Mr.Rights Thoughts

Started by Mr.Right, November 26, 2014, 11:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Right

Since I cannot be engaged anymore by some of these eggheads, I will engage myself from time to time. Current D3 happenings, D3 history, Nescac, New England Soccer and all NCAA talk.

Mr.Right

I miss the coaching carousel that this site used to do. Other sports do it so why not this site? There are some top jobs in D3 that need to be filled this offseason and this topic gets my blood moving.

Corazon

Mr. Right, when do you think Williams will announce their new coach?

FourMoreYears

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 26, 2014, 11:37:50 AM
Since I cannot be engaged anymore by some of these eggheads, I will engage myself from time to time. Current D3 happenings, D3 history, Nescac, New England Soccer and all NCAA talk.

I look forward to the discussion, as well as you assigning yourself karma points.  ;D

Christan Shirk

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 26, 2014, 11:40:06 AM
I miss the coaching carousel that this site used to do. Other sports do it so why not this site? There are some top jobs in D3 that need to be filled this offseason and this topic gets my blood moving.

Should I take that as you volunteering to join the D3soccer.com staff to head up the Coaching Carousel?   ;)
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com

KnightFalcon

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on November 26, 2014, 11:56:34 AM
Big news....interesting timing

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2014/11/24/MSOC_1124140757.aspx     
Completely agree - WHY on earth would you announce a new coach when the outgoing coach just led the team to the Final 4? Shouldn't all of the focus be on the team and the coach? Why draw attention away from that accomplishment? I don't get it.

Corazon

Flying Weasel

Timing is odd, but it will have no effect on the team and how they do in the Final Four.  And maybe rather than sit on the news for 2 weeks asking everyone to keep a lid on it (knowing the word would probably get out anyway), it was better to put it out there early in the 2-week break between Sectionals and Final Four.  Leaves plenty of time for the focus to return to this year's team.  By Black Friday or Saturday this will be old news, and it's back to the Final Four run.  I don't see it as a big deal, even if a little odd.

Mr.Right

Corazon,

Williams will have the coach named I believe before Christmas break. I have heard they have whittled it down to 4 solid candidates. They will bring them in the first two weeks of December put them through the ringer and then decide. Should be interesting but with Rashid back next year and a very solid class that Russo brought in himself  they will be all set. The one issue is they have 9 seniors graduating. That is quite a big number and all of them have played a part the past 4 years, some more than others. Unfortunately, most of the seniors besides Grady really struggled at times this year which is what led to the off year. Next years senior class is most likely 3 or 4 players as you would have Danilack, Grumann, Ritter and maybe Westling. Personally I feel this "cleaning house" of sorts of this years class will help move the transition along nicely.

Mr.Right

Quote from: Christan Shirk on November 26, 2014, 01:00:43 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on November 26, 2014, 11:40:06 AM

Should I take that as you volunteering to join the D3soccer.com staff to head up the Coaching Carousel?   ;)

Haha I realize you guys are really busy with family and the like but that was a great feature to keep tabs on coaches and programs

Mr.Right

Quote from: 4231CenterBack on November 26, 2014, 11:56:34 AM
Big news....interesting timing

http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2014/11/24/MSOC_1124140757.aspx     

This is an excellent hire for this program. Former player, D3 head coaching experience and a similar type school, D1 assistant, young and experience in recruiting this type of player. I am befuddled by the timing but I assume the head coach gave his ok and I would be willing to bet he is out there now or at the very least will be in KC. I remember talking to the Gordon AD a while back and praising this kid for turning this once dormant program into something worth talking about before the next guy built it even more.

PaulNewman

Mr.Right, congrats on your latest new thread.  Narcissism personified.

I do have a serious question for you that I hope you won't mind answering.

Why are you privy to private information about what student-athletes are admitted/not admitted and desired/not desired by certain colleges, and similarly why are you privy to highly confidential information and who and how many candidates are being interviewed for a coaching job?

Either you are posing and know nothing, OR, worse, you are hooked into such information via coaches, athletic directors, admissions directors, etc, and they have trusted you with such information, and you have then violated their trust by posting the information on a very public website.  Which is it?  Or would you maintain that they have no problem at all with you publicly posting such information?

Mr.Right

Neither...I talk to a lot of people "in the know" in New England. Do I know the candidates? NO...I could guess a couple but I do not know specifics..If you do not like my posts I do not force you to read them. You were SO upset that I ruined YOUR conversation last time I decided to talk to myself or other non-eggheads that wish to talk. END OF STORY. I am done responding to these attacks

PaulNewman

It's a very fair question, Mr.Right, and your reply was non-responsive.

You have presented yourself as knowing (for a fact) very confidential information about college admissions and who coaches wanted or did not want regarding specific student-athletes.  You certainly did not present your information as rumor.  No one outside of the coaches and admissions departments would know that type of information (as fact), so asking you to back up your claims is fair.  Moreover, you have not explained how publishing such alleged accurate information of such a confidential nature on a public website like this is 1) not a violation of someone's trust on the one hand; and 2) aside from those violations of trust, not an ethical violation of the privacy of 18, 19, and 20 year old kids.

Not to mention that if anyone else had presented similar information you would be the first to demand accountability.