MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Does anyone know the status of Nebraska Wesleyan's Nate Schimonitz? He played in a preseason game 11/13 but not in either regular season games.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: ronk on November 20, 2017, 09:00:19 PM
Does anyone know the status of Nebraska Wesleyan's Nate Schimonitz? He played in a preseason game 11/13 but not in either regular season games.

Also curious about this. Thanks for the inquiry ronk!

doolittledog

Dubuque beats Iowa Wesleyan 76-56 in their home opener.  Play again tomorrow against Rockford. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Alfredeneumann

Quote from: Smitty Oom on November 20, 2017, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: ronk on November 20, 2017, 09:00:19 PM

Also curious about this. Thanks for the inquiry ronk!
Knee injury - out til after Christmas.
http://journalstar.com/sports/local/college/basketball/with-schimonitz-out-cook-scores-in-nwu-win-over-bethany/article_07a6be9b-ddd4-5865-a718-8737d67a9729.html
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Alfredeneumann

I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Hoosiersfan2323

Loras bounced back from a loss earlier this week to take down Ripon in a nail biter last night. Junior Josh Ruggles was 11-14 from the field for 37 points, while senior Jake Toman hit the game-winner with just over a second left to play. Cal Schultz had a career night for Ripon with 28.

Loras starts conference play this week, and junior Demond George should be returning to action. Just over three weeks until the last piece of the Loras offense (Kedrowski) returns, as well.

ronk

dunkin3117

Saw the highlights of the Loras win over Ripon and also noticed that George had not been playing.  Injured?  Seems like a lot of guys have gone down early this season. 

Hoosiersfan2323

Quote from: dunkin3117 on November 27, 2017, 09:38:36 AM
Saw the highlights of the Loras win over Ripon and also noticed that George had not been playing.  Injured?  Seems like a lot of guys have gone down early this season.

Pulled his hamstring a few weeks back. Returns to practice today and assuming all goes well, he should be suited up ready for action Wednesday v Coe.

Smitty Oom

Alfredeneumann

Conference Night 1 Results
BV 91      Simpson 90
Central 86           Luther 82
Loras 81           Coe 76
Wartburg 77   Dubuque 51

Road teams go 4-0.

Alfredeneumann

Day 2 Conference Results + Standings
Loras        71 
Luther       51

Nebraska Wesleyan   94
Simpson                   85

Buena Vista   94
Coe              84

Central   96
Dubuque   89

Home teams go 4-0

Buena Vista 2-0
Loras      2-0
Central   2-0
Neb Wesleyan 1-0
Wartburg 1-0
Dubuque  0-2
Coe    0-2
Luther  0-2
Simpson 0-2   

Non Conf. Wartburg    66    UW- EC   55      Sawyer Herman 21 pts.

Alfredeneumann

Wednesday night's results
Neb. Wesleyan    99       Central *    86
Wartburg *   98       Loras    87
Coe College    71       Luther  *   66
Simpson       87       Dubuque *   83

* Home team - Road teams go 3-1

STANDINGS
Wartburg 2-0
Buena Vista 2-0
Neb Wesleyan 2-0
Loras      2-1
Central   2-1
Coe    1-2
Simpson 1-2 
Dubuque  0-3
Luther  0-3

Wartburg took care of #protectlevick. Back and first first half. Wartburg got 28pt in 28 minutes, 5 others in double figures. Bench came in and provided a spark early. RYAN STULKEN, CLIFTON BROWN, TREVOR LARSON, MAX  SMITH DRAHOS, TYLER ZUMBACH
Ruggles held scoreless in first half for 19:59, chucked up a buzzer beater for first points- ended with 32,  Wartburg was ahead by 10-15 for most of 2nd half and he was getting shots (11 shots in 2nd half)

http://go-knights.net/news/2017/12/6/mens-basketball-six-score-double-digits-in-conference-home-opener-win-over-loras.aspx

Hoosiersfan2323

After a rough loss to Augsburg last weekend, Loras bounced back Saturday to beat CCIW opponent Carroll. Duhawks were led by a double-double from junior Ryan DiCanio (22 points, 10 rebounds), and got 29 points out of Josh Ruggles. Jordon Kedrowski also made his season debut for Loras now that the first semester has officially ended, and he ended with 10 points and 3 assists in 24 minutes of action.

Still no Demond George for Loras... must have aggravated his hamstring injury in practice or something. They're back at it Tuesday night against Blackburn, who's had a surprisingly hot start under head coach Steve Kollar. I must admit that I'm a big fan of Blackburn, so I'm excited to see how Coach Kollar does against his old college roommate Chris Martin.

duckfan41

Quote from: Hoosiersfan2323 on December 18, 2017, 10:44:37 AM
After a rough loss to Augsburg last weekend, Loras bounced back Saturday to beat CCIW opponent Carroll. Duhawks were led by a double-double from junior Ryan DiCanio (22 points, 10 rebounds), and got 29 points out of Josh Ruggles. Jordon Kedrowski also made his season debut for Loras now that the first semester has officially ended, and he ended with 10 points and 3 assists in 24 minutes of action.

Still no Demond George for Loras... must have aggravated his hamstring injury in practice or something. They're back at it Tuesday night against Blackburn, who's had a surprisingly hot start under head coach Steve Kollar. I must admit that I'm a big fan of Blackburn, so I'm excited to see how Coach Kollar does against his old college roommate Chris Martin.

I'm excited that I was able to watch the livestream of the game against Carroll. Seeing DiCanio, Ruggles, and Kedrowski (all guys from my area) play together and dominate (for the most part) the way they did as college teammates, much like they did as AAU teammates, was awesome. I will also be at that game against Blackburn tomorrow and am excited to see those guys in person again, as I haven't seen Loras play in person, and I haven't seen Kedrowski play in person since he was at Carthage playing against my Thunder.