Previous topic - Next topic

cubs

Quote from: Ralph Turner on June 20, 2017, 10:58:39 PM
Quote from: cubs on June 20, 2017, 05:35:46 PM
Quote from: Baseball Geek on June 20, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
Quote from: cubs on June 17, 2017, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 17, 2017, 01:34:43 PM
Quote from: cubs on June 14, 2017, 10:35:27 PM
Well, with the draft now complete, I think we can pencil Whitewater in as the favorite for 2018 as both Jones and Renz will be back, giving the Warhawks a VERY formidable #1 and #2 for their starting rotation.
I didn't see that coming.
Has their been any feedback as to why Jones was passed over this season after being drafted last year?  Did teams think he wouldn't sign and planned on returning to Whitewater for his senior season?

It was broadly believed that he would be drafted and signed. I don't think anyone ever expected that he would return to UWW this fall, and he was quoted in numerous media stories about his readiness and plans to sign. He even stated that he believed he had given UWW everything he had and was ready to go.

I don't think anyone has any idea what happened.
The only thing I can think of, and this is purely speculation by ME, is that there was something that pooped up in regards to the health of his elbow/shoulder....  It's about the only thing that makes any kind of sense....
Hmmm... "pooped" "elbow" and "shoulder" are not three things that I usually associate in the same sentence.
;)   ;D  +1!
Crap!!!!

Was supposed to be "popped."  :-[
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

I know the story is a bit "dated" but with the Quintana trade between the Cubs and White Sox this week, it seemed somewhat relevant again.

http://m.salisburypost.com/2017/04/06/intimidators-manager-justin-jirschele-youngest-baseball/

One of the big pieces the Cubs gave up (Top 100 Prospect Dylan Cease) will be reporting to Kannapolis to play for Jirschele.

badgerwarhawk

Northwoods League update:  FINAL

Green Bay:
Scott Gorsuch UW-Oshkosh: (1-1, 6.55 ERA) 13 GA, 1 GS. 23.1 IP, 17 H, 24 R, 17 ER, 37 BB, 27 K 
Alex Stroda UW-Stevens Point: (0-1, 10.05 ERA) 9 GA, 1 GS, 17 IP, 19 H, 21 R, 19 ER, 19 BB, 15 K

La Crosse:
Mason McMahon UW-La Crosse: (3-2, 6.95 ERA) 12 GA, 6 GS, 39.2 IP, 45 H, 30 R, 26 ER, 16 BB, 37 K

Lakeshore:
Austin Jones UW-Whitewater: (2-3, 2.92 ERA) 7 GA, 7 GS, 40 IP, 35 H, 16 R, 13 ER,  10 BB, 31 K

Madison:
Heath Renz UW-Whitewater: (3-3, 4.89 ERA) 12 GA, 12 GS, 46 IP, 52 H, 39 R, 25 ER,  35 BB, 47 K
Cal Aldridge UW-Whitewater: NO LONGER ON ROSTER

Aldridge hit .417 with 4 RBI in 10 games with Rockford earlier in the season.

Rockford:
Michael Kaska UW-Whitewater: (2-0, 5.10 ERA) 6 GA, 0 GS, 12.1 IP, 130 H, 7R, 7 ER,  9 BB, 6 K

Eau Claire:
Daytona Bryden UW-Whitewater: .278 BA, 17 GA, 13-54 H-AB, 18 RS, 7 RBI
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Quote from: cubs on February 14, 2017, 08:33:28 AM
Unless the trifecta of Washburn/Gasper/Mlodik or Glysch/Grater/Taschner are back in uniform for UWO, I would be shocked to see UWO competing for the WIAC crown.....
Speaking of Taschner, it looks like he is sporting a different uniform these days!!!

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Appleton-SRO-revs-up-crowd-at-football-game--444867233.html

cubs

Ralph Turner

Jim Dixon

WIAC loses Automatic qualification.

