FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoBo

Quote from: cubs on December 17, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on December 17, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
Quote from: hazzben on December 17, 2014, 01:50:23 PM
Quote from: BoBo on December 17, 2014, 01:19:32 AM
I read somewhere VK turned down La Crosse, but the way I understood it, he came across like an arrogant SOB during his on campus open interview and they didn't want him. I wasn't there, and he was so if he says he turned them down, so be it.

Maybe VK was doing the interview just to get experience. I don't know.

What I do know is that I've heard through several reliable sources that BoBo is correct, VK came off like a cocky tool and rubbed pretty much everyone the wrong way and they were not going that direction.

Maybe VK got wind of this or just read the vibe in the room and realized he wasn't gonna get the offer, so he withdrew his name. Maybe he was never really serious about it in the first place, which seems a funny thing to do (bad faith and all), and rather unfair to the schools involved. I can't answer that. But the consistent scuttlebutt is that he did himself no favors in the personality department.

In retrospect, I'm not sure VK cares one bit what we buy and don't buy with this story. He's coaching the school he wanted to be at all along in the Stagg Bowl this week. And it probably worked out best for UWRF and UWL as well, since he'd no doubt have jumped back to Mount rather than staying on long term.

Good luck to UWW!

And Bleed, very sorry to hear about your loss. I just attended my grandmother's funeral this past weekend as well, so I can imagine well what your family is going through. He sounded like an amazing man. God Bless.

Maybe some day the true story can be told.  Maybe within a week there will be a big story to tell.  One must just wait.
Craft-
Still waiting to hear who Oshkosh was scorned by....  Or did you get your WIAC schools mixed up as BoBo implied?

cubs, you'll never get a straight answer from this guy - or any answer - because he's a complete phony.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: BoBo on December 18, 2014, 05:03:45 AM
I read somewhere VK turned down La Crosse, but the way I understood it, he came across like an arrogant SOB during his on campus open interview and they didn't want him. I wasn't there, and he was so if he says he turned them down, so be it.

What I do know is that I've heard through several reliable sources that BoBo is correct, VK came off like a cocky tool and rubbed pretty much everyone the wrong way and they were not going that direction.

Maybe VK got wind of this or just read the vibe in the room and realized he wasn't gonna get the offer, so he withdrew his name. Maybe he was never really serious about it in the first place, which seems a funny thing to do (bad faith and all), and rather unfair to the schools involved. I can't answer that. But the consistent scuttlebutt is that he did himself no favors in the personality department.

In retrospect, I'm not sure VK cares one bit what we buy and don't buy with this story. He's coaching the school he wanted to be at all along in the Stagg Bowl this week. And it probably worked out best for UWRF and UWL as well, since he'd no doubt have jumped back to Mount rather than staying on long term.

Good luck to UWW!

And Bleed, very sorry to hear about your loss. I just attended my grandmother's funeral this past weekend as well, so I can imagine well what your family is going through. He sounded like an amazing man. God Bless.

Maybe some day the true story can be told.  Maybe within a week there will be a big story to tell.  One must just wait.
Craft-
Still waiting to hear who Oshkosh was scorned by....  Or did you get your WIAC schools mixed up as BoBo implied?

cubs, you'll never get a straight answer from this guy - or any answer - because he's a complete phony.

Maybe Craft has insider knowledge and VK is going to be hired at Michigan?   :o
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

jaypeter

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 18, 2014, 07:56:38 AM

Boy would that create a conflict of rooting interest for a lot of folks!

BoBo

Good luck to UWW!

Craft-

It's obvious from his posts that Craft has no knowledge of anything, he's all smoke and mirrors, probably is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Furthermore, the tooth fairy has a better chance of being hired at Michigan than VK.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

Blutarsky

Quote from: BoBo on December 18, 2014, 09:17:29 AM

Good luck to UWW!

Craft-

It's obvious from his posts that Craft has no knowledge of anything, he's all smoke and mirrors, probably is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Furthermore, the tooth fairy has a better chance of being hired at Michigan than VK.

The tooth fairy has a great record of showing up for the big games......at least for our kids.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
                         --Dean Wormer

GBMAN

hazzben

Seriously though, my mind is still trying to get around the idea that Harbaugh may be turning down a job that would have paid him $50,000,000. Granted, he'll demand similar money from a pro team. But man, rough life for these guys! In reading Pelini's scorched earth comments to the Nebraska players regarding Eichorst, I'm left shaking my head. Oh, the job was stressful?!? Maybe that's why you made $3,000,000 per year!

