D3hoops All Americans and POY

Started by bballfan13, March 19, 2012, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on March 09, 2019, 07:03:02 PM
Once again resurrecting this thread.  I think it is a foregone conclusion that Aston Francis will be national POY for the men.  Is Madison Temple also a shoo-in, or am I forgetting some worthy competitor?

Quote from: gordonmann on March 09, 2019, 09:09:55 PM
I'd be very surprised if Temple isn't Player of the Year.  :)

Hannah Spaulding (St Thomas), Brandi Dawson (Trine), Kelsi McNamara (St Joe's Maine), Nakira Examond (Mass-Dart) would seem to be candidates for consideration(AA for sure).  But none are nearly as dominant in so many categories like Temple (on the #1 team too).  23.8 pts, 7.7 rebs, 5.7 asst/g, 2.3 a/to, 2.8 stls/g.  61.8% FG%, 89.2 FT%.

Pat Coleman

Maybe there's a chance Spaulding could still play her way past Temple with a couple of great performances next weekend. But Temple has to be the leader right now.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

gordonmann

We just released our All-Region Award winners, which is the first step in the All-American process.

https://www.d3hoops.com/awards/all-region/2018-19/index

Congrats to all the winners!

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 10, 2019, 03:16:42 PM
Maybe there's a chance Spaulding could still play her way past Temple with a couple of great performances next weekend. But Temple has to be the leader right now.

Looks like it is Temple, then, as UST loses to Bowdoin in the first semi, with Spaulding getting just 17 points.

ronk

Had 4(Madeline Eck, Katie Garrish, Hannah Fox, Cassidy O"Malley) of the 7 NE & Mid-Atlantic players on the preseason All-America 1st 3 teams on my prospect lists 4 & 3 years ago. Ironically, never saw Scranton's Makenzie Mason or Erica DeCandido in AAU and Maddie Hasson I considered too far away from Scranton.

Baldini

Good to see the HCAC getting a rep on the 2nd team with Alexis Nall, Hanover. Was hoping Shelby Boyle from Transylvania would find her way on the Honorable Mention List, but it was maybe too wishful of thinking on my part.   

ronk

WRT to Ryan's column on POY:

Good choices! I go back 4 years to AAU ball with Hannah Fox and Maddie Hasson; saw Maddie in person @ the final 4 last season and talked with her dad at our hotel breakfast; either is worthy; haven't seen the other 3 nominees yet. 2 others that I would recommend for consideration are Leah Springer(Messiah) and Cassidy O'Malley(Ithaca). If forced to choose, I'd give the nod to Hannah.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

By eliminating 2 years of competition, consideration for the productive careers of Leigh Ann Burke(1st and 2nd team AA), Liz Hickey(2nd and 3rd team AA), and Hillary Klimowicz(national POY) were unfairly penalized. Those years should have been included.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

There will eventually be some recognition of the players who got lost in between the All-Decade teams.  We're aware.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: ronk on July 27, 2020, 06:47:26 PM
By eliminating 2 years of competition, consideration for the productive careers of Leigh Ann Burke(1st and 2nd team AA), Liz Hickey(2nd and 3rd team AA), and Hillary Klimowicz(national POY) were unfairly penalized. Those years should have been included.

Patients, sir... patients.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

... or, if you prefer, patience. We're good either way.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 28, 2020, 05:50:32 PM

HAHA! That bites me everyone once in awhile especially when I'm in a hurry. Having a father for a doctor hurts that spelling in my head ... always patients first. HAHA

saratoga

I think that would be......having a doctor for a father.
You need to slow down a little more.  ;)

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 28, 2020, 05:50:32 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on July 28, 2020, 05:40:09 PM
Quote from: ronk on July 27, 2020, 06:47:26 PM

Patients, sir... patients.

Yes, over the years I've used a  function for D-Mac that translates his written word to spoken.   ;)