The committee approved that the following 40 conferences receive  automatic  qualification to  the  2018  NCAA  Division  III  Baseball Championship:

Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference; American Southwest Conference; Capital Athletic  Conference;  Centennial  Conference;  College  Conference of  Illinois  and Wisconsin; Colonial States Athletic Conference; Commonwealth Coast Conference; Empire  8;  Great  Northeast  Athletic  Conference;  Heartland  Collegiate  Athletic Conference; Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; Landmark Conference; Liberty League; Little East Conference; Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference; Michigan  Intercollegiate  Athletic  Association;  Middle  Atlantic Conference Commonwealth;  Middle  Atlantic  Conference  Freedom;  Midwest  Conference; Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; New England Collegiate Conference; New England Small College Athletic Conference; New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference; New Jersey Athletic Conference; North Atlantic Conference; North  Coast  Athletic  Conference;  North  Eastern  Athletic  Conference;  Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference; Northwest Conference; Ohio Athletic Conference; Old  Dominion  Athletic  Conference;  Presidents'  Athletic  Conference;  Skyline Conference;  St.  Louis  Intercollegiate  Athletic  Conference;  Southern  California Intercollegiate  Athletic  Conference;  Southern  Athletic  Association;  Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference; State University of New York Athletic Conference; USA South Athletic Conference; and Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

The full text: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Sep2017DIIIChamps_September_Report_20171002.pdf

Just Bill

Quote from: Jim Dixon on October 04, 2017, 10:35:20 AM

The committee approved that the following 40 conferences receive  automatic  qualification to  the  2018  NCAA  Division  III  Baseball Championship:

Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference; American Southwest Conference; Capital Athletic  Conference;  Centennial  Conference;  College  Conference of  Illinois  and Wisconsin; Colonial States Athletic Conference; Commonwealth Coast Conference; Empire  8;  Great  Northeast  Athletic  Conference;  Heartland  Collegiate  Athletic Conference; Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; Landmark Conference; Liberty League; Little East Conference; Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference; Michigan  Intercollegiate  Athletic  Association;  Middle  Atlantic Conference Commonwealth;  Middle  Atlantic  Conference  Freedom;  Midwest  Conference; Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference; New England Collegiate Conference; New England Small College Athletic Conference; New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference; New Jersey Athletic Conference; North Atlantic Conference; North  Coast  Athletic  Conference;  North  Eastern  Athletic  Conference;  Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference; Northwest Conference; Ohio Athletic Conference; Old  Dominion  Athletic  Conference;  Presidents'  Athletic  Conference;  Skyline Conference;  St.  Louis  Intercollegiate  Athletic  Conference;  Southern  California Intercollegiate  Athletic  Conference;  Southern  Athletic  Association;  Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference; State University of New York Athletic Conference; USA South Athletic Conference; and Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

The full text: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Sep2017DIIIChamps_September_Report_20171002.pdf

That two-year grace period sure went by fast!

But I thought the addition of Illinois Tech was going to save them from this fate for at least a year until Illinois Tech joins the NACC. Is Illinois Tech not playing in the WIAC this spring, then?
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Baseball Geek

Quote from: Just Bill on October 04, 2017, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: Jim Dixon on October 04, 2017, 10:35:20 AM

That two-year grace period sure went by fast!

But I thought the addition of Illinois Tech was going to save them from this fate for at least a year until Illinois Tech joins the NACC. Is Illinois Tech not playing in the WIAC this spring, then?

I thought the same thing ... and I think we all believed that was the reason Illinois Tech was added. They are on the WIAC schedule this season ... I'm sure there's an explanation somewhere.

Is it reasonable to assume that the WIAC might only get one team through an at-large bid?

Bishopleftiesdad

They are all available for Pool B and Pool C correct?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on October 04, 2017, 10:05:37 PM
They are all available for Pool B and Pool C correct?
Yes.  Let me look at the Baseball Pool B board.

cubs

Quote from: Baseball Geek on October 04, 2017, 05:31:53 PM
Is it reasonable to assume that the WIAC might only get one team through an at-large bid?
I would be willing to bet that in most years that the regular season champion would have a pretty decent chance at a Pool B bid while the rest that have solid seasons would then be in contention for a Pool C bid..... 

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: cubs on October 04, 2017, 11:32:59 PM
I would be willing to bet that in most years that the regular season champion would have a pretty decent chance at a Pool B bid while the rest that have solid seasons would then be in contention for a Pool C bid..... 
Thanks Cubs, that was my thought as well. In fact that conference going to pool B does far more harm to the other pool b teams than it does to the wiac IMO.

cubs

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on October 05, 2017, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: cubs on October 04, 2017, 11:32:59 PM
Thanks Cubs, that was my thought as well. In fact that conference going to pool B does far more harm to the other pool b teams than it does to the wiac IMO.
Unless I am understanding it incorrectly, that was my initial thought as well.... That was why I didn't see the benefit of adding Illinois Tech since it would hurt Pool C candidates SOS. 

I guess the one thing that "hurts" is that the WIAC doesn't have that Pool A safety net when/if the time comes that they struggle in the non-conference portion of the schedule and then beat up on each other during league play.