There are first world problems, and then there are Division 1 HC problems  ::)

02 Warhawk

My bus leaves in 12 hours for Salem... Can't wait 8-)

KitchenSink

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on December 18, 2014, 11:30:27 AM
My bus leaves in 12 hours for Salem... Can't wait 8-)

Just so a snow storm doesn't make you turn back half way .....   ;D
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

Desertraider

Quote from: hazzben on December 18, 2014, 11:07:21 AM

Seriously though, my mind is still trying to get around the idea that Harbaugh may be turning down a job that would have paid him $50,000,000. Granted, he'll demand similar money from a pro team. But man, rough life for these guys! In reading Pelini's scorched earth comments to the Nebraska players regarding Eichorst, I'm left shaking my head. Oh, the job was stressful?!? Maybe that's why you made $3,000,000 per year!

+K on that one. Chances are - if you are getting paid $3M a year, stress is involved.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: cubs on December 16, 2014, 09:40:09 PM
Quote from: cubs on December 16, 2014, 09:54:50 AM
Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on December 15, 2014, 10:59:24 PM
Yep Oshkosh missed out on the coach they sought out.
Huh?  I'm not quite following on this one.... ???
Just in case you missed it the first time Craft....

cubs

I've been traveling on business and it is a bit cumbersome to try to catch replies to old post.  My old comment about Oshkosh missing out on their first choice to replace their football head coach was more in reference to Leiplod leaving Whitewater.  Often schools announce they are conducting national searches while they have the prefect candidates right in front of them.  I forget what the rumors were on who they were zeroing on back in 2006 or 2007 (whatever the year was) and they probably will never tell..... maybe some on this board that were close to it remember.  In any event they had a great young coach Pat Cerroni on staff already when the previous coach resigned and if I remember right Cerroni was named the interim head coach maybe within a week (or maybe the next day) after the coach resigned.

Oshkosh search long and hard for a replacement and made Cerroni wait it out only to have the university wise up and go with Cerroni.  I think the only knock on Pat was his age.  Cerroni had Oshkosh kicking ass that first year.  I don't follow the program like I used to but the program has been on the rise under Cerroni.  Pat I recall was a hard nose defensive minded coach with a military background.  I remember in the past think Cerroni came from the same football tree as John Gagliardi but Pat was from Carrol University and John's roots were from Carrol College.  Close but no tie though I can imagine the folks on this board would take either school as long as it wasn't John Carrol.

After Liepold finishing coaching at Whitewater tomorrow the university will probably move on more rapidly with the search and with Lance trying to take his "right hand" coaches there might not be a coach in waiting like Oshkosh had.  One must wait.

badgerwarhawk

Oshkosh and WHITEWATER are public schools and their employees are state employees.  As such the university is legally obligated to follow certain procedures when there is a job vacancy.  This includes coaching vacancies.  The opening has to be posted for a certain number of days before they can begin to interview candidates unless they are able to get an emergency designation.  WHITEWATER was granted emergency status when they hired the new wrestling coach and was going to attempt to get it for the football job though the circumstances are quite a bit different than those involving the wrestling job.  Whether we are successfull in getting emergency hire status or not will play a significant factor in the time frame it takes to get a new coach and staff in place. 

We do have at least one internal candidate in Kevin Bullis.  He was offered the opportunity to go to Buffalo but for personal reasons declined.  He's definitely head coach material and is planning on putting his hat in the ring.   From what I've heard interest has been off the charts. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on December 18, 2014, 02:25:24 PM
Oshkosh and WHITEWATER are public schools and their employees are state employees.  As such the university is legally obligated to follow certain procedures when there is a job vacancy.  This includes coaching vacancies.  The opening has to be posted for a certain number of days before they can begin to interview candidates unless they are able to get an emergency designation.  WHITEWATER was granted emergency status when they hired the new wrestling coach and was going to attempt to get it for the football job though the circumstances are quite a bit different than those involving the wrestling job.  Whether we are successfull in getting emergency hire status or not will play a significant factor in the time frame it takes to get a new coach and staff in place. 

We do have at least one internal candidate in Kevin Bullis.  He was offered the opportunity to go to Buffalo but for personal reasons declined.  He's definitely head coach material and is planning on putting his hat in the ring.   From what I've heard interest has been off the charts.

That sounds good.  I'm sure Whitewater will reload.

Schwami

Interestingly, it only took the Wisconsin Badgers seven days to get from the Gary Andersen resignation to the official hiring of Paul Chryst.
Long shall we sing thy praises, Old Wabash

BoBo

Quote from: hazzben on December 18, 2014, 11:07:21 AM

Did you listen to the audio of that meeting with his former players? That man has a foul mouth.  Sounded like a little boy who had his bicycle stolen...and to think anybody would trust him to help mentor and shape young guys into outstanding men, ouch...gook luck YSU - if I was the YSU AD, I'd be sure to be waiting on him hand and foot 24 hours a day, as you're the next man up on his **** list.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."