WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Champ

Well, it was a great time to be a UW Stout Runnin' Lady Blue Devil fan last night!!!

Yup, things did get a little dicey in the second half, but two team leaders, Molly Hendricks and Kelsey Duoss, decided that they weren't done playing BB this year.

Duoss tied the game up at 62 all with her first of 2 from the charity stripe at 6:32.  Her second went in also to give Stout a lead they wouldn't relinquish.

At 5:40, Duoss got another rebound, and 10 seconds later on an assist by Savanah Oeltjen Kelsey popped a sweet little jumper to put the lead at three.

In the final 5 minutes of the game:

Molly Hendricks scored two 3 pointers and a pair of FT's to outscore the entire Simpson team.  In the last 30 seconds she had two steals.

Duoss also added 4 points and a pair of blocks during this stretch.

Both Duoss and Hendricks finished the night with 19 points.  Molly also added 10 rebounds, 9 assists, and 5 steals while Kelsey had 5 boards and 6 blocks.

buf

Stout plays in Tacoma, Washington this upcoming weekend.

Champ-

Are you going???

foul_language

http://www.rmc.edu/athletics/basketball/womens/BBstats/2006/teamcume.htm

Randolph-Macon scoring leader seems to be an all-around player who may pass or shoot successfully; rebounds well--how can a team get that many rebounds in a season?--and gets plenty of steals. Does she need anyone else on the court?

Of course, I haven't looked at their level of competition, but with 27 wins, they likely have dealt with a little of everything.

How is it that Rochester comes into the tournament 18-1? Do they leave non-conference games out of the record?

Season records are an interesting mix. I guess it's time to try to figure out that Massey rating thing.

Molly Hendricks was a phenomenon Saturday night against Simpson. Looks like she might be on a mission. Hope it ends well in Springfield, Mass.

The Champ

Quote from: buf on March 05, 2006, 03:01:50 PM
Stout plays in Tacoma, Washington this upcoming weekend.

Champ-

Are you going???

Would love to go.  But Mrs. Champ flies to work, and won't return from this week's assignment until 6:00 PM on Friday... :(

We'll have to listen to listen via the web.

I haven't seen where the game times were listed.  If they ran things like Simpson did, Stout would play Randolph Macon in the early game which would mean about 7:30 PM our time.

Anyone know for sure?

stoutguy

Early game is all that has been determined.   I am looking forward to seeing our women again after doing the men's "near miss" in Moline last week.  We fly out sometime Thursday.  It seems like our senior leader Molly Hendricks is on a mission to not have this season end and whenever I hear that a team is dominated by one player who is not a post player like our opponent this week I smile and think, "She has not seen Molly yet".

The Champ

Quote from: stoutguy on March 06, 2006, 08:32:55 AM
It seems like our senior leader Molly Hendricks is on a mission to not have this season end and whenever I hear that a team is dominated by one player who is not a post player like our opponent this week I smile and think, "She has not seen Molly yet".

SG

You would have really enjoyed watching Molly on Saturday night.  There was one scramble for a loose ball near the end of the game (I think Molly was the reason it was loose too...) that was ultimately determined to be a jump ball.  You should have seen the grin on her face as she picked herself up off the floor... ;D

I had Molly's mom sitting right in front of me, and we both turned to each other and high 5'ed!  We both knew that Molly was having fun!!!

I'll be looking forward to listening to your internet feed on Friday, and hopefully Saturday nights!!!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.  Wish Mrs. Champ and I could be out there with you and the team.

BDB

Fox Sports North will be replaying the WIAC Tournament Championships games this weekend:

Womens Championship Sat. March 11th - 1:00pm

Men's Championship Sun. March 12th - 5:00pm

foul_language

Hope they replay the WIAC championship games as often as they replayed last years DIII championship games. I think I'm the only one who knows how to run the DVD/VCR recorder, and I'm hoping to be gone.

Looking out on the soggy, sort of sickly snow and wondering if this is what Tacoma looks like this time of year. Are the whales running? How is mass transit between Seattle and Tacoma sites? Shorts or long johns? Nor'easter or sun screen?

Are there advance ticket sales? or, like Simpson, school is counting on capacity not to be reached--although it very nearly was Friday night.

So many questions; so little time.

BDB

Quote from: foul_language on March 06, 2006, 04:35:45 PM
Hope they replay the WIAC championship games as often as they replayed last years DIII championship games. I think I'm the only one who knows how to run the DVD/VCR recorder, and I'm hoping to be gone.

Foul,

I would bet the replay is a one time thing, so you better learn how to set the timer on your VCR.

Or at least teach the cat how to do it.  :)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: foul_language on March 05, 2006, 07:05:38 PM
Randolph-Macon scoring leader seems to be an all-around player who may pass or shoot successfully; rebounds well--how can a team get that many rebounds in a season?--and gets plenty of steals. Does she need anyone else on the court?

She does need other people. Someone has to inbound the ball to her. But Megan Silva is one of the top players in Division III. The only time I've seen her have an off game was in last year's title game after she hurt her wrist in the semifinals.

Quote from: foul_language on March 05, 2006, 07:05:38 PM
How is it that Rochester comes into the tournament 18-1? Do they leave non-conference games out of the record?

This is why people should use our bracket instead of the NCAA's. We care about getting the facts right.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

foul_language

QuoteThis is why people should use our bracket instead of the NCAA's. We care about getting the facts right.
I sense a message in there...

I'm just amazed at the rebounding statistics for R-M. I should take the time to see what their shot percentage is; one would be tempted to believe they pad the numbers by missing a few shots in order to get more rebounds. Doesn't seem like a sound game plan, unless you're just toying with other teams.

I'm impressed with Stout's recent second-half play. They easily could have folded against Simpson's resurgence Saturday night, but they didn't. I think Kelsey Duoss in the game forces defenses to collapse inside, and of course that leaves the perimeter open to shoot. Duoss, then, is not only a potent force inside, she's also a wonderful decoy. A team COULD ignore her, but to its peril.

Amanda Geissler shows absolutely no fear or hesitation bringing the ball up, and that has to annoy an opponent. She and Lindsey work well together, and the entire starting ten is geling.

Will R-M be the toughest opponent of the weekend? I've been so dazzled by all the print on them that I failed to look at anyone else. That's probably good: don't look past the first game until you GET past the first game.

foul_language

It's eerily quiet out here. Where is everybody?

Voice of the Titans

How many other WIAC fans are rooting for Stout? Just curious.
We started that WRST Sports sh**.

foul_language

Of course, I can't represent myself as 'other WIAC fans', but in an effort to break the silence, I'd like to suggest that the farther Stout goes, the better WIAC teams look over all.

We all know that on any given night, any WIAC team can beat any other WIAC team. Sometimes, it's not a matter of who plays better but rather who's ahead at the final buzz.

I hope WIAC gets behind Stout this year--and truthfully, I hope Stout is out front for the next couple of years for WIAC to get behind; unabashed bias--and I hope Stout joins the rest if a different WIAC team moves up the brackets in the future.

Sort of WIAC patriotism.

buf

This blugold fan will be rooting for Stout!!!