Division III basketball (Posting Up) > Region 9 women's basketball

WBB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

<< < (11/11)

Baldini:
This is like twilight zone stuff!

The UMAC women are now 6-0 against the MIAC with another 3-0 mark tonight.

Crown 86, St. Scholastica 76
Bethany Lutheran 76, Augsburg 59
Northwestern 69, Hamline 62

Jester1390:
I watched the Hamline game tonight my daughter has 2 high school teammates on the team.  Hard fought game losing in overtime. Bethany might be the real deal this girl HANNA GEISTFELD is a tremendous player.  I will get to see her play in the north park  tournament my daughters team is in same tournament but they dont play each other.

also watch Jay Kaweth who was one of my favorite players to coach always positive and the best athlete i have ever coached.  Never played before coming to me when in 7th grade and she was the best defender the second she stepped on court. Her mom was worried about her offense but i told her not to worry it would come later and it appears she has figured out her offense in college. I have met her coach on a visit to Morris and the coach impressed me and was very nice

North central should be able to compete with the Talso sisters i know well the older one played against my daughter 2 times a year great battles of really good players  not on great teams. Best game my daughter had in high school was against Jocelyn in a overtime game scoring 32 and Jocelyn had 26.  Their high school coach was very good and did well with the limited depth he had

Shout out to Jasmine Choi another one of my former players playing for Carleton and she scored 13 pts in her college debut against Bethany

gordonmann:
I know Bethany Lutheran lost to St. benedict yesterday, but I'm excited to see what the Vikings can do. Geistfeld is a stud who puts up "stupid good" numbers, but that team is more than her. They have good size and play really hard. They beat a good UWO team on a neutral court and would be a handful in the NCAA Tournament. Plus they are playing a really good schedule. Looking forward to Simpson/Bethany Lutheran in a couple weeks.

Baldini:

--- Quote from: gordonmann on November 14, 2021, 02:16:54 pm ---I know Bethany Lutheran lost to St. benedict yesterday, but I'm excited to see what the Vikings can do. Geistfeld is a stud who puts up "stupid good" numbers, but that team is more than her. They have good size and play really hard. They beat a good UWO team on a neutral court and would be a handful in the NCAA Tournament. Plus they are playing a really good schedule. Looking forward to Simpson/Bethany Lutheran in a couple weeks.

--- End quote ---

Agree that Bethany Lutheran is probably a step above the top teams in the UMAC in most years, they have a real chance to win a game(s) in the tournament.

The UMAC has come back to earth a bit and are now 8-6 against the MIAC and I believe their is only 2 games remaining between the two this season. Don't believe the UMAC has ever bested the MIAC for a season... in anything.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version