MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Letourneau

REALLY well designed play that Catholic ran out of that final timeout to free up Jimmy G.  Ball goes into Howard who the defense starts to key in on and then Jimmy curls right around his screen.  Granted, it was a long 3 so extra props to him for hitting hit.

Catholic posted a minute long clip of the end here:

http://www.catholicathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/releases/20180217rv6xic

Feels wide open for the championship, should be some good games next week.   

ronk

Quote from: ronk on January 04, 2018, 07:16:53 PM
As conference play resumes after the break and 11 nonconference games, here's my forecast after the coaches' preseason poll:

2017-18 Landmark Men's Basketball Preseason Poll
Rank   Institution (First Place)   Points
1.   Scranton (7)                    70
2.    Moravian                            45
3.    Susquehanna                    44
4.    Catholic (1)                    42
5.   Juniata                            29
6.   Drew                                 21
7.   Goucher                            12
8.   Elizabethtown                      9

Scranton         9-5
Juniata           9-5
Moravian         9-5
Catholic           8-6
Drew               8-6
Susquehanna   6-8
Elizabethtown   4-10
Goucher           3-11

Juniata should be the only team to get a Pool C bid should they not win the AQ. The AQ winner probably gets no higher than a #3 seed in their 1st round NCAA pod.
  Landmark continues their downward spiral with the 3-year dearth of high-quality players; Jay Howard(current senior) would be the most recent such player. On the positive side, this could be the most competitive season in Landmark history.

Now that the regular season has concluded, post-mortem analysis confirms my prediction that it could be the most competitive season in Landmark history; the top 5 were within 1 game of each other and the 6th place team(Susquehanna) won at least 3 games from the top 5. In addition, my order of finish differed from the actual by no more than 1/2 point for 7(all but Scranton) of the 8 teams while the coaches' poll did so for only 2(Moravian,Catholic) of the 8.
   Looks like Drew plays @ Moravian and Catholic @ Juniata in the semis.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 18, 2018, 01:32:31 AM
Quote from: Matt Letourneau on February 17, 2018, 07:42:37 PM
Catholic posted a minute long clip of the end here:

http://www.catholicathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/releases/20180217rv6xic

Oh good. At least they had one camera which followed the action!

Ha. I didn't even go and look at the link shared because I just assumed since I noticed the lack of attention on the final shot... they wouldn't have it. Well then. Someone was doing their job. Good.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

NEPAFAN

Thanks for 4 good years to the royals seniors. at least Goucher didn't beat us. ;)
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

Down to two teams one will represent the Landmark!Good luck to  whoever represents the Landmark.Represent well and get by the first round.

Matt Letourneau

Sorry to see my Cardinals not advance, and for Jay Howard's last game to feature an injury and a tooth knocked out, but what an amazing career at Catholic.

He finishes as the all time Landmark Conference scoring leader, with 2,122 points.  That's also good for 3rd in Catholic history, and 14th in DC-Maryland-Virginia collegiate history.  It was a pleasure watching him play and get better every year, I hope he can continue to play at the next level.  The Cardinal's Bryson Fonville had a stint in the NBA G League and played in Asia.

Good luck to the remaining two teams.

saratoga

Wow....finally got a chance to make a comment.

All those Juniata & Moravian posters have had this site blocked for days heading in to todays big game.

I agree Matt...Jay Howard was an outstanding talent for Catholic for what seemed like about 8 years.

I don't think he ever had a bad one against Scranton, that's for sure.

Glad he's finally ready for graduation!  ;)

guest323

Congrats to Moravian - should be preseason #1 in the Landmark next season returning more scoring than any team in conference - maybe ETown returns more?

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: saratoga on February 24, 2018, 09:33:23 AM

Wow....finally got a chance to make a comment.

All those Juniata & Moravian posters have had this site blocked for days heading in to todays big game.

I agree Matt...Jay Howard was an outstanding talent for Catholic for what seemed like about 8 years.

I don't think he ever had a bad one against Scranton, that's for sure.

Glad he's finally ready for graduation!  ;)

They would argue that they have better things to do...................snob-wannabees! ;)

NEPAFAN

wait , there is something better to do in Huntingdon, Pa??

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: NEPAFAN on February 25, 2018, 09:43:52 AM
wait , there is something better to do in Huntingdon, Pa??

They could visit Steamtown and Montage in Scranton instead. ;)

Rofrog

Good luck to Moravian:You will need it if you get by Ramapo you will most likely face Williams(Not an easy place for a W).On another note Bob Casey went to  Scranton prep and playing at Williams (Nice player)Did Danzing try to recruit him?

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on February 28, 2018, 08:10:27 PM
Good luck to Moravian:You will need it if you get by Ramapo you will most likely face Williams(Not an easy place for a W).On another note Bob Casey went to  Scranton prep and playing at Williams (Nice player)Did Danzing try to recruit him?

I thought I heard Danzig say a while ago that Casey use to attend Carl's basketball camps, so I imagine he was recruited, just chose Williams instead.