WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiac482002

Tonight's games should be a preview of what the WIAC has to offer for us this season.  Stout at EC, Whitewater at LAX, Oshkosh at Point, Superior at RF.

Previews for tonights games:  I'm just putting them out there so hopefully I will be right once scores are all completed tonight.

If EC can find ANYONE to shut down Duoss....I mean hold her under 20 they will do a good job.  Geissler is shooting 1-18 behind "3" so if she gets hot look out, but so far through the season things aren't looking too good for her.  Stout has some Freshman that could have big games possibly, but Zorn arena may prove a bit overwhelming this early for them in the season.  EC needs to have Burns, Arciszewski, and Hakanson all have big games along with another surprise from either Zenner, Muggenburg, or Fremsted.  Should be a good game, but in end its really the Duoss Variable that controls this game.                 Stout by 8

Oshkosh has had some good games so far this season but has yet to really be tested on the road.  Point will do very well against an inexperienced Oshkosh team and playing on the road you can really see the flaws come out.  Point by 15

Whitewater has come on late with the addition of some transfers, and LAX is struggling just getting a "W" and since homecourt seems to never matter there or not this game is a toss up.  Hopefully Hunter has a good game for LAX, they need her to step up and lead.  LAX by 5

River Falls has an experienced team compared to Superior although Superior has added some decent new faces to this team.  The traveling down to RF may prove a little challenging on the Yellowjackets.......RF by 10

crazy4hoops

My picks....

This will be a good game but I see Stout by 10 in the end

I don't think Oshkosh has enough players that can stay with the experienced Pointers...Point by 20+

WW has the tendancy to play bad on the road but I don't see them getting blown out.....LaX by 1 or 2....

RF has always seemed like a tough place to play  but I think Superior is excited with a new coach and a new future....I don't see them winning....but it isn't a blow out either.....RF by 5

Looks like some good match ups right off the bat!

Congrats to Stout and Point for moving up in the top 25!!

bulk19

crazy4hoops and wiac482002

Interesting thoughts/comments on tonight's games... Yep, the schedule has some great matchups for the WIAC openers, but then again, the way things shake out in this conference, you never know what's going to happen on any given night. That's what's exciting/great about this league...

Re the Stout/UWEC matchup, my take is, as a Blugold fan:
No question, UWEC can not get burried early in the first half, like they seemed to do quite a bit last year, then had to expend so much energy trying to get back into games... They need to stick around at half, and then anything is possible in the last 20 minutes...

Need to hit some 3s, too, so they can open the inside up. I think the 'Golds are 1-5 during the Duoss's years? The obvious would be to hope the 'Golds can get her into foul trouble by making her work on D. And maybe the new Blugold transfers, who don't know about this rivalry, won't be "intimidated" and don't know any better that Stout should win this game on paper... If one of them can have a good game, or someone off the bench can have a big game....

Lots of ifs and cliches here, but...  ;)

I'm hoping for a packed Zorn arena tonight, a good game, and a 'Golds upset...

Just Bill

Good thoughts and predictions, all of you.  Most of my reasons for my picks are the same as yours above, so I'll just give the short version:

Stout by 10
Point by 15
La Crosse by 7
River Falls by 12
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Just Bill

In case you are interested, you can get the radio broadcast and live stats for SP/OSH over the web at UWSP's website.

Pointers lead 27-12 at halftime.

Neuenfeldt leads Point with 8, Abitz has 5 for Oshkosh.

Point shooting 46%, Oshkosh shooting 15%.

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

crazy4hoops

Thanks for the updates on the Point/Osh game.....sounds like Oshkosh goes final 8:17 of the half with out scoring.......and yet they are only losing by 15 thanks to 10 TO"s by Point......let's hope that stat changes in the second half

Just Bill

UWSP broadcaster just said EC leads Stout 25-17 at half.  Going to EC site to check...

crazy4hoops

LAX over WW 27-23

Just Bill

Quote from: Just Bill on November 29, 2006, 08:56:14 PM
UWSP broadcaster just said EC leads Stout 25-17 at half.  Going to EC site to check...

Confirmed.  Sounds like neither team can buy a bucket.  EC has made more free throws.  Second half underway.

Just Bill

EC leads Stout 45-25!

crazy4hoops

GO EC!!!!!

Osh starting to cut the lead.....43-32....

anyone heard on RF/SUP game?

crazy4hoops

RF over SUP by 42??? is that what i heard?

Just Bill

Point pushes the lead back to 15 with 2:15 to go.

EC was up 18 on Stout with about 3 minutes to go.

Just Bill

EC finishes off Stout 59-44.  Big win for the Blugolds!

Point downs Oshkosh 57-41.  Neuenfeldt leads Point with 13, Heuer adds 10. Kranz would get a double-double if this was horsehoes or hand grenades with 9 pts and 9 rebs.  For the Titans, Abitz socres 14 on 6-6 shooting, Tyriver scores 12, but only two field goals.  Didn't sound like a work of art, but Pointers finish it off.

Area of concern: Pointers shoot a Shaquille-like 46% from the free throw line.

EagleAlum

La Crosse leads WW by 3 with 45 seconds left