FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

I concur with Greg there, Matt. He is spot-on.

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on November 06, 2019, 06:38:47 PM
A little sad discussion isn't as fruitful as it once was. I feel like when Bridgewater was king, other schools fans came out of the woodwork to enjoy in lighthearted discourse before and after BC games.

If Bridgewater fans had stuck around through the lean years, maybe it would have continued. 🤷‍♂️
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

wally_wabash,

I appreciate the insight!

I was thinking 80% chance of home game (if 10-0). What makes me nervous is W&L went 10-0 in 2015, and had to go on the road first round. Different circumstances, I'm sure — but undefeated conference champion has no guarantees.

I am thinking around 20% on making the playoffs at 9-1 (losing to RMC). If Bridgewater's only loss was to a regionally ranked opponent — and Stevenson cracks the rankings, that will help. And Susquehanna's SOS may drop with remaining games against the bottom of the Centennial.

All that really matters is that BC controls their own destiny!
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Pat Coleman

Johns Hopkins and Thomas More were also unbeaten in 2015, plus two Texas teams were ahead of W&L.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 06, 2019, 10:04:18 PM
I concur with Greg there, Matt. He is spot-on.

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on November 06, 2019, 06:38:47 PM
A little sad discussion isn't as fruitful as it once was. I feel like when Bridgewater was king, other schools fans came out of the woodwork to enjoy in lighthearted discourse before and after BC games.

If Bridgewater fans had stuck around through the lean years, maybe it would have continued. 🤷‍♂️

This. We haven't had a Bridgewater fan stay active on the boards for more than a few posts in a season since I've been here. To be fair, the whole board has steadily dwindled in general. Though, as expected, we've picked up a few consistent RMC posters recently. If Bridgewater is more than a one year wonder, maybe a few more posters will show up. Not really pointing fingers, despite W&L's program historic run, I'm the only consistent W&L poster and I've mostly disappeared this season for other pursuits and reasons.

Inkblot

Quote from: jknezek on November 07, 2019, 09:17:49 AMNot really pointing fingers, despite W&L's program historic run, I'm the only consistent W&L poster and I've mostly disappeared this season for other pursuits and reasons.

Apparently, all the W&L alumni prefer to post on a golf forum I'm a member of...
Moderator of /r/CFB. https://inkblotsports.com. Twitter: @InkblotSports.

tigerFanAlso2

Just saw the HSC b'ball schedule and Nov. is stacking up to be a pretty bad month for HSC fans .... HSC plays RMC Nov. 16th in football followed by a 11/23 basketball game vs. RMC. Is there anything else they can do to ruin our Thanksgiving !!!!

Good luck to all this weekend. Very interested to follow the BC vs.RMC game. Potential to be one of the best in the odac in recent years if both teams play well.
I have no idea what to expect ... only seen BC vs. HSC and HSC laid such an egg don't know how much of that was BC and how much of that was total lack of effort by HSC.... got a feeling BC is pretty damn good though ... strong up front, well coached, makes few mistakes .... anybody will have to play well to beat them

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on November 08, 2019, 12:17:06 PM
Just saw the HSC b'ball schedule and Nov. is stacking up to be a pretty bad month for HSC fans .... HSC plays RMC Nov. 16th in football followed by a 11/23 basketball game vs. RMC. Is there anything else they can do to ruin our Thanksgiving !!!!

Good luck to all this weekend. Very interested to follow the BC vs.RMC game. Potential to be one of the best in the odac in recent years if both teams play well.
I have no idea what to expect ... only seen BC vs. HSC and HSC laid such an egg don't know how much of that was BC and how much of that was total lack of effort by HSC.... got a feeling BC is pretty damn good though ... strong up front, well coached, makes few mistakes .... anybody will have to play well to beat them

Given BC gave us a good licking at home, and RMC was more than gifted the win over W&L at their place, I think BC is the better team from what I saw. Just one sample though, so I could be wrong. We will see.

Macon

It pains me greatly to say this, but as a realist, I'll say 30-14 BC.

Pat Coleman

About the more than gifted part ... didn't W&L still have an opportunity to receive a kickoff, or stop Randolph-Macon from getting into field goal range?

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 08, 2019, 12:35:29 PM
About the more than gifted part ... didn't W&L still have an opportunity to receive a kickoff, or stop Randolph-Macon from getting into field goal range?

Oh absolutely. Of course they were forced to because of the interception that was ridiculously called offside after the play ended and during the final drive where they had RMC in 2nd and 3rd and long and the qb scrambled 2 yards in front of the LOS and threw the ball and the ref let it go... twice. And yes, the bounce RMC got on their onside kick was beautiful. So RMC certainly took advantage. They just had the last 2.5 minutes every time they were down, the refs made sure they were not going out. Could the Generals have made another stop? They didn't, but even if they had, the refs would have found another call like the interception to keep RMC in it. That's how it was going.

Macon

Quote from: jknezek on November 08, 2019, 12:38:48 PM

Oh absolutely. Of course they were forced to because of the interception that was ridiculously called offside after the play ended and during the final drive where they had RMC in 2nd and 3rd and long and the qb scrambled 2 yards in front of the LOS and threw the ball and the ref let it go... twice. And yes, the bounce RMC got on their onside kick was beautiful. So RMC certainly took advantage. They just had the last 2.5 minutes every time they were down, the refs made sure they were not going out. Could the Generals have made another stop? They didn't, but even if they had, the refs would have found another call like the interception to keep RMC in it. That's how it was going.
Up until now, you've made great arguments about the calls by the refs, but now you're saying that it was intentional or some kind of conspiracy, for me that's a bridge too far.

jknezek

Quote from: Macon on November 08, 2019, 12:46:24 PM

Up until now, you've made great arguments about the calls by the refs, but now you're saying that it was intentional or some kind of conspiracy, for me that's a bridge too far.

Nah. Not a conspiracy. Just not making calls that were right. It happens. But the question was, why didn't W&L make a stop. The answer was, they did. It was robbed from them. And twice more on the verge of a stop, RMC wasn't penalized. So what else can you say? They literally did get the stop. The interception. The refs owned that last 2.5 minutes and gave the game to RMC. Three bad calls, all critical. How many more would you need?

tigerFanAlso2

does anyone really think the loser of the BC vs. RMC game is going to travel to play NNA in Va. Beach ?
the last place odac finisher should be made to go as punishment for finishing last, this game is not a stage to use as an award for finishing 2nd

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on November 08, 2019, 01:02:54 PM
does anyone really think the loser of the BC vs. RMC game is going to travel to play NNA in Va. Beach ?
the last place odac finisher should be made to go as punishment for finishing last, this game is not a stage to use as an award for finishing 2nd

Post of the season...

Pat Coleman

Oh absolutely. Of course they were forced to because of the interception that was ridiculously called offside after the play ended and during the final drive where they had RMC in 2nd and 3rd and long and the qb scrambled 2 yards in front of the LOS and threw the ball and the ref let it go... twice.

I'll be waiting for the 144p video evidence on these.