WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcbball1

Whats with all the Eureka/Rockford talk?  It's only a match-up of the 1st and 2nd place teams in conference and if Rockford wins then they clinch at least a share of the conference title.  Not to mention their final 2 games are against Clarke and Dominican who are 6th and 7th in the conference.  Eureka already beat Rockford once and if they do it again they have an advantage over them in the standings. Rockford is a team whose record is 17-5 and they beat a Hope team that was ranked in the preseason top 25 and is back in the top 25 with only 2 losses on the season.  Turn Rockford's record around and what do you get???  Thats right, the record of your Aurora team who has not won a game outside of the NIIC this season.

JustBallin

Aurora did that last year...(wait, maybe they won 1 or 2 non-conference games last year)...

Hmmm...Remember what happened last year..?

Don't think a point needs to be proven there...

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

auballer

Aurora is peaking at the right time.  It is extremely hard to go to Eureka and pull out a victory.  Just look at Rockford and Benedictine, they both lost at EC.  AU has a good chance at winning their last three games and finishing with an 8-4 conference record.  Gaining steam for the conference tourney

eaglepride

My Eagles played awful on Tuesday, just one of those games.  BU will turn it around before the tourney starts.  Nothing to worry about!  As for Aurora, every team has its day.  Rockford-Eureka, big game!  I would have to give the edge to RC at home but Eureaka's Reardon will be a tough matchup for them.  She could light them up!    

rcbball1

Aurora had much some better players last year than this years team does.  Look at some of the non-conference oppenents that Aurora and Rockford had in common.  Aurora lost to UW-Oshkosh by 30 and Hope by 50.  Meanwhile, Rockford beat Hope and was leading Oshkosh the entire game until the last minute losing by 2.  Last year was last year and that is in the past now.  Both teams are different and Rockford is a much improved team from last year.  Good luck at getting 8 conference wins cause the rest of your schedule is not that easy.

auballer

The only thing that will matter is who will be still playing during the first week of March. A handful of teams have a chance at winning the conference tourney.  

Non-Conference doesn't mean much, the real season starts on Feb. 21.  Seven teams will start, but only one will finish.  I have a feeling AU has a good shot at repeating last years run.

JustBallin

You're right eaglepride, EVERY team has it's day...Too bad Aurora didn't just have "A DAY", this past week...

Hopefully yours will come again soon.

Again, good luck to everyone today.

eaglepride

Sorry-"A week"!  Aurora had a good week.  I'm not taking anything from them, they are winning, so congrats to them.  I am glad to see there are "bandwagon" fans still around though.  All year you have been bad mouthing your squad and all of a sudden, they win a few games, and your talking like they are the conference favorites.  Why is that?  Good luck to everyone.

auballer

AU! AU! AU!  The great week continues.  I told everyone at the beginning of the year that Aurora comes on strong at the end of the year. Same story different year.  The tough non-conference schedule pays off. I can't wait until the tourney starts.  AU should be a huge threat to everyone in conference. AU! AU! AU!

clarkkellogg

Haven't seen a Maranatha game this year, but I must say I'm shocked at what these women are doing. Coach Mo deserves a season like this, and so does Alicia Michaelsen after her injuries. I always looked forward to what her and Kim Bond would do on the same team, and apparently there's more to the team than just those two. Anyone who's seen the team in action, I'd love to hear your take.

JustBallin

Aurora wrapped up the week by having another "DAY", yesterday evening, defeating Concordia @ home by 3 in overtime.  Congrats ladies.  Good luck with Eureka, again on Tuesday.

Hmmm... How about all year a lot of people have been "bad mouthing" Aurora.  The only time I "bad mouthed"(if that's what you want to call it) this team, was when they lost to rockford, and quite frankly, they would have "bad mouthed" themselves for the way they played that night.  Heck, everyone would have actually.  Because they had so much more potential than the way they played against them @ home.  All Year..?  I think you're definitely mistaken, but nice try anyway.  People have been on here totally doubting Aurora from the start, ever since the displays they have been showing during non-conference.  Only ones here that still had faith in them, just so happened to be the ones with ties to the school (Auballer, and myself).  And as far as conference favorites go...Have you seen the standings lately?  Looks like Rockford has that wrapped up with the win against Eureka last night.  The battle for second is still on, so hold up when you say "conference favorites."  If it's a crime to enjoy the fact that a team is playing quite well right now, and they deserve some praise for it, because they sure as heck aren't getting it from anywhere else, then please, let me know.  You're right..."All of a sudden, they win a few games"
And look now...

A three way tie for second...

I'd say those few games you are speaking of, are the few that have definitely counted right now.

NIIC-Good Luck this week.

JustBallin

Big games tomorrow for some teams!  Aurora has home court advantage when they play Eureka, just after playing them 6 days before.  Eureka's coming off of 2 straight losses this past week, so they're gonna be looking for some revenge, look for that one to be a great game between two good teams (GO SPARTANS! http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>).  Concordia has home court advantage against Benedictine (who is also looking for some revenge, after losing to Concordia on their home court in their first meeting), which should be a good rematch as well.  While both of these games should indeed be very good ones, Rockford should not have too much trouble @ home against Clarke.

regentpal

Regents have to keep up the pressure. You have one the conference but you have to keep momentum into next week. Play hard this week, you still have to get to 20 wins for the NCAA just in case you dont win the tourney. It's nice to have home court thruoghout the tourney. You have played well at home this season.

auballer

There will only be 1 team in the NIIC that will make the NCAA tourney and that will be the winner of the conference tourney.  There is no way RC will make the NCAA tourney if they fail to win the conf. tourney.  The NIIC is just too weak to get 2 teams in the field.

JustBallin

It was a very hard fought game between two very excellent conference teams tonight, Eureka came out on top to beat Aurora by one in OT.  A very well played game for both teams, but it ultimately came down to who could shoot free throws in the end. Aurora now has to battle again this saturday with BU, to have a chance at getting 3rd place in the conference standings (I think this is correct, both teams, AU and BU, will need this win to get 3rd?).

It'll be an exciting finish to the end.

Oh, and congrats to Jessica Reardon, for breaking the scoring record and becoming the all time leading scorer @ Eureka.