Potential effect of D1 conferences realignment

Started by wildcat11, June 08, 2010, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Bill

You know Gull, a 100 lb. gorilla is actually a really small gorilla.   ;)
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Just Bill

Interesting dialogue here....

Dr. Karen Weaver is the AD at D-III Penn State-Abington, and she wrote her doctoral dissertation on the rise of the Big Ten Network. She penned this column for the Indianapolis Star describing why she thought small D-I conferences like the Horizon League should be scared about the D-I realignment...

http://bit.ly/94AMwW

Now, here is the response from Jon LeCrone, the commissioner of the Horizon League. As you can imagine he disputes Dr. Weaver, but I find it interesting that his argument sure sounds a lot like what a D-III commissioner might say....

http://bit.ly/czKVV6
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Gargantuan Gull

Quote from: Just Bill on June 11, 2010, 10:18:13 AM

I tried to change it to a 500lb. Gorilla after I sent the message, but couldn't figure out how to do it.... ;D

I figured someone would take a shot at it... ;)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gargantuan Gull on June 11, 2010, 09:02:42 PM

I tried to change it to a 500lb. Gorilla after I sent the message, but couldn't figure out how to do it.... ;D

As long as you have a 'modify' button, you're free to change anything you want on your own post.

I don't know if 'modify' is available immediately or if you need a certain number of posts.

Gargantuan Gull

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 11, 2010, 09:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gargantuan Gull on June 11, 2010, 09:02:42 PM

As long as you have a 'modify' button, you're free to change anything you want on your own post.

I don't know if 'modify' is available immediately or if you need a certain number of posts.

Good to know, I'll look for it after I send this.  Thanks.

Gargantuan Gull

Can't see a modify button, where would it be at?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Gargantuan Gull on June 11, 2010, 10:18:05 PM
Do you have a "quote" button up on the tool bar at the far right opposite the "Re: Potential effect..." ?

It should be inside that.  I think that "Modify" adds after a few more posts.Welcome to the boards.

Mr. Ypsi

Upper right of your box, if you have that 'power'.

Pat (quite wisely) only allots certain capabilities after posters have 'proved themselves' with a certain number of posts.  I don't know those numbers, since I am quite obviously beyond them (though I strongly suspect Pat was wondering about the numbers during my earlier days! ;D).

Gargantuan Gull

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 11, 2010, 10:30:16 PM
Do you have a "quote" button up on the tool bar at the far right opposite the "Re: Potential effect..." ?

It should be inside that.  I think that "Modify" adds after a few more posts.Welcome to the boards.

I do have a quote button, but not a modify.  Thanks for the welcome.  I look forward to following the boards and the action on the field in D3 football.

Pat Coleman

GG: You should get modify privileges soon. I believe the next level of membership comes around 25 posts?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gargantuan Gull

Sounds good.  I should reach that soon, maybe today....Thanks for the info.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Gray Fox on June 10, 2010, 07:40:35 PM
Using the 16-PAC model, teams will play seven games in their own division and two in the other.  That will give a school a chance to play old rivals (USC/Notre Dame)  or Nebraska patsies like Haskell Indian.  ;D
After more thought I realized that there will be four conference champions.  This is only two steps away from a playoff championship.  The "also rans" like TCU/Boise State and UCLA/Temple can still get to be in a bowl, altough these wil be even more meaningless.
Fierce When Roused

Ralph Turner

www.ncaa.org

Front page of the NCAA website shows the spring championships.

Softball -- UCLA
Men's Golf -- Augusta State won the Match Format after Okie State had the low 54-hole team score.
Women's Lacrosse -- Maryland
Men's Lacrosse -- Duke
Women's Tennis singles -- Georgia
Men's Tennis singles -- Stanford
Rowing -- Virginia

Six out of seven from the Super Conferences.

The Super Conferences can conduct their playoffs very easily, without the logisitical hassles of a venue trying to host 30+ teams.

smedindy

Quote from: Gray Fox on June 12, 2010, 09:59:14 PM
Using the 16-PAC model, teams will play seven games in their own division and two in the other.  That will give a school a chance to play old rivals (USC/Notre Dame)  or Nebraska patsies like Haskell Indian.  ;D
After more thought I realized that there will be four conference champions.  This is only two steps away from a playoff championship.  The "also rans" like TCU/Boise State and UCLA/Temple can still get to be in a bowl, altough these wil be even more meaningless.

I have a feeling that certain Senators will try to stop the BCS from excluding TCU or Boise State.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: smedindy on June 13, 2010, 06:26:31 PM
Quote from: Gray Fox on June 12, 2010, 09:59:14 PM

I have a feeling that certain Senators will try to stop the BCS from excluding TCU or Boise State.
TCU and Boise State -- members of the Mountain West Conference.