the West Region is between 3rd and 4th right now leaving the SCIAC as a win-or-go-home league. Sure, it could happen, but I think the chances are so small it isn't worth hoping for it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gosox

Will be an interesting rematch Saturday in Cal Lu as they take on Laverne...both teams play a high tempo offense and it appears they both are playing some D now as well...With Cal Lu taking down CMS, who have been dropping a couple games lately, it makes the final two games interesting...teams are now pressuring the "bearded wonder" (great player!) and he is having to actually shoot contested shots which is a little tougher than the wide open looks he has been getting....

Good luck to all 4 re-positioning themselves in the final 2 games..........

WoostAr

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 16, 2017, 01:18:04 PM

Sadly, no. There is a very, very, very outside chance CMS could get an at-large bid meaning a second team... however, with their SOS currently below .500 the chances are pretty darn slim. I think the bubble line in the West Region is between 3rd and 4th right now leaving the SCIAC as a win-or-go-home league. Sure, it could happen, but I think the chances are so small it isn't worth hoping for it.

Annnnd CMS promptly loses to top it all off.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: WoostAr on February 17, 2017, 05:36:43 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 16, 2017, 01:18:04 PM

Annnnd CMS promptly loses to top it all off.

Yep... I think that pretty much sunk any chance the SCIAC had at a "second" bid.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

stag44

Top 4 in the SCIAC are locked now. CMS, CLU, ULV and PP.

CMS is locked as the 1 seed after their OT win tonight @ Oxy
CLU controls their own fate at the 2 seed with a win vs CIT tomorrow. they can't go lower than 3
ULV is in the driver seat for the 3 seed and faces Whittier tomorrow. They could move into the 2 if CLU loses and they win. They could also move to 4 if they lose and PP wins.
PP is likely the 4 seed unless ULV loses then they could move into the 3.

Semifinals are Friday night hosted by the higher seed.

With the late season CMS losses, the SCIAC is effectively a one bid league, so all is on the line this weekend!

stag44

SCIAC Tourney is set

#1 CMS vs #4 Pomona-Pitzer
#2 CLU vs #3 ULV

Games at higher seed Friday night!

Should be fun!

stag44

Higher seeds advanced tonight!

CMS beat Pomona 70-64 in a thriller. CMS was down 18 with 6 minutes to go in the 1st half and battled back to win at home.
CLU beat ULV 92-79. CLU took control of the game at the beginning of the 2nd half and didn't look back. 5 scored in double figures.

CMS hosts CLU on Saturday for the auto-bid! Last time these 2 met, CLU beat CMS on a 3 at the buzzer. should be a great game!

stag44

CMS Wins 77-71 and secures the auto-bid - likely onto Spokane to play Whitworth.

CMSfan

Quote from: stag44 on February 26, 2017, 12:53:05 AM
CMS Wins 77-71 and secures the auto-bid - likely onto Spokane to play Whitworth.

To Walla Walla I'd think. Whitman will likely host.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

The question we'll be whether Whitman's women's win over Puget Sound earns them the right to host.  If so, the Whitman men can't host.  With two teams in WA and two in TX, plus CMS, flights will be interesting.  I could see Whitman hosting the SCAC champ, CMS and Whitworth OR, if Whitman can't host, Hardin-Simmons hosting Whitworth, CMS, and the SCAC champ.

I'm almost positive CMS will be headed to either Texas or Washington.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

(509)Rat

What's the rule on women or men hosting again? Is it an odd or even year type thing? I can't remember...

Gray Fox

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 26, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

The question we'll be whether Whitman's women's win over Puget Sound earns them the right to host.  If so, the Whitman men can't host.  With two teams in WA and two in TX, plus CMS, flights will be interesting.  I could see Whitman hosting the SCAC champ, CMS and Whitworth OR, if Whitman can't host, Hardin-Simmons hosting Whitworth, CMS, and the SCAC champ.

I'm almost positive CMS will be headed to either Texas or Washington.
Texas - I will have to check that out.
Fierce When Roused

Smitty Oom

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 26, 2017, 12:17:59 PM
What's the rule on women or men hosting again? Is it an odd or even year type thing? I can't remember...

Yes. Odd years women have priority, so 2017 means women priority year.

(509)Rat

So then the question is...would Whitman submarine their womens team's chance to host by not have putting in a bid to do so? I mean, they knew that the men would be in a good position to host a 1st round pod. So unless you bid as a university/facility and then let the NCAA tourney chips fall where they may...I'm sure they would have no problem sending their women's team to Tacoma...