Women's World Cup

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 07, 2007, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Wally

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on July 10, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
Quote from: Gray Fox on July 10, 2011, 12:21:43 AM
Has anyone else noticed that there is no flopping and the refs are better in the women's WC.

Not real certain about the refs (there have been some howlers), but you're certainly correct about the flopping.  NO flopping might be an overstatement, but WAY below what the men do.

Agree, Ypsi...the relative lack of flopping clearly improves the flow of the game.

Mr. Ypsi

USA benefitted from an own-goal in like the second minute, and leads Brazil 1-0 at the half.

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Joe Wally on July 10, 2011, 10:34:18 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on July 10, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
Has anyone else noticed that there is no flopping and the refs are better in the women's WC.

Not real certain about the refs (there have been some howlers), but you're certainly correct about the flopping.  NO flopping might be an overstatement, but WAY below what the men do.

Agree, Ypsi...the relative lack of flopping clearly improves the flow of the game.
Flopping is the real turnoff for me concerning soccer!

pg04

I think for the first time ever, Women's Soccer just made me scream.  Actually, I think I got more excited for Abby's goal than mostly anything the men's team has done!

Mr. Ypsi

A tying goal in stoppage time of overtime can do that to a guy! ;D

dahlby

OMG...It is too exciting. Congrads USA.

Mr. Ypsi

USA makes all 5 PKs - WE WIN!!! (5-3)

What a luxury to have the best GK in the world! ;D

sac

Well that was simply unreal.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on July 10, 2011, 02:15:57 PM
USA makes all 5 PKs - WE WIN!!! (5-3)

What a luxury to have the best GK in the world! ;D
And the best looking one, too.

The two minute "flop" - fake injury - gave the USA the extra time they needed to tie the score.

Great game.
Fierce When Roused

woacfan

In the final minutes Brazil looked like they were in swimming pool!  So much for the "no flopping".

You can always count on the USWNT to be classy.  They were fantastic.  As cynical as one can be, you can't help but be proud to be an American with those women representing us.... Well done!  Go USA!!!!!!
"We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" - Brian Clough

Warren Thompson

While the officiating in the women's World Cup might, overall, be better than in the men's version, today in USA v. Brazil there were calls that could possibly constitute some serious exceptions to that claim.

WLCALUM83

Anybody think Buehler being out for the next match will hurt the US too much?

woacfan

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on July 10, 2011, 05:06:23 PM
Anybody think Buehler being out for the next match will hurt the US too much?
Raechel is a good player and the defense (for a team predicated on defense) is a tad thin.  Let's hope they can come up with some more magic.  France has been the surprise team of the tournament. 

woacfan

In about 3 hours USWNT takes to the pitch... For those who are fans of women's soccer let's hope for another roller coaster game and a US win!!  For fans of women's soccer with heart problems  a US win will do!!!!  GO USA!!! ;D