East Region Playoff Discussion

Started by pg04, November 10, 2006, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 04, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Nebraska Wesleyan has to file for the NCAA championship in order to do so. I am not aware they have done so for football. They have stopped doing so for basketball, it sounds like.

They were listed this year in the Pre-Championship Manual.  Thus, I'm not sure when they won't be counted.

wally_wabash

Don't forget about the ASC shrinking to six teams as well.  I know they've got two years of scramble time to find a seventh member, but there's a possible influx of teams into Pool B coming in a couple of years (2016 maybe?). 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

wesleydad

Quote from: wally_wabash on December 04, 2013, 12:20:15 PM
Don't forget about the ASC shrinking to six teams as well.  I know they've got two years of scramble time to find a seventh member, but there's a possible influx of teams into Pool B coming in a couple of years (2016 maybe?).

that would make for an interesting scenerio, UMHB and Wesley both in pool b.  may change the pool B never getting a C bid if that would occur.  if there are no designated B's, then they are in the pool C group, correct?  Hoping that the CAC does turn into a football conference, but still has some work to do.

umhb2001

Taking my seat Saturday at Crusader Stadium, I looked up a row and saw a man sitting with a Wabash jacket on. He and his wive live in Irvine, Texas, he having attending Wabash. It was a good time to talk to him as he knew quite a bit of D3 and loved watching the games. It was his first time to Belton to see a game; I hope he returns. Left a good impression of Wabash on me.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

AUPepBand

Quote from: umhb2001 on December 04, 2013, 05:14:33 PM

Taking my seat Saturday at Crusader Stadium, I looked up a row and saw a man sitting with a Wabash jacket on. He and his wive live in Irvine, Texas, he having attending Wabash. It was a good time to talk to him as he knew quite a bit of D3 and loved watching the games. It was his first time to Belton to see a game; I hope he returns. Left a good impression of Wabash on me.

Pep always enjoys talking D3 football whenever he's away from Mayberry. Getting off occasionally for good behavior makes Pep's serving a life sentence in Alfred a bit more tolerable. Pep always tries to wear his Alfred gear when at such places as Cedar Point, etc. and thoroughly enjoys finding another D3 team represented.

Now to get to the meat of the matter, does UMHB have a marching band, a pep band or canned music in the CRUthedral?

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Frank Rossi on December 04, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 04, 2013, 09:31:08 AM
Nebraska Wesleyan has to file for the NCAA championship in order to do so. I am not aware they have done so for football. They have stopped doing so for basketball, it sounds like.

They were listed this year in the Pre-Championship Manual.  Thus, I'm not sure when they won't be counted.

And the pre-championship manual never has mistakes in it, so that's good. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Toby Taff

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 04, 2013, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: umhb2001 on December 04, 2013, 05:14:33 PM

Pep always enjoys talking D3 football whenever he's away from Mayberry. Getting off occasionally for good behavior makes Pep's serving a life sentence in Alfred a bit more tolerable. Pep always tries to wear his Alfred gear when at such places as Cedar Point, etc. and thoroughly enjoys finding another D3 team represented.

Now to get to the meat of the matter, does UMHB have a marching band, a pep band or canned music in the CRUthedral?

On Saxon Warriors!
UMHB has a small band that takes the field like a marching band. As for music ant the CRUthedral, it is both live and canned
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Frank Rossi

This Just In:

The preliminary reports of the demise of Mount Union Football in 2013 appear to be inaccurate.  Film at 11...

(On SportsTime Ohio)  ;)

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Frank Rossi on December 07, 2013, 12:24:29 PM
This Just In:

The preliminary reports of the demise of Mount Union Football in 2013 appear to be inaccurate.  Film at 11...

(On SportsTime Ohio)  ;)

This Just In:

The preliminary reports of the demise of Wesley Football in 2013 appear to be inaccurate.  Film at 11...

(On SportsTime Ohio)  ???

Bartman

Wow unbelievable comeback by Wesley, almost all the way. I guess Mount Union pass defense is vulnerable....you think? Now if only Fisher can catch some of the Wesley magic....yes, interception....and they have the wind in the 4th quarter...hmmmm
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

ITH radio

So eventhough there really aren't regions, we're going to get an East Region initial ranking Weds.

Is Wesley on it or not? If not, who's #1?

Hobart? Based on "body of work" they seem like a good possibility. Knock is no wins over RRO (doubting Endicott will make Top 10) and very low SoS (167).

DelVal has same record as HOB and best RRO win (over Montclair) and a good SoS.

Widener is also 8-0 but may not have a RRO win since Rowan has fallen off.

My guess of potential top 10 will be

Hobart
DVC
Widener
MIT
Montclair
Fisher
SLU
Fram St
Mo State
Husson
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

wally_wabash

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

rams1102

I believe that the so called East Region should be headed by Wesley and they will be part of the NJAC next year. Wesley is in the South and Salisbury is in the East. Semantics? The balance will be :

South - UMHB
North - MTU
West - UWW

Barring any hick-ups in the last (2) weeks above is my belief of what we will see.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

@d3jason

Interesting question is, assuming Wesley is a number one seed right now, do they still warrant a top seed if they lose to I-FCS UNC Charlotte next Saturday?

Frank Rossi

Quote from: @d3jason on November 03, 2014, 07:33:09 PM
Interesting question is, assuming Wesley is a number one seed right now, do they still warrant a top seed if they lose to I-FCS UNC Charlotte next Saturday?

Yes.  Results vs. Non-division opponents are low-end secondary criteria that, if used, would normally be outweighed by their SOS.