FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jknezek

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 08, 2019, 01:05:50 PM
Quote from: jknezek on November 08, 2019, 12:38:48 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 08, 2019, 12:35:29 PM
About the more than gifted part ... didn't W&L still have an opportunity to receive a kickoff, or stop Randolph-Macon from getting into field goal range?

Oh absolutely. Of course they were forced to because of the interception that was ridiculously called offside after the play ended and during the final drive where they had RMC in 2nd and 3rd and long and the qb scrambled 2 yards in front of the LOS and threw the ball and the ref let it go... twice.

I'll be waiting for the 144p video evidence on these.

well.. I'm not going to dig it out. I care enough to mildly complain but not to invest that much time in it. It's not going to change W&L's season. They lost 2 games in the last seconds. That's tough. I think one was stolen by the refs. The other... well, sometimes you get a bad beat. Bridgewater was clearly a better team. The record will be what it is.

Personally I think Bridgewater wins this weekend. We will see. RMC has been in this spot recently. Bridgewater hasn't. That can sometimes make a difference.

Joe Rockhead

Quotedoes anyone really think the loser of the BC vs. RMC game is going to travel to play NNA in Va. Beach ?
the last place odac finisher should be made to go as punishment for finishing last, this game is not a stage to use as an award for finishing 2nd

Just a thought, take the runners-up in the ODAC, Centennial, MAC & Libertry and play two games on the Friday night before the first-round playoff Saturday.  Rotate the matchups each year so it's not the same. Play the games in the Atlantic City Convention Hall where they used to have the Boardwalk Bowl-and no weather worries.  Start the games at 4 & 7:30. Assuming RMC loses to Bridgewater and Susquehanna & Ithaca get  Pool C's, this year would give you games like Hobart-Hopkins and RMC-Stevenson. At a time when OOC games are hard to come by-especially for the 10-team Centennial and the 11-team MAC you'd get an opportunity for some interesting match-ups and some sense of how the leagues relate to one another.

I'm sure there are draw-backs to this but in theory its better than what exists.  MAC-Centennial match ups just harken back to the pre-Centennial days and for the ODAC it's got to be better than heading to Virginia Beach to play the Builders (no disrespect intended-I have a lot of regard for the kids who play and attend that school).  For the Liberty League, the New York Bowl seems destined to feature rematches of regular season games. This might just add some interest to these games for fans and players. 

tigerFanAlso2

good points .... I guess I'm old fashion .... when the season ends the champs go to the playoffs maybe 2nd place finisher gets pool C ...... if you don't go to the playoffs its time for your body to heal, right some papers and prepare for final exams .... these kids are not getting paid to play so why make them work overtime and put their bodies at risk for absolutely nothing .... time better spend healing/studying/drinking a few beers/hunting and whatever else they do outside of football

Joe Rockhead

Quotegood points .... I guess I'm old fashion .... when the season ends the champs go to the playoffs maybe 2nd place finisher gets pool C ...... if you don't go to the playoffs its time for your body to heal, right some papers and prepare for final exams .... these kids are not getting paid to play so why make them work overtime and put their bodies at risk for absolutely nothing .... time better spend healing/studying/drinking a few beers/hunting and whatever else they do outside of football

I agree-especially the parts about getting your schoolwork squared away and getting/staying healthy. (the beer part is happening anyway) But if you're going to have these "bonus games" like the MAC-Centennial, Neptune Bowl and New York Bowl, make them the best experience you can.

Macon

As everyone has stated, the NNA game (Neptune Bowl?) is pure stupidity (sorry, the misguided thoughts) on the part of ODAC leadership.  I'd encourage whomever loses the BC/RMC to boycott the game (can the ODAC force them to play?).  Just let the 'best' team that wants to go play the game.

Macon

Quote from: Macon on November 08, 2019, 12:30:15 PM
It pains me greatly to say this, but as a realist, I'll say 30-14 BC.
Interesting, but a couple of the D3 Quick Hits 'Professionals' are picking RMC, giving me some hope yet!

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: Macon on November 08, 2019, 03:16:05 PM
Interesting, but a couple of the D3 Quick Hits 'Professionals' are picking RMC, giving me some hope yet!

You including homer Keith!? 😂

I kid, I kid. The Yellow Jackets are no joke — it will be a great game!
Former Publisher of BridgewaterFootball.com

Macon

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on November 08, 2019, 05:45:47 PM

Especially Keith, he's tough on the Jackets.

Matt Barnhart (kid)

Quote from: Macon on November 08, 2019, 06:37:51 PM

If he took his impartial D3football.com hat off, I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles lose. 😉

Jeremybozz

Randolph Macon is a very good football team and I am looking forward to a great game today. I will say Bridgewater 30,Randolph Macon 27 in OT but Tre Frederick will have 150 yard rushing. Looking forward to the biggest Bridgewater game since I stepped off the fan bus from a playoff trip to Wesley in 2005.

rmc1982

Jackets getting BLASTED at Bridgewater 21-0 at half!! Not even that close.....Jackets better get a little life or they'll get beat by 40 or more!
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

BAM-BAM29

By in a class by itself.  EH hurt by refs at rMC was first sign wasn't going to be their yr. but 2nd is def. not a season to be ashamed of.  BU will represent us very very well.  solid in all phases...proud if em

Bwana

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on November 08, 2019, 09:01:44 PM
Quote from: Macon on November 08, 2019, 06:37:51 PM

If he took his impartial D3football.com hat off, I'm sure he wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles lose. 😉

SHO nuff...esp as he pridected a Randy MAC win today...
NO, Tusky, You cannot MOON Dr. Geisert!

Matt Barnhart (kid)

RMC made an incredible comeback in the second half. Expected after being shutdown in the first. The 70+ yard BC rushing touchdown (making it 28-13) made the difference. Until the the last part of the 4th quarter, a pretty clean game (penalties, turnovers) by both teams. That's what you want out of the conferences two best teams.

I was close guessing 30-24, BC winning on the last possession. :o ... with a minute left, RMC had to go for an onside kick but BC recovered -- then took a knee to win 28-21. Heck of a game!

Congrats to the Eagles on their first ODAC title in 14 years! Impressive 13-game winning streak (longest in program history) in Coach Clark's 25th season! Win next week, finish 10-0, and host a first round playoff game. I plan to make the trip to Bridgewater in two weeks! Dusting off the 15-year old BC fan jersey and ready to tailgate. 8-)

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Matt Barnhart (kid) on November 09, 2019, 03:57:39 PM
RMC made an incredible comeback in the second half. Expected after being shutdown in the first. The 70+ yard BC rushing touchdown (making it 28-13) made the difference. Until the the last part of the 4th quarter, a pretty clean game (penalties, turnovers) by both teams. That's what you want out of the conferences two best teams.

I was close guessing 30-24, BC winning on the last possession. :o ... with a minute left, RMC had to go for an onside kick but BC recovered -- then took a knee to win 28-21. Heck of a game!

Congrats to the Eagles on their first ODAC title in 14 years! Impressive 13-game winning streak (longest in program history) in Coach Clark's 25th season! Win next week, finish 10-0, and host a first round playoff game. I plan to make the trip to Bridgewater in two weeks! Dusting off the 15-year old BC fan jersey and ready to tailgate. 8-)

I hope you're right but I wouldn't count on it. I think that nationally the conference is regarded as only slightly above the likes of the UMAC or some of the New England conferences, so the Eagles might end up getting hosed like W&L did a couple of years ago.
TANSTAAFL