Author Topic: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 6828815 times)

Offline OzJohnnie

• All-American
  • Lager, mate?
    • View Profile
    • Johnnies Football
Re: FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #85020 on: Yesterday at 12:48:50 am »
There is brotherhood in misery. Today we put aside our petty grudges and emotional caterwauling to suffer together. As only the metaphorical Charlie Brown’s to the Viking’s Lucy-like, ball snatching shenanigans can suffer.

Word.
[  

Offline MiacMan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85021 on: Yesterday at 01:06:17 am »
Dilly, dilly!

Offline Robert Zimmerman

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85022 on: Yesterday at 07:44:21 am »
I know it's basketball, but the Johnnies are currently ranked 12th in the nation.  They are 14-1 overall and 10-0 in the MIAC, including beating St. Thomas 77-62 on Saturday.  They are a fun team to watch.

Online jamtoTommie

• All-Conference
    • View Profile
« Reply #85023 on: Yesterday at 08:19:46 am »
There is brotherhood in misery. Today we put aside our petty grudges and emotional caterwauling to suffer together. As only the metaphorical Charlie Brown’s to the Viking’s Lucy-like, ball snatching shenanigans can suffer.

Word.

On the contrary. I was planning on focusing on how trash the Johnnies are to deflect from my pain about the Vikings. I guess I'll tone it down a bit.

Offline MiacMan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85024 on: Yesterday at 08:29:25 am »
I know it's basketball, but the Johnnies are currently ranked 12th in the nation.  They are 14-1 overall and 10-0 in the MIAC, including beating St. Thomas 77-62 on Saturday.  They are a fun team to watch.

Ugh!  I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. My one positive in the Vikings debacle was that it was a distraction from the sucky game the other purple team had this weekend. Now the Vikings loss is a total disaster. Thanks Mr. Rainy Day Woman!

Offline SJUrube

• Starter
  • www.Twitter.com/ccfMRF
    • View Profile
    • Yes It Is!
« Reply #85025 on: Yesterday at 10:18:20 am »
Saw an old friend of the board this morning on WCCO promoting St Paul as part of Super Bowl week.

Woke up with a headache from the night before
Cause sometimes I drink
Spent the night with my head in the toilet bowl
It's where I like to think
I said cause I don't want no one to take a piece of my heart - O.A.R., Hangover

http://twitter.com/ccfMRF http://twitter.com/SJU_Sports http://twitter.com/JClubSJU

Offline OldAuggie

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85026 on: Yesterday at 10:20:01 am »
Had to fly out last night so I watched the first half at the airport. I had a hard time wiping the smile off my face at times. Thanks to the 1998 season, this team has hardened my heart toward the NFL.  Just before boarding in the 3rd qtr an airport worker told me the Vikings looked like "little boys".
After all these years, at least they are consistent. 

Offline Tom Thumb

• Starter
    • View Profile

Offline GoldandBlueBU

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #85028 on: Yesterday at 11:54:12 am »

For sure!  I'm interested to see 1 - if they can manage to make it through round 2 through the MIAC unscathed - they're certainly capable, but even some of the recently great UST teams had a tough time at that task, and 2 - just how far they can go in the NCAA's.  They certainly seem capable of putting together a tourney run...so much talent offensively.

Offline MiacMan

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85029 on: Today at 08:49:46 am »

They're about to get even better as I have heard through my sources that Jake Binley the rockstar hoopster from Simley has deposited with the intent on attending SJ2. SJ2 is the Jerry Seinfeld of the MIAC. Everything always evens out for them. They went behind UST in football but went ahead of them in basketball, "Even-Steven"

Offline GoldandBlueBU

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #85030 on: Today at 09:39:22 am »
Wow - he'll provide a nice back-fill for when Stokman graduates in 2019 as well.