FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

DelVal's own Rasheed Bailey re-signed by the Philadelphia Eagles!!!

GillCJ1

Looks like Alvernia has found its first head football coach.  Ralph Clark, who comes by the way of D-II Seton Hill where he was their DC and Recruiting Coordinator.

https://twitter.com/d3football/status/817101375557529604
http://athletics.alvernia.edu/news/2017/1/4/ralph-clark-named-inaugural-head-football-coach-at-alvernia-university.aspx
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

tweisman5

Any idea how the conference will be constructed in 2018 when Alvernia begins playing? Will there be a conference championship game if the round robin schedule currently in place gets removed?
Go Mustangs!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: tweisman5 on January 07, 2017, 09:19:43 PM
Any idea how the conference will be constructed in 2018 when Alvernia begins playing? Will there be a conference championship game if the round robin schedule currently in place gets removed?

When Alvernia initially announced football the conference said it would have a 2018 conference schedule in the coming months.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wone3

Quote from: tweisman5 on December 09, 2016, 01:12:14 AM
Recently watch the end of season Week 12 coaches corner video with Stevenson University head coach Ed Hottle. He discussed the season accomplishments, experience of program first NCAA playoff, and the legacy of this year's senior class. The interesting tidbit I picked up in the video was around the 7:25 minute mark in the video. Hottle mentioned that the season opener for the 2017 season will be against a team that finished this season 10-1 and likely a top 25 team in the final poll. After searching through the NCAA D3 program standings, I only found one team that has a 10-1 record, Frostburg St. This isn't what I was told by anyone, but from the clues I found, it suggest that we could see a 2017 Week 1 matchup of Stevenson vs. Frostburg St. I'm really excited because Hottle referenced the next step for the program is to challenge themselves with a stronger quality opponent! Frostburg St. would definitely be a great matchup to open the season. Curious to see if the matchup will be at home for Stevenson. Already looking forward to the 2017 season, Go Mustangs!

If this is the case I LOVE this move on a couple of levels. Better out of conference game against a good conference based on last year. Also gets even more fun in my family household as my girlie's grandparents ( my folks) are Frostburg alum. Certainly would get them over for the home game in week 1. ;)

tweisman5

Quote from: wone3 on February 25, 2017, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: tweisman5 on December 09, 2016, 01:12:14 AM
Recently watch the end of season Week 12 coaches corner video with Stevenson University head coach Ed Hottle. He discussed the season accomplishments, experience of program first NCAA playoff, and the legacy of this year's senior class. The interesting tidbit I picked up in the video was around the 7:25 minute mark in the video. Hottle mentioned that the season opener for the 2017 season will be against a team that finished this season 10-1 and likely a top 25 team in the final poll. After searching through the NCAA D3 program standings, I only found one team that has a 10-1 record, Frostburg St. This isn't what I was told by anyone, but from the clues I found, it suggest that we could see a 2017 Week 1 matchup of Stevenson vs. Frostburg St. I'm really excited because Hottle referenced the next step for the program is to challenge themselves with a stronger quality opponent! Frostburg St. would definitely be a great matchup to open the season. Curious to see if the matchup will be at home for Stevenson. Already looking forward to the 2017 season, Go Mustangs!

If this is the case I LOVE this move on a couple of levels. Better out of conference game against a good conference based on last year. Also gets even more fun in my family household as my girlie's grandparents ( my folks) are Frostburg alum. Certainly would get them over for the home game in week 1. ;)

After searching, I've found some sources that can confirm my earlier stated belief regarding the schedule. According to a picture from a Stevenson University football player and the team Hudl page, the following will be the 2017 schedule:

W1 (8/31 at 7pm): at Frostburg St.
W2 (9/9 at 1pm): vs. King's
W3 (9/16 at 1pm): at FDU
W4 (9/23 at 1pm): at Delaware Valley
W5 (9/30 at 1pm): vs. Misericordia
W6: Bye
W7 (10/14 at 1pm): at Lebanon Valley
W8 (10/21 at 1pm): vs. Albright
W9 (10/28 at 1pm): vs. Widener
W10 (11/4 at 1pm): at Wilkes
W11 (11/11 at 1pm): vs. Lycoming

Go Mustangs!

wone3

Very cool and based on that Homecoming will be either Albright or Widener ( I'd lay odds on Albright based on previous dates).

I also know cause of Girlie and the band page that they are planning massed band day on 9/30; which is smart cause if history prevails that game will get ugly early probably. They'll need something to hold the crowd.

bman

Wondering who Widener won't play, based on the add...although I probably should check the schedule prior to this comment... :P

Pat Coleman

Quote from: bman on March 20, 2017, 11:06:35 PM
Wondering who Widener won't play, based on the add...although I probably should check the schedule prior to this comment... :P

Widener doesn't have its schedule posted, but we do:
http://www.d3football.com/teams/Widener/2017/index
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 21, 2017, 02:17:31 PM

Thanks as always Pat!  I did notice that they are short a couple of games.  I guess there are a couple of games to firm up...

Pat Coleman

Quote from: bman on March 24, 2017, 03:46:30 PM

Thanks as always Pat!  I did notice that they are short a couple of games.  I guess there are a couple of games to firm up...

No, there's 10 on this schedule as of when I posted the link.

bman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 24, 2017, 04:40:31 PM
Quote from: bman on March 24, 2017, 03:46:30 PM

No, there's 10 on this schedule as of when I posted the link.

Thanks I guess it's my phone...I'll have to check the PC.

bman

So no more two a days with full contact....
What a sad pathetic little nation we have become...
...but I don't think they mentioned anything about 3 a days...:)

Hank Mardukas

Breaking News:

The Johns Hopkins vs Muhlenberg game will be televised on ESPN 3 this year. Both teams have been the two most dominant teams in their conference but both teams are also experiencing much turnover.
And on the eighth day, God created the Centennial Conference

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Hank Mardukas on April 20, 2017, 08:50:25 AM
Breaking News:

The Johns Hopkins vs Muhlenberg game will be televised on ESPN 3 this year. Both teams have been the two most dominant teams in their conference but both teams are also experiencing much turnover.

You should post this in the Centennial Conference room in the South Region. That should be interesting to see.