3   Amherst College                          7-1-1
4   Gordon College                            7-1-1
5   Springfield College                       9-0-1
6   Williams College                           6-2-1
7   Connecticut College                     6-2-0
8   Clark University                            9-1-0
9   Endicott College                           5-2-2
10   Tufts University                            4-3-2

Best of the rest (in no particular order):  Bowdoin (5-2-2), WPI (7-1-2), Coast Guard (7-2-1), Babson (5-4-2), Wentworth (7-2-3)

Conn obviously too low in this ranking . . .

blooter442

UMASS-Boston really has no composure. It may get them by lesser opponents but Babson has just been sitting in and inviting them to break them down and despite having chance after chance they have not had enough composure to do so. Make no mistake, Babson has played well, but they are not an Amherst/Williams/etc. and have lost three times at home this year. I thought UMB looked much more dynamic this year and overall better but just like last year's game they lost their heads once again the second they went down 1-0.

blooter442

Just as I say that, UMB ties it 1-1 on an indirect kick. Great shot, absolute blast that zoomed by the 'keeper.

blooter442

1-1 is the final. A result that both teams will likely be happy with: Babson gets a key result against a ranked opponent, while UMASS-Boston (partially) laid their Babson demons of last year to rest. Despite being outshot, Babson had several chances to go 2-0 up, and if it wasn't for the indirect kick UMB didn't look like scoring, so perhaps they'll be a bit disappointed in conceding an equalizer in the 84th minute. Either way, a good, competitive game that lived up to billing.

Side note: Babson's pitch looked awful from the feed.

blooter442

Brandeis gets its first win in a month, 2-1 at MIT. Judges went 1-0 up in the 7th minute on a goal from Jastremski - I was in the same place (and the shot was on the same goal) as Amherst's goal last week, and from my view it did appear as if he was possibly offsides, but no call. MIT tied it through Itani on a rebound after set piece shortly later. MIT was slightly the stronger in the first half without creating anything significant.

MIT kid put a really nice volley in the net midway through the second half, but the goal was waved back for offsides. Judges got a PK with 13 minutes later, definite pen, frosh GK Hoffer made a nice save on Jastremski's blast, but the player put it at a nice height, although it did have some good power. Then with 47 seconds left Flahive put in a really nice blast from 25 yards out, caught it really well, 2-1 and game. It did appear that Hoffer may have been beaten near post but the shot was very well struck so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Judges bossed the second half for the most part and deserved the win IMHO, although it was a well-contested and competitive game. It remains to be seen if the Judges will take some confidence from this, their first win since starting the year 3-0.

Mr.Right

Quote from: blooter442 on October 04, 2016, 05:46:58 PM
1-1 is the final. A result that both teams will likely be happy with: Babson gets a key result against a ranked opponent, while UMASS-Boston (partially) laid their Babson demons of last year to rest. Despite being outshot, Babson had several chances to go 2-0 up, and if it wasn't for the indirect kick UMB didn't look like scoring, so perhaps they'll be a bit disappointed in conceding an equalizer in the 84th minute. Either way, a good, competitive game that lived up to billing.

Side note: Babson's pitch looked awful from the feed.

I did not catch the game Bloots but the Shots and SOG and Corner stats really SURPRISED me. Based on the box score which I know is not easy to judge how the game really was but based on the box score I was shocked that UMASS Boston DOMINATED Babson all over the field in stats. I am going to watch on Saturday them play UMASS Dartmouth so I can see for my own eyes what they have this year. 7pm start

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on October 06, 2016, 11:54:06 PM
I did not catch the game Bloots but the Shots and SOG and Corner stats really SURPRISED me. Based on the box score which I know is not easy to judge how the game really was but based on the box score I was shocked that UMASS Boston DOMINATED Babson all over the field in stats. I am going to watch on Saturday them play UMASS Dartmouth so I can see for my own eyes what they have this year. 7pm start

Yeah UMB was all over Babson especially when pushing for the equalizer. The one thing that Babson had was composure and they scored with their first shot; UMB already had 9 by that point - 1 hit the bar and 1 was hacked off the line. Babson also had some periods where they had the ball and put some pressure on but UMB started to throw everything and they deserved the tie. Didn't see the foul which gave them the indirect which they scored from, it was in the box so I am guessing a backpass? Either way I think UMASS-Boston is better than last year, will be fun to see them play at MIT on the 19th.

blooter442

Wheaton up 3-0 at half over MIT. Apart from a couple of chances for MIT, Wheaton has been totally dominant. They have a few kids who can really play: Sesay is a big, physical striker who is quick too. Defense hasn't really been tested so can't tell if they've improved since losing 6-1 at Keene State, so should be a good second half.

Mr.Right

I like their #9 Frosh up top for Wheaton. They need a win bad for Newmac purposes and it looks like they will get one.

Mr.Right

0-0 Umass Boston v Umass Dartmouth....This game is pleasure to watch. Some nice skill from both team really, chippy as usual, and just some great flair on the field. I am just waiting for this ref to lose control and a fight to break out...

Mr.Right

1-0 Umass Boston on a left-footed RIP from 6'3 Frosh Williamson from Jamaica. He is a beast in the middle of the field, looks a tad over weight but what a strike.

Mr.Right

28 year old true Frosh Williamsom nets his 2nd goal and UMASS Boston up 2-0 on UMASS Dartmouth. 2nd Half has been sloppily played by both teams. UMASS Boston backs are very fast and skilled but not the mist physical and that could be a problem in the NCAA's.

Mr.Right

UMASS Dartmouth snags one back off a set piece header. GK needed to make that save...2-1 UMASS Boston

Mr.Right

Chaos finally erupts on the field as predicted the ref has lost control. UMASS Boston Williamson took his huge elbow and whacked a Dartnouth player in the mouth. Complete chaos on the field..Gotta love it

Mr.Right

Dartmouth ties it up 2-2 on a sick half-volley..UMASS Dartmouth has outplayed Boston in the 2nd Half. Now a UMASS Dartmouth player gets a straight RED for something off camera and are down to 10 men. Chippy game as predicted. You have to figure Boston will get a winner up a man but Dartmouth has outplayed them in the 2nd Half