WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foul_language

QuotePoint losing Kranz
What was the injury?

You know, when Superior played Point, Schultz was just back. She scored 26 against UW-Soup. Without Schultz, does Superior have a chance of taking that game? Jenny Carlson has had a couple of games with five 3-pointers. If the team had a starting five OR some depth, it might be a contender.

Here's my pitch to current high school seniors:
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to be guaranteed some playing time? Do you want to travel and see the northern parts of most of the mid-West? UW-Superior is the place to be.

Poised on the edge of the most superior of lakes, UW-Superior women's basketball has room to grow. Academics are good, the atmosphere is surprisingly warm, the fieldhouse is brand spanking new. Can't say much about the coaches, because we don't know who they are. (Coaches: do you want to make a difference...?)

Reply to this post. I'll point you to the website.

Is this against posting rules? Am I going to get yanked?

cubs

Quote from: wisconsinball on February 22, 2006, 03:24:20 PM
Hey shootfromthearc,  does RUGBY count as playing a sport before???
Maybe I am just reading a little into this, but wasn't there a former poster on hear by the name of RUGBY??? 
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

BDB

Quote from: foul_language on February 22, 2006, 04:12:10 PM

Here's my pitch to current high school seniors:
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to be guaranteed some playing time? Do you want to travel and see the northern parts of most of the mid-West? UW-Superior is the place to be.

Poised on the edge of the most superior of lakes, UW-Superior women's basketball has room to grow. Academics are good, the atmosphere is surprisingly warm, the fieldhouse is brand spanking new. Can't say much about the coaches, because we don't know who they are. (Coaches: do you want to make a difference...?)

Reply to this post. I'll point you to the website.

That's probably the most recruiting UW-Superior has had all year.  ;)

badgerwarhawk

What do you mean the atmosphere is surprisingly warm FL?  I knew a guy who went to Superior once.  He told me that one time it got so cold that he never left his dorm room for three days.  I think he flunked out though. ;)   
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Just Bill

Quote from: foul_language on February 22, 2006, 04:12:10 PM

I don't know if its expressly against the rules, but I know that Pat doesn't usually like posters pumping the audience for recruits.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

shootfromthearc

Mmmmmmm, Rugby, now there's a sport. Now only if we could get Wagner back on here.

BWH - you're a moron. Nuff said.

wisconsinball

and I always thought of Rugby as the sport for those who cold not make the varsity college teams...........................

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: shootfromthearc on February 22, 2006, 05:28:21 PM

BWH - you're a moron. Nuff said.

Thanks, considering the source that makes me a mental giant.   :D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

buf

cubs-

Yeah, there was a poster on here named Rugby, a Point fan.  Don't know what happened to him/her.

Point 26
UWO 24
Half

UWO had a 19-10 lead.  Looking at the boxscore it looks like Knapp has performed by far the best for UWO.  She has 15pts, including 3-3 on 3s and 7rebs.  The problem is she has 3 fouls.  Next scoring leader is Eggers with 5pts but she needs 7 shots to get it.  Herrick and Garman each with 2pts and that is it for UWO.  Nuenfeld leads Point with 9pts but Schulz with 0pts.

Stout up over UWL at the half by 5 or so.  The lead was up to 12 but UWL with a little run before the half.

buf

Correction:

Stout 35
UWL 24
Half

Duoss with 11pts for Stout

Johnson with 8 for UWL

buf

Point 48
UWO 43
12min

Knapp has 17pts but 4 fouls.  However, freshman Roberts has 3 3s in the 2nd half for UWO.  Schultz has 7pts in the 2nd.

buf

Point 68
UWO 58
Final

UWO:
Knapp 19pts, 8rebs, fouled out
Eggers 14pts, 4-17 FGs
Herrick 10pts 6rebs

Point:
Neuenfeld 19pts
Houghton 14pts
Lechault 10pts 10rebs

Interesting stat:

UWO was 8-20 on 3s (40%), 12-42 on 2s (28%).
Tough to win when you only shoot 28% on your 2-point shots.

Stout 69
UWL 57
1:00 min left

padmofu

The Titan game was tough to watch. The way this one started you would have thought it was going to be a 20+ point win for UWO. Student fan support was sad at best for a game of this importance and a school this size. Congrats to the seniors for their impressive careers and a great season.

foul_language

Two good things: I don't have any real credentials to recruit and I don't make predictions for a living.

Won't venture a guess about Saturday, but I know it will be entertaining. To preserve the future peace, I also won't comment on the coaching.

Fierce battle in Menomonie tonight.

Just Bill

I'm glad we will get to see a SP vs. Stout game with both Schultz and Duoss playing.  I feel like the first two games were poor indicators because of the injuries at the time.  SP doesn't have Kranz, but I don't think she makes as big of an impact as Schultz.

My pick - Stout 72, SP 68, in a great game.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.