WBB: NESCAC

Started by Senator Frost, March 12, 2005, 09:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amh63

The brackets for the NCAA TOURNEY are out.   Bowdoin, Tufts and Amherst are ALL hosting!
Believe the committee separated them enough so that all three could meet in Salem. 
Middlebury is also in.  Each bracket has big hurdles though.  Nescac teams must be ready!

Vandy74

Quote from: NE Jeffs Fan on February 25, 2019, 03:23:28 PM
Respect for the NESCAC!!  So glad Middlebury made it into the dance, and Tufts, Amherst and Bowdoin could all meet in the Final Four.  Hard to believe the committee separated those 3 teams, but each team has some really tough teams to get past to make the Final Four.   Good luck to all!!!

The decision to separate the Big 3 isn't without precedent.  From 2009-2013, Amherst, Williams and Middlebury had the same kind of stranglehold in men's basketball that the Amherst, Bowdoin and Tufts women do now.  In conference play they only lost to each other.  In the 2012-13 season all three were top 10 teams, usually ranked no lower then #8, and were placed in different brackets in the postseason tournament.  All survived to the round of eight and Amherst went on to win the national championship.

A special congratulations to the Middlebury Panthers on being selected.  Head coach KJ Krasco has done an outstanding job in her five years at the helm, twice earning the #4 conference tournament seed.  This season in regular season play the Panthers led Bowdoin until only 20 seconds remained before losing 62-58.  Seniors Alex Huffman, Colleen Caveney and Catherine Harrison have played 298 games wearing the Middlebury blue and white, starting in 269 of them. 

Good luck to the four NESCAC representatives.

Vandy74

Middlebury 62 John Carroll 54.  I wish I could have seen it.  No video.  No live stats.  Even the ongoing contest featuring the hosts provides only the latter.  Any idea if this was an unfortunate system breakdown or will tomorrow's game be unavailable to anyone without a ticket as well?

Congratulations to KJ Krasco's Panthers on their 20th victory of the season.  It had been 17 years since Middlebury women's basketball won 20 games and 23 seasons since the program advanced to the NCAA second round.  It was a solid team effort from seniors Alex Huffman, Coleen Caveney and Cat Harrison along with juniors Maya Davis, Kira Waldman and Betsy Knox.  Ten minutes of spot relief were provide by senior Ivy Houde.  Box scores only supply statistics.  Hopefully tomorrow's game will be available to online viewers.

ronk

At least the last 2 mins were on the D3 wrap-around show; don't know how they had the video and u didn't, but they'll be doing it again tomorrow nite @ 6 PM.

BJ - DSU SID

Quote from: Vandy74 on March 01, 2019, 08:15:59 PM
Middlebury 62 John Carroll 54.  I wish I could have seen it.  No video.  No live stats.  Even the ongoing contest featuring the hosts provides only the latter.  Any idea if this was an unfortunate system breakdown or will tomorrow's game be unavailable to anyone without a ticket as well?

Congratulations to KJ Krasco's Panthers on their 20th victory of the season.  It had been 17 years since Middlebury women's basketball won 20 games and 23 seasons since the program advanced to the NCAA second round.  It was a solid team effort from seniors Alex Huffman, Coleen Caveney and Cat Harrison along with juniors Maya Davis, Kira Waldman and Betsy Knox.  Ten minutes of spot relief were provide by senior Ivy Houde.  Box scores only supply statistics.  Hopefully tomorrow's game will be available to online viewers.

Vandy74...we had both Live Video and Live Stats...not sure where you were looking but both were available and running smoothly.  Here is a link to the archived video - https://athletics.desales.edu/watch/?Archive=423&type=Archive

We will have both also available for tomorrow's game at 7 PM.

Vandy74

Quote from: BJ - DSU SID on March 02, 2019, 12:07:14 AM
Quote from: Vandy74 on March 01, 2019, 08:15:59 PM

Vandy74...we had both Live Video and Live Stats...not sure where you were looking but both were available and running smoothly.  Here is a link to the archived video - https://athletics.desales.edu/watch/?Archive=423&type=Archive

We will have both also available for tomorrow's game at 7 PM.

The problem must be my computer although I've had no problem streaming any other games.  For some reason the video doesn't play.  Everything seems to be working.  There's a brief period of buffering.  Then nothing.  Where the events are listed below the vid-screen the basketball games have a gray box with a camera profile to the left.  All of the upcoming events below have an icon pic of the sport being played.  It suggests that for some reason only the basketball links are malfunctioning.  Very frustrating.  I watched both men's and women's basketball all night long without any other problems.   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We had no problems from DeSales broadcasts tonight.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Vandy74

It occurs to me that the two basketball games may lack the game action photo ID at this time because they've already been played.  I don't know how things work on this school's site.  If that's the case I will only add that today when the game was being played there was no picture of basketball to the left of the game description.  The link seemed to be inoperative.

Vandy74

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 02, 2019, 12:40:42 AM
We had no problems from DeSales broadcasts tonight.

It would seem to be a compatibility issue with my computer then. 

NE Jeffs Fan

I got the Middlebury feed, but was amazed in the day in age of great streaming video and audio that one of the feeds I watched for a while had a banner that said "no audio available."  Seems if you get the privilege to host you ought to be able to provide a person to call the game.  Maybe it was a technical glitch.  Looking forward to some great match ups today. 

ronk

Quote from: NE Jeffs Fan on March 02, 2019, 09:14:33 AM
I got the Middlebury feed, but was amazed in the day in age of great streaming video and audio that one of the feeds I watched for a while had a banner that said "no audio available."  Seems if you get the privilege to host you ought to be able to provide a person to call the game.  Maybe it was a technical glitch.  Looking forward to some great match ups today.

And, Gordon Mann was there already as an interested observer.

amh63

Vandy74.....after watching the earlier game in LeFrak, the Amherst game did not have any video!  Complained online to the NSN idiots and did not get a reply.  Seems the NSN late games would not function.  Guess the AD and SID will get a piece of my mind and loose my financial support...period

NE Jeffs Fan

I watched the Amherst game from LeFrak with good video and audio.  Just goes to show that the streaming technology is not a foolproof as traditional broadcast media.  Sometimes I can get on phone and not computer and visa versa.  Also can help to shut down and reboot whatever device you're using. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NE Jeffs Fan on March 02, 2019, 09:14:33 AM

They had a commentator. We took the broadcast full and heard Mark Simon.

Or was this a different game? I heard broadcasters at all games we hit, but didn't hit every game. Also, that could be a default setting sometimes (sounds like a Stretch broadcast header).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The second weekend of the DIII Men's and Women's Championship Tournaments is set to start. Can the upset minded teams continue to prevail? Can the "favorites" maintain their poise? What home team will enjoy their own cooking? And who will still be playing in Fort Wayne and Salem?

On Thursday's Hoopsville, Dave is joined by a number of guests to get a look not only at the action ahead this weekend, but the action coming at the final fours. Which teams seemed ready to be playing one more weekend?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Thursday's show will air live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. here: http://bit.ly/2C82LcA (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Taurer, No. 13 St. Thomas men's coach
- Dave Hixon, No. 7 Amherst men's coach
- Nathan Denison, VP for Sales, Memorial Coliseum (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- Mark Morefield, No. 12 UMHB women's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 4 Tufts women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville