FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

FWIW...good two shot of Mike Riley and Jay Locey in the 1st half of the Texas game.

Las Vegas Wildcards

Here is the 2013 Linfield schedule:

9-14 at Hardin Simmons
9-21 vs. Cal Lu
9-28 at Case Western(Cleveland)
10-5 vs. PLU
10-19 at Whitworth
10-26 vs. Lewis & Clark
11-2 at Willamette
11-9 vs. Puget Sound
11-16 at Pacific

George Thompson

Quote from: Steel Curtain on January 04, 2013, 01:38:32 AM

If we are going to Ohio, why not to Mount Union?

George

GO CATS! GO!
GO CATS! GO!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: George Thompson on January 04, 2013, 05:20:59 PM
Quote from: Steel Curtain on January 04, 2013, 01:38:32 AM

If we are going to Ohio, why not to Mount Union?

George

GO CATS! GO!

On the off chance that this question is not rhetorical, Mount Union only has one non-conference game to schedule each year and they are playing Franklin in 2013 to complete a home-and-home.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CamCat

I'm excited to see us schedule Case Western Reserve in Cleveland,  I went to high school just East of Cleveland and celebrated my 18th birthday at Linfield as a freshman, my first day on campus.

With the exception of last year they've had some good teams the past few years.
http://www.d3football.com/teams/Case_Western_Reserve/2012/index
The bitter cold of football games in OH is a lasting memory and could not believe how much warmer the weather was when I got out here to watch Linfield football.

Could this be a step closer to getting on Mt Union's calendar for a regular season game?

"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."
Duffy Daugherty

wildcat11

Quote from: CamCat on January 05, 2013, 06:14:59 PM

Could this be a step closer to getting on Mt Union's calendar for a regular season game?

Doubt it.  This is a one-year bridge in response to George Fox pushing their start year to 2014 from 2013.  It screwed hurt all the NWC schools that assumed Fox would be in that 2013 slot.  It's great to go to Case Western but instead of having a game only 20 minutes away from the 'Catdome, Linfield now has to pony up the 60K, or whatever it's going to cost, to fly to Ohio for a game where a tiny segment of Linfield fans will be able to attend.   

CamCat

Thanks for the answer, 11
"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."
Duffy Daugherty

Pat Coleman

Mount Union has one non-conference game per season and they are booked through 2015, so don't hold your breath on a Linfield-Mount Union non-conference game.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Bluenote on January 05, 2013, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 05, 2013, 10:11:46 PM
Mount Union has one non-conference game per season and they are booked through 2015, so don't hold your breath on a Linfield-Mount Union non-conference game.

Maybe we could meet them in the playoffs. I'm sure their playoff schedule up to Semi will be tough as usual.....  ::)

I'd like to see them play PLU/CLU, NCC, Linfield/UWO/UWW and UST before they get to the Stagg.....I don't care how good they are...that kind of playoff schedule will take a tole on you...

Uh huh. Both teams have to get there, you know.

D O.C.

I don't care how good they are must be rhetorical.

wildcat11

Willamette's new OC split after one year.  (no longer listed on their site (that was fast)).   That was fast.

Bearcat Press

According to http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop,

QuoteSources tell us Willamette offensive coordinator Brian Sheppard will join the Indiana State staff as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks.

I saw Coach Sheppard at Sparks Center on Monday, so I'll wait until someone issues a press release to confirm this one way or another, but if true, congrats to him.  As a Willamette fan, I was certainly hoping he'd stick around for a while, but all the same, jumping from D-III to D-I is quite an accomplishment.  I'm confident that Coach Fowles will find someone to do a great job next year.

Bring back the Fly! ;)
"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman