WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calhsu

Gee I hope the great non hand shaking scandel is finished.
What a big deal over nothing.   I know lots of nice and good people who could walk off a court after losing a game  like that.   I'll give MCM grief over lots of stuff and its hard core fans,  but not over something that means nothing.

Josh I thought your remarks were right on the mark on the HSU apperance at Springfield.   It really is all about levels of play.   HSU has worked years to get to that level and found it a pretty tough place to be.  It took more than one elite eight apperance to go farther and now the program can actually talk about a day when they might win a national championship.   

As far as next year they will have to have someone step up big to replace West.   I really like the play of the point guard,  I thought she got some terrible calls but over all I thought she did a good job.  If she was the second string then that postion  should be fine.   The forwards are fine.  It really all come down if they can rebound.  They will have some seniors that I feel will one to get back to the final four.
A great freshmen class is  also needed.   

inthepaint

Quote from: calhsu on March 21, 2006, 06:41:35 PM
Gee I hope the great non hand shaking scandel is finished.
What a big deal over nothing.   

I know you were writing tongue-in-cheek, but there really was no scandal.  I do appreciate, however, your bringing it up again.  Maybe with a little fanning the flame will burn a little brighter!   ;)

calhsu

Since fanning is the family name I am always doing a little of it.

I guess this means the page is dead till sometime in the summer when we get some word on any players leaving a team or coming to a team. 

dsc

Right...but there is a baseball board.
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

pirateonthebrazos

The American Southwest will be one tough conference next year.  Besides HSU having no seniors  I noticed at the Confernce tourney of the the 8 teams there, 1 team had 5 Srs. and the most on any team for the other 7 teams were 2 Seniors.  It will be a great season for watching girls basketball!

inthepaint

No seniors on HSU?  What about Sonya West?  I thought she was a senior!

calhsu

Technically West is not a senior but I think it has been suggested she will graduate before next season. 

fanstand

You know we talk about players coming back or not. What about coaches? TLU coach resigned, I don't look for changes in the conference but who knows? This is the time of the year there are offers put on the table. There could be changes in that area too. Who is to say......just something to ponder over the long offseason. You never know. Sweet deals are sometimes made, offers you can't refuse................

Ralph Turner

Here is a big-time coaching change in the ASC-West.

TLU's Volleyball Coach Brandi Bradley is leaving TLU to take a job at Dell Computer and to move closer to family.

Coach Bradley took the Lady Bulldogs to the Sweet 16 in 2004.  She had ASC-West titles in 2003 and 2004.

http://www.tlu.edu/athletics/volleyball/news/060321_bradley_resigns.html

LC-DBO

LC gets new Women's Basketball Coach today ... Here is the link to the article ... http://thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060403/SPORTS/60403009

Pat Coleman

Found some interesting stuff in a google search. Her Montana State win-loss record was missing from the school release, so I went looking for it and found a lot more than that:

http://www.d3hoops.com/news.php?date=2006-04-04
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Josh Bowerman

I guess that could be taken two different ways...   ???
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

Ralph Turner

If you google Robin Potera-Haskins you will find she has thrived in the smaller faith-based programs in the Texas.  Her success at Wilmer-Hutchins HS, Austin College and Texas Wesleyan should be reproduced at LC.

She is familiar with the ASC, even before the expansion since 1999.  She should relate very well to Louisiana Women Cagers.  I think that the ASC-East just got tougher, and she is a good fit for LC.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Josh Bowerman on April 04, 2006, 08:59:46 PM
I guess that could be taken two different ways...   ???

Well, if the record had been in the release, no need to go looking.

Heh, and for that matter, if the release had actually been sent to us, definitely no need to go looking for info. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Josh Bowerman

That point isn't lost on me--I feel your pain. 

I just wonder what the MSU guy meant by "fit".  Sorry, should've clarified that I read the release and was curious.
"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass