MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 16, 2015, 04:32:40 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on April 15, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
Ron Rose and the Titans have received a verbal commitment from Chasen Peez

I really hate having to pursue those little green buggers with my fork as they roll around my plate.

Fork?! :o

I eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on my knife.
[Traditional doggerel - author unknown*]
(*I've seen it attributed to Ogden Nash - and it sounds like something he might write - but it is not in any collection of Nash that I've seen.)

I imagine that Chasen Peez has heard every bad joke his name could inspire; hopefully he has a thick skin (and a great jump shot!). ;D

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 16, 2015, 05:40:13 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 16, 2015, 04:32:40 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on April 15, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
Ron Rose and the Titans have received a verbal commitment from Chasen Peez

I really hate having to pursue those little green buggers with my fork as they roll around my plate.

Fork?! :o

Sure! You use a fork to herd 'em into the spoon.

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 16, 2015, 05:40:13 PMI eat my peas with honey.
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on my knife.

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Scouting Indiana @ScoutingINBoys
6'6 SF Trae Masten (2015) of Fort Wayne's South Side H.S. has committed to play at Wheaton College

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by4t5xvyknY

unanimous22

Quote from: Titan Q on April 16, 2015, 07:50:14 PM
Scouting Indiana @ScoutingINBoys
6'6 SF Trae Masten (2015) of Fort Wayne's South Side H.S. has committed to play at Wheaton College

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by4t5xvyknY

Looks like a very very solid D3 prospect

AndOne

NCC RECRUITS

TOMMY KOTH, 6'3" SF from West Aurora HS

* 10.2 PPG
* Daily Herald Tri-Cities All-Area
* Illinois Basketball Coaches Association Honorable Mention Class 3A/4A All-State

LOGAN IVY, 6'6" C/PF from Plainfield Central HS

* Herald News Southwest area Honorable Mention All-Area
* 10.9 PPG, 6.9 RPG

JOSH JANDRON, 5'10" SG from Woodstock North HS
2014-15
* Daily Herald Northwest All-Area First Team
* 22.4 PPG, 2.8 APG, 2.9 SPG
* 3 PT Shooting-44.0%, FT Shooting-76.3%
* 92 Three point baskets
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* 1,113 career points

mwunder

Titan Q

Quote from: mwunder on April 17, 2015, 01:57:03 PM
Carthage Red Men recruiting news....

I can usually dig up some recruiting news this time of year by searching the right stuff on Google and Twitter.  For Carthage, I'm not finding anything yet...will check again in a week or so. 

We seem to be right at the time when kids are making final decisions. A lot of that info (certainly not all) ends up being tweeted out, or in a newspaper mention. 

AndOne

Quote from: Titan Q on April 18, 2015, 09:35:50 AM
Quote from: mwunder on April 17, 2015, 01:57:03 PM
Carthage Red Men recruiting news....

I can usually dig up some recruiting news this time of year by searching the right stuff on Google and Twitter.  For Carthage, I'm not finding anything yet...will check again in a week or so. 

We seem to be right at the time when kids are making final decisions. A lot of that info (certainly not all) ends up being tweeted out, or in a newspaper mention. 
Quote from: AndOne on March 17, 2015, 10:58:45 PM
Quote from: bbfan44 on February 22, 2015, 09:34:40 AM
Following the OT win last night in Decatur: 

"This game does not get played like this in most NCAA Division III conferences," said Carthage coach Bosko Djurickovic.  "This was two teams playing for pride, and it was as competitive and as physical a game as you can imagine.  We're thrilled to win this one.  We're proud to be a part of this league, and I'm proud of how our guys finished the season.  It was weird season, and there was no way to predict what the league scores were going to be, night in and night out.  The league was really good this year, top to bottom.  We have some good players, and I know we'll be significantly better next year.  There's no guarantee of that unless we do a better job of recruiting.  We were just under-manned this year, and that's on me.  We have to have an exceptional recruiting class this year, and I have no doubt that we will."

While no team comes close to getting all the recruits they target as a priority, things so far on the recruiting circuit aren't looking "exceptional" for Carthage at least as far as the recruitment of bigs is concerned.
One of Bosko's top big man targets, a 6'6" combo forward from the near northwest suburbs, recently committed to future CCIW member Carroll, and another, a 6'7" center from the far northwest suburbs decided to forego basketball in college, and attend the U of I as a student only. Perhaps Bosko is having better luck with some shorter players.

Gregory Sager

We seem to be right at the time when kids are making final decisions.

Many of them are making final decisions now. But a significant number of them won't do so until later on in the spring, or even into the summer.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 18, 2015, 12:30:57 PM

Many of them are making final decisions now. But a significant number of them won't do so until later on in the spring, or even into the summer.

Is this code for we won't be hearing anything about any North Park recruits for a while yet;)

I do know of one recruit that any CCIW team, with the possible exception of Wheaton, would want, and at least 2 or 3 that almost every team would want, who have yet to make a final decision. I'm sure there are even more still out there. Some of the remaining possibilities are also being recruited by non-CCIW schools, and no doubt some still holding out hope for a low D1 or a D2 scholarship which may or may not be forthcoming at this (for scholarships) late date.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 18, 2015, 12:30:57 PM

What's the difference between many and a significant number? LOL :-)

Give a number out of 100. I consider both over half.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

AndOne

CARTHAGE RECRUIT

Matt Acevedo--6'3" SG from Maine West HS. No stats available. Said to specialize in 3 point shooting.

andrebrown11

It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.

andrebrown11

It's simple. It's hard to get someone to commit to a school that chargers almost 40,000 a year without any scholarships. Nice campus amazing facilities but ridiculous price. Not a great sports atmosphere either. They were just better options for myself and my family.