MBB: Great Northeast Athletic Conference

Started by Hoops Fan, December 17, 2004, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serious face

SO what about those Emmanuel Saints..... ! lol.

me111

hey genius... u posted from the same IP address everytime... its obvious u are the same person using different names

and in Emmanuels defense, they uh, beat Emerson and it wasnt even close, at all...

goldenpipes

How can anyone say Emmanuel is horrible?  Yeah, they beat Emerson but even if they lost, it wouldn't mean they're horrible, when exacly the opposite is true.

I think the Saints have gotten a lot better and have shown improvement evey year since they've fielded a team.  

Coaches Jamahl Jackson and Joe Walsh know what they're doing and they have good players. This is a team that'll be in the GNAC tourney mix.

Hoops Fan

That whole exchange was just odd.  I'm not associating with this board anymore.

Titan3

Hoops Fan, I like your input. You are one of the reason's I got on board. You have good insight to the conference and get people talking.  Don't let one or two sway your input.

Titan3

Emereson plays Norwich this Sat.. Big game !!  Cheatham for Norwich, got GNAC Honor Roll this week for his play in the past 3 Cadet victories.  He's making a big difference on boards and scoring.  Hensley is taking care of the ball and can dish well,and has range on the 3's.  Team has some good depth on the bench that could help out at any time.  

goldenpipes

I see my triple talk is throwing some people off...no need to diss the Saints was all I was trying to say. They're going to be a pesky 3-4 seed in the tourney.

1st place and the right to host the tournament semis/finals is on the line tomorrow @ Norwich. Cadets topped the Lions in a close on in Boston, so the Cadets will put the Lions two games back of the top with a win tomorrow.

Lions held the Rams to 43 last night in a really tight game....Emerson 54- Suffolk 43. It was tied at 38 with about 6 minutes to play when Emerson went on a 10-0 run keyed by David Miller's defense.

Should be a good one as usual...a lot of close games again this season.

Old School

D3hoops Fan's (Poster's) Top 25 Poll next year?

Attn:

I am currently thinking about running a fan's poll for the Top 25 starting next season (may not have a poll until the new year, to avoid previous year's bias, among other things).  I am looking for posters who are knowledgeable not only about their teams, but about their conference and even other conferences, and having a familiarity about other regions as well.  Obviously, there will be some bias towards the teams you know, but it is very important to become familiar with other teams from other regions of the nation.  Though this is a Top 25 poll for fun, it is important to take it seriously and not just vote your team #1 just for the sake of it.  I also ask that you not miss sending in your ballots any week.  It's not a pick em league where you simply go 0-25 for the week!  Ballots would be submitted by Sunday night/early Monday morning, prior to the official D3Hoops poll coming out.  This poll would be strictly independent of the official poll.  

If you are interested, feel you qualify, and are willing to take this seriously, to a point, please email me to show your interest.  Include in the subject line: Poster's Poll, or something like that.  Also include your handle, since I most likely won't know your handle from your real name (email address), the conference/team and region you would "represent".  I'd like to get at least one poster from each region.  

Thanks.

goldenpipes

how has nobody posted anything in weeks?  

Is anyone out there????

Emerson beat WNEC today in a classic- 66-64 in OT to get the #2 seed in the GNAC tourney.

Let's get some tourney chatter going!

Titan3

Congratulations to the Cadets of Norwich University for their fine regular season record.  All season they showed great team unity and had the depth in players that no one man had to carry the team.  Four years ago their record was 6 and 18 and did not qualify for the Conference tourney, and this season they were 18 and 6 and got the #1 seed.  This shows a remarkable turnaround in the program and a tribute to coaches Booth and Seward.  GOOD LUCK in the upcoming Conference tourney.

UTSchwa

So I haven't really been paying attention to the GNAC in weeks, but what happened this year?  DWC came out of no where, and from what I understand were in the hunt for their first playoff appearance in like 6 years.  I saw them get pounded by Emmanuel yesterday.  Emmanuel did not seem too impressive.  I mean they did beat DWC 90-70, but other than their starters, their bench did not seem very deep.  

What does the playoff schedule look like?  I guess there are a couple games left to be decided, or atleast one very impotrant one.  From what I understand, if SVC loses again today, than DWC gets into the tournament I guess as the 8th seed.  This is a huge step in the right direction for DWC, and I'm proud to see them do so well.  If Coach Davis can keep everyone together, they could become a top team in the years to come.  All that experience the freshman got this year will only help the program.

mustang23

I lik Emerson they have alot of young freshman including Dawkins and Tovar (although it wrongly states hes a junior) i think they could surprise norwich we'll see.....

goldenpipes

Tonight is the quarterfinals. 1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5 will play this evening.  

#8 D-Web @ #1 Norwich
#7 Suffolk @ #2 Emerson
#6 Rivier @ #3 Emmanuel
#5 J & W @ #4 Western New England

Should be a lot of good action tonight. JW- WNEC went to OT last week and Riv has been surprising as of late. We'll see what tonight has in store for the GNAC.

hoops573

UTScwha, you do a terrible job of trying to cover up that you play for DW or are affiliated with them in some way...and that you're not really Kenny Oulette...you talk about him and DW like they're the Cleveland Cavaliers who suddenly got good when Kenny Oulette, oops I mean Lebron James came onto the team.  The only reason why DW is in the playoffs is because the whole league was not as competitive this year...I will give credit where it's due though, J.J. Oliver is a good player as well as a couple other decent freshmen...but as for years to come, the whole team is gonna be transfering next year, which shows that NO...Chad Davis cannot keep the team together!...and DW will continue to rival for the leagues bottom spot.

Hoops Fan

He's not Kenny Oulette, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went to high school with him.