FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: AndOne on October 05, 2018, 05:17:20 PM
Then hopefully, Ypsi, you and better half will come close to matching your parents awesome achievement. If so, you have a lot of smiles to look forward to.

As for myself, a west suburban Chicago guy and Bears (as well as all the other Chicago teams) fan, next Thurs, 10/11, will mark 38 years of being not only lucky enough to have landed Mrs. A (after 4 yrs of trying), but also lucky enough to have stuck together despite the fact that being a Wisconsin native, she is a (forgive me) lifelong Packer fan. 😖

Hey, nobody's perfect!  So did my Lions do you a favor today or cause pain? ;D

bleedpurple

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 07, 2018, 11:02:03 PM
Then hopefully, Ypsi, you and better half will come close to matching your parents awesome achievement. If so, you have a lot of smiles to look forward to.

As for myself, a west suburban Chicago guy and Bears (as well as all the other Chicago teams) fan, next Thurs, 10/11, will mark 38 years of being not only lucky enough to have landed Mrs. A (after 4 yrs of trying), but also lucky enough to have stuck together despite the fact that being a Wisconsin native, she is a (forgive me) lifelong Packer fan. 😖

I'm still trying to figure out how they succeeded in moving the goalposts back and forth all afternoon!  :o

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 07, 2018, 11:13:53 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 07, 2018, 11:02:03 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how they succeeded in moving the goalposts back and forth all afternoon!  :o

Kickers are human too - even the best can have "terrible, awful, no good, very bad days"! ;D

(If that phrase is unfamiliar, either you are not a parent or the book has fallen out of popularity!  In close paraphrase, that was the title of my kids' favorite storybook, though they are now 30 and 26.)

bleedpurple

Titan Q

Quote from: AndOne on October 07, 2018, 05:45:57 PM
Looks like Mr. Tata is really a big part of the Weenie offense.
Green Team in the drivers seat. Win out and the conference championship is theirs.
But it won't be easy.  ;)

For the AQ, yes, IWU has to win out. But the Titans can lose a game and still win a CCIW championship.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: USee on October 07, 2018, 07:41:14 PMIn addition there are 8 WR's playing at a 1st team all conference level and a 9th, Fisher from WashU that is probably there but has been battling injuries.

Fisher is a running back, not a wide receiver.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

USee

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 08, 2018, 01:43:51 AM
Quote from: USee on October 07, 2018, 07:41:14 PMIn addition there are 8 WR's playing at a 1st team all conference level and a 9th, Fisher from WashU that is probably there but has been battling injuries.

Fisher is a running back, not a wide receiver.

That's what I get for going off memory. I meant Jason Singer, WR who has played in only 3 games so far. Not John Fisher, RB

iwu70

Yes, nice to be on top, in the lead with 4-0 so far in league play.  So much still to improve on this IWU team, so let's keep it rolling, keep improving.  Running game has been spotty and needs at least over 120 yards per game to balance the great passing game.  IWU D has been good, but not dominant as last year.  Still more improvement in O and D line play, better work by the new corps of Linebackers, and surely more work to do on special teams and punting.  I'm sure the practices will be spirited and urgent -- in these areas for sure.  Tata had a great game vs. CC.  Bauer has been consistent, at a high level, with many good targets in his receiver group.  Healy hard to defend, given his size in the D3 context.  Give credit to CC, as they fought very hard, have a great team.  Save for the penalty, they clearly could have won the game in the 2nd OT.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them upset some teams down the stretch. 

EC at home, then the road trip to St. Louis to face the good challenge of Wash U.  MU in Decatur will be another tough game, like CC.   Homecoming win always always welcome, for all the loyal TITAN alums and friends back on campus, even with the rain and the long delay to get the game in.

IWU'70

79jaybird

Well at least there was some pride and effort from Elmhurst this past weekend.  Surprisingly Wash U at times had all they could handle from the Jays defense.  Wash U is a solid team and not one to take lightly.  I like their QB and the offensive game plan.  Let's see if Elmhurst can build on their (few) positives from last week and see if they can give the Titans a battle.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Gregory Sager

Actually, your 'jays were the one surprise of an otherwise predictable CCIW weekend, Mark. They held down that Bears juggernaut of an offense to a degree that I thought was well beyond their capacity.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

79jaybird

yes,  the defense came ready to play and kept us in the game.   I was very happy to see that.  Other areas were lacking.
Injuries and lack of depth hurt, but no excuses. 
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

mwunder

Quote from: iwu70 on October 08, 2018, 11:23:38 AM
Save for the penalty, they clearly could have won the game in the 2nd OT. 

The officials clearly made the right call on this play.  #72, a senior, must have gotten his signals crossed on this and can clearly be seen 8 yards downfield trying to throw a block.  Attention to detail young men...attention to detail.

markerickson

John Gagliardi, who won more college football games at D3 Saint John's University (MN) than Pedophilia State University's Joe Paterno and Grambling's Eddie Robinson, has died.  This is a precious obituary:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-john-gagliardi-winningest-football-coach-dies-20181007-story.html
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

jaybird44

A fun and busy weekend for yours truly.  After the call of the Wheaton/WashU football game, I will be involved from 6 pm Saturday to 6 pm Sunday in a unique fundraising effort in the battle against Rett syndrome:

http://washubears.com/general/2018-19/releases/20181007xn4w2c

Any contribution that you can make will be greatly appreciated by me, those with Rett syndrome, and their families.

The donation webpage is at https://www.rettsyndrome.org/RettGetsRocked

Thank you for your time and consideration!

GoIrish7

A few good games this weekend - I look forward to watching Millikin and Carthage battle it out. Predictions?

Millikin over Carthage (27-21)
Augie over NP (35-10)
Wheaton over Wash U (42-27)
IWU over Elmhurst (49-3)
NCC over Carroll (55-